Jun 16, 2022
i very much disagree with your assessment of Vanessa
she is very intelligent, and a total gold digger who thinks nothing of emasculating her future 'mate' and is extremely manipulative; hardly transparent at all. She is to put it kindly, a Cunt.

i think placing single term labels on the LIs is way too short-sighted at this point. Sasha is determined, stubbornly so, her scar showing the lengths she is willing to go to win at fighting/sparring. not to mention the convo about the white hair dying that if you notice, Several girls do [the insanely hot as yet un-named redhead comes to mind]...
Your assessment on my comment is very off the mark. I never once said these words are the only traits I can summarize from the characterization of the LIs, they are my impressions so far. As a result, my impressions are subject to change, not set in stone. Also, I even stated that the LIs' personalities overlap in some aspects with another, which adds to the complexity of who they are as a person, so that single term label comment is actually in agreement with me, not against me.
This is apart of my comment below:

"Additionally, from what I can assess the MC relates to some of the girls through words/ideas (Yes, I do believe some of the LIs' qualities intersect with one another. Ex: I see a lot of similarities between Bella/Nadia/Zara or Mila/Victoria or Nami/Nia or Ayua/Maja or Sasha/Mila):".
Again, this means that the terms I'm using are some of the personalities I would associate with them, but it is not whatsoever the complete summary of their identities as humans.

As for the disagreement with Vanessa, again, those are NOT THE ONLY qualities I would assign to Vanessa, they are what caught my eye in my impressions of Vanessa so far. I didn't state terms like intelligent and manipulative, because those were too obvious for me.
As for transparency, Vanessa is a like a black hole, in which, she will continuously mow down/deflect any attempts by characters who do not answer truthfully. Especially, to the questions that Vanessa specifically want answered, like how she has acted so far towards the MC, Nami, Mila, and own sister Zara. This approach can be seen as very assertive, for she has no desire to beat around the bush, and at times, purposely ignores the uneasiness in a room certain subjects evoke to get the answers. For the last time, does this mean this is all to Vanessa's character? No.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I'm not sure what the dev is trying to say about the Mila scene but in case he is suggesting the rework is better than the og, let me put it like this;

This is what we want: View attachment 3137532
it's realistic, it's down to earth, it is beautiful

this is NOT what we want: View attachment 3137533

it's ridiculous, it's trying to be over the top, it is UGLY
Yeah, it's a shame things aren't kept simple. Mila seems to have a different salon hairstyle every other day. Maybe it's something unique to her character...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Sleepy666
Jun 16, 2022
Yeah, it's a shame things aren't kept simple. Mila seems to have a different salon hairstyle every other day. Maybe it's something unique to her character...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The more I look at current Mila, the more she reminds me of Bella. I wish Oceanlab would stop with these unnecessary reworks on characters. He is already spending so much time bouncing back and forth between this project and Where it All Began.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
The more I look at current Mila, the more she reminds me of Bella. I wish Oceanlab would stop with these unnecessary reworks on characters. He is already spending so much time bouncing back and forth between this project and Where it All Began.
I don't call it an unnecessary rework on Mila's overall appearance. It's just of all the female characters in SG, she seems to be the one that sports a different designer hairstyle every other day. I assume that's very intentional.

Jun 16, 2022
I don't call it an unnecessary rework on Mila's overall appearance. It's just of all the female characters in SG, she seems to be the one that sports a different designer hairstyle every other day. I assume that's very intentional.
I'm not referencing her hairstyles, I'm discussing about her body/facial structures that appear to be different so often.

Edit:
Seeing Oceanlab refer to Mila's initial appearance as shitty is what made me upset. I didn't see anything wrong to suggest such a description.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
I'm not referencing her hairstyles, I'm discussing about her body/facial structures that appear to be different so often.

Edit:
Seeing Oceanlab refer to Mila's initial appearance as shitty is what made me upset. I didn't see anything wrong to suggest such a description.
As much as I support Ocean and most of the times like what he does in regards to story, dialogue and renders, ever since he changed Mila I have been vocal about it, and seeing him referring to Mila's original model as 'shitty' is kinda disappointing. As I have mentioned before more than once (and here I am saying it again!) Mila's old model was unique and made her stand out.

Her skin tone was unique, her lips were unique, her eyes were like no one else's in the VN. Her body was completely different to others, and then Ocean not only inflated her breasts (By accident, if I remember correctly), he made her body frame thicker, gave her a bigger ass, and he also (and it might not be too noticeable) made her lips thicker. Same as Vic, her original body frame was smaller, her lips were thinner and the corner of her lips were naturally slightly pointing up, then Vic suddenly has bigger boobs and thicker lips that make her mouth look like Mila's, Nami's and Bella's. And also in WiAB, judging by the latest previews, he gave Helen bigger boobs too.

At the end of the day it's Ocean's creation and he can do with it whatever he likes, but I think it's a valid fair criticism to point out his habit of giving boobs and thicker lips to characters who used to be perfect (and unique) the way they used to.
I'm not saying current Mila is ugly. She's still attractive, but the original model wasn't bad looking.

John972

Apr 24, 2018

Edit:
I only meant in relation to my post that you quoted, since it's her hairstyle I was referring to in that post.

However, I understand your frustration with her body changes (especially her boobs).

One issue with SG to me is that by Ch 4, the game lay in three states:

1. The original (and lowest) quality renders as found in Chs 1 & 2
2. The interim (and medium) quality renders as found in Chs 3 & 3.5
3. The updated (and highest) quality renders found from Ch 4 onward.

As the game has transitioned through these stages/reworks, the appearance of some characters have also changed. Obviously, Mila is one such example...

I know Ch 5 Full will have the last of the major reworks, but there's a lot of those interim quality renders still in the game.

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
I'm not sure what the dev is trying to say about the Mila scene but in case he is suggesting the rework is better than the og, let me put it like this;

This is what we want: View attachment 3137532
it's realistic, it's down to earth, it is beautiful

this is NOT what we want: View attachment 3137533

it's ridiculous, it's trying to be over the top, it is UGLY
the old hairstyle looks fine. not sure why the change.

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
all the talk about Mila...
i literally thought his complaints weren't about her but about the render as a whole, the blurred background, why he had to do it, the different lighting because he had more experience, etc.

Reactions: John972

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
the old hairstyle looks fine. not sure why the change.
Personally I'm not a fan of pigtails at all because it's associated with immaturity and childishness, which are traits I'm not attracted to. That is a personal thing though, some people are.
Still it's strange that Ocean decided to take one of the "most feminine" characters in his game and give her pigtails. Or maybe it's a deliberate decision, you never know. I like her new look heaps better even if it's unnecessary to change her style every other encounter. All the "blonde bombshell" LIs are hard enough to keep track of as is.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Personally I'm not a fan of pigtails at all because it's associated with immaturity and childishness, which are traits I'm not attracted to. That is a personal thing though, some people are.
Still it's strange that Ocean decided to take one of the "most feminine" characters in his game and give her pigtails. Or maybe it's a deliberate decision, you never know. I like her new look heaps better even if it's unnecessary to change her style every other encounter. All the "blonde bombshell" LIs are hard enough to keep track of as is.
Come on! It's cute! I hope it isn't through the whole game. It is fine for a scene though, don't ya think?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I think (from memory) Ocean mentioned he made a mistake with the sculpt tool when dealing with Mila, and maybe it was adapting some new techniques he was trying in Blender. The strange this is that he kept moving forward with the changes to try and correct it by doing more rather than reverting, and essentially she became more silicon styled.

I much prefer her facial features now, but I can't honestly say what her body is like. It's somewhere on the scale between Nami and Karen I guess? I imagine once 5 full is done, Ocean will basically have her model fixed for the rest of the game ...unless Mila manages to lose some connective tissue from all the sweet sweet golf exercising, just like Nika got gains from such short, near-death training experiences. :sneaky:

I guess a thing to keep in mind is someone playing SG for the first time wouldn't know there was any different Mila.

Ocean isn't fixated on only enlarging - Eva is a pretty frugal character, she reminds me of a certain neurotic chihuahua :cool:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I have to confess, I don't like Mila. I mean, I love her personality but I don't like her looks. The most recent version from CH5 has fixed the sculpting issue or whatever it was, but I still don't like her visual appearance. But, I find very attractive Nami, Bella, Sasha, Robin, Zara, Nadia, Maja, Nia, Amber, Kate, Sasha's motley friend, Wrong Cheeto, Girl in a baseball cap, Coach Hill, Ceril older sis. I don’t know what to think about Vic, I like some of her images, while others look strange or ridiculous.

And with such a rich cast of girls for every taste, I just can't bring myself to bitching about Mila, especially when Ocean said several times that he liked that she had exactly these features, it was his intention to make her inflated like a balloon uniquely curvy. If giant curvy Mila is the price to pay for the other beauties I like, well, that's the price I'm willing to pay. Ocean should have at least one girl in his game who suits his taste. :KEK:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

Hello,
So...

Chapter 5's full is coming along well, and I've finished the most daunting scene. The Bella heist night from Chapter 2 is done.
Just to give you an idea of how much longer that scene is:

Old Chapter 2: 77 Renders

New Chapter 2: 234 renders

The heist night has tripled in size.

I'll add some comparisons here and there. (4K of all images attached.)

Old Chapter 2

New

Old

New

Old

New

But... will the night end after the heist? :)

The heirloom Bella and the MC steal now have a separate scene too.

I'd say I'm about 65% done with the rework and around 600 renders in. I'm actually faster than I first anticipated. I did struggle a little with the heist scenes. I had to create so many new environments (Except the outside).

The only stuff that's still missing is the college Part in Chapter 2. I already finished the Bella end scenes (Previewed it in the last log.) and the beginning is also completely done.

I'd say around 500 renders more and it's done.

Here's another scene from Chapter 2 that's done.

Old Noji & Nami morning after the heist.

New

While I was scrolling through the old Chapters... I found this old Nightmare of a scene.

I remember said scene vividly... Before Chapter 3 was released, I completely re-did it because I couldn't render it properly and had to blur the shit out of it bc every character in the background was on the lowest res possible so I could render it. Still, this scene still features the shitty Mila model.

I'm redoing said scene and I'm almost done with it.

I had a pretty long call with my tax office.

I won't be able to buy as much music as I did in the past for quite some time if we ignore a potential Steam success.

The issue is that I have to write off music licenses over 10 years if they're over 500-800€. A lot of them are...

This means only a fraction of the music I paid for will be counted as a business expense for the upcoming years

It's ~0.83% per month that I can deduct. The rest of the money I already spent on licenses, I have to pay taxes on... Even though the money has already been spent on the game/business.

I won't have tax problems or something like that, but it fucks with my future music endeavors and I need to be much more careful. Don't expect a big collection of music at the beginning of Season 2.

And it wouldn't be a Season 2 Dev log without a Season 2 preview...

I'll be moving in a few days and I'll try to get everything done ASAP. I'll be one day without internet though.

WiAB's going to be out soon and I'm speedrunning the ~1100 renders for the Chapter 5 Full.

I'll see you in two weeks!

I might make some SG and WiAB Christmas treats. Maybe Bellchen and Katie together... I'll see where my inspiration takes me.

- Ocean
Thanks for the update, but pls allow me to note beeing not very happy with all the effort wasted into old chapters.
Instead of it I rather would prefer all the manpower is invested in proceeding with this amazing story.

As I posted here https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-5-beta-oceanlab.29981/post-12270910 the potential of this game is almost endless, and I don´t want to wait 10 years until I finally get to know what happend to Summer..............

Btw I also was happy with Milas old look, but thank heavens she is still stunning and my favorite char ;)

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
and I don´t want to wait 10 years until I finally get to know what happend to Summer..............
I frankly don't give a single shit about what happened to Summer and I would be surprised if other players do.
The only important thing is that she doesn't suddenly turn up and gets between me and [insert favourite LI].

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes