Meloned

Mar 22, 2023
Android port in spanish and english. ( Language can be changed in-game )

Thanks, hope the devs settle all things up in final ch5, i really wonder if they'll do sex scene on ch6 then all the way to 10 or sum, really excited how the outcome would be, good luck to this lovely game.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
The Summer's Gone wikia mentions that the game will have 32 episodes... Is this some kind of inside joke? I mean, this game receives 1 update per year.

I don't mind receiving annual updates, but... 32 episodes? My shitty math tells me that this means the development of this game would take 27 years to complete.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The Summer's Gone wikia mentions that the game will have 32 episodes... Is this some kind of inside joke? I mean, this game receives 1 update per year.

I don't mind receiving annual updates, but... 32 episodes? My shitty math tells me that this means the development of this game would take 27 years to complete.
The last thing I read was that Ocean was looking at about 6 seasons with 5 chapters/season so 32 chapters might be the best estimate out there (I don't follow the Wiki so I have no way to know how frequently it is updated).

I do know that Ocean has spent significant time in the last 18 months advancing the story in SG while redoing CH 1 & 2, as well as adding in continuity work and adjustments due to music licensing issues.

The rework of SG Season 1 is due to wrap up with the CH 5 Final release which we believe will hit in Jan 2024.

This extra work is all in preparation for a Steam release.

If the Steam release goes well, it will provide a significant resource bump for Ocean, and this will in turn help with his ability to pay for help as well as buy hardware and music, for example.

Ocean said that the rework will be complete with CH 5 Final, which means that we have every reason to believe that we will get content updates more frequently. 100% of Ocean's effort will be able to be put into the latest chapter (a great Steam release will, IMO, positively impact SG in a number of ways, including update frequency).

Is this still a Very ambitious project that will likely take two decades to get to completion - Yes.

As a supporter, I'm happy to support Ocean as he creates this story and shares it with us.

I believe that the great renders & animations, music that has found its way onto several of my playlists, and deep story make my $ very well spent.

BTW - he has already begun sharing early work (renders created) for CH 6, which is being developed while Ocean works on wrapping up CH 5 and releasing CH 3 of WIAB (target release Dec 23, 2023).

Cheers!! :coffee:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
The last thing I read was that Ocean was looking at about 6 seasons with 5 chapters/season so 32 chapters might be the best estimate out there (I don't follow the Wiki so I have no way to know how frequently it is updated).

I do know that Ocean has spent significant time in the last 18 months advancing the story in SG while redoing CH 1 & 2, as well as adding in continuity work and adjustments due to music licensing issues.

The rework of SG Season 1 is due to wrap up with the CH 5 Final release which we believe will hit in Jan 2024.

This extra work is all in preparation for a Steam release.

If the Steam release goes well, it will provide a significant resource bump for Ocean, and this will in turn help with his ability to pay for help as well as buy hardware and music, for example.

Ocean said that the rework will be complete with CH 5 Final, which means that we have every reason to believe that we will get content updates more frequently. 100% of Ocean's effort will be able to be put into the latest chapter (a great Steam release will, IMO, positively impact SG in a number of ways, including update frequency).

Is this still a Very ambitious project that will likely take two decades to get to completion - Yes.

As a supporter, I'm happy to support Ocean as he creates this story and shares it with us.

I believe that the great renders & animations, music that has found its way onto several of my playlists, and deep story make my $ very well spent.

BTW - he has already begun sharing early work (renders created) for CH 6, which is being developed while Ocean works on wrapping up CH 5 and releasing CH 3 of WIAB (target release Dec 23, 2023).

Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my question. :giggle: Your response was quite enlightening, which is unfortunately a rarity as users prefer to mock or simply react with a 'Facepalm'.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my question. :giggle: Your response was quite enlightening, which is unfortunately a rarity as users prefer to mock or simply react with a 'Facepalm'.
No worries! I remember being new to F95/different threads and carefully choosing my questions/wording as I got the 'lay of the land.'

Every once in a while, I felt like a clay pigeon and just missed hearing someone yell 'pull.' :oops:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You did not take the troll path in the way you commented on SG, but provided a fact - how many seasons mentioned in the wiki - and commented that this makes SG feel like it will take Long time to be completed.

I treated your comment as genuine and responded as such.

The rework, and the time spent on it versus advancing the SG story more rapidly, has been an area of comment for more than one year.

I usually try to provide the background re: Why Ocean is doing the rework to provide perspective (and give a bit of hope for more rapid future releases once the rework is done).

I've found most people understand even if they would not necessarily make the same choices that Ocean did on the rework/focus on a Steam release.

I don't know if you have played SG Season 1 yet.

If you have not, I recommend holding out until SG CH 5 Final is released (target time frame = Jan 2024) so you get to enjoy the best version of SG Season 1.

If you decide to play through all of SG's existing content, there will be a drop off in quality or renders as well as some continuity misses for the last third of the current CH 2 and this could create some confusion.

I just wanted to give you a heads up if you are currently playing SG.

Happy Holiday to you and yours!

StevenD90

Jun 21, 2022
No worries! I remember being new to F95/different threads and carefully choosing my questions/wording as I got the 'lay of the land.'

Every once in a while, I felt like a clay pigeon and just missed hearing someone yell 'pull.' :oops:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You did not take the troll path in the way you commented on SG, but provided a fact - how many seasons mentioned in the wiki - and commented that this makes SG feel like it will take Long time to be completed.

I treated your comment as genuine and responded as such.

The rework, and the time spent on it versus advancing the SG story more rapidly, has been an area of comment for more than one year.

I usually try to provide the background re: Why Ocean is doing the rework to provide perspective (and give a bit of hope for more rapid future releases once the rework is done).

I've found most people understand even if they would not necessarily make the same choices that Ocean did on the rework/focus on a Steam release.

I don't know if you have played SG Season 1 yet.

If you have not, I recommend holding out until SG CH 5 Final is released (target time frame = Jan 2024) so you get to enjoy the best version of SG Season 1.

If you decide to play through all of SG's existing content, there will be a drop off in quality or renders as well as some continuity misses for the last third of the current CH 2 and this could create some confusion.

I just wanted to give you a heads up if you are currently playing SG.

Happy Holiday to you and yours!

I just got to the point in CH 2 where I got the message about the drop in quality. I came here to see if it was worthwhile waiting for the CH 5 Final version. Thanks!

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I just got to the point in CH 2 where I got the message about the drop in quality. I came here to see if it was worthwhile waiting for the CH 5 Final version. Thanks!
it's not that bad, and it's not a whole lot of content anyway with the older renders, you should be fine

Reactions: StevenD90

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Actually, Ocean's made a lot of expanded content to replace the old renders according to the dev logs, so some of that ch2 stuff is new content that places more information earlier in the game.
haven't read that so my bad, but the point I think is still valid, if you are only concerned about the drop in render quality then it''s not a big deal. I'll play it myself from the beginning anyway as I did for each rework

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
haven't read that so my bad, but the point I think is still valid, if you are only concerned about the drop in render quality then it''s not a big deal. I'll play it myself from the beginning anyway as I did for each rework
The point is not valid at all. Chatper 5 full will have more content than it currently does in beta. Simple as that.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I´m hopefully looking forward

I can only emphasize :D

Anyway Merry X-Mas :love:

Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
Hello, how much stuff is still left to be reworked, and what is the schedule for that? I remember seeing a post that had a schedule, but I can't find it.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Hello, how much stuff is still left to be reworked, and what is the schedule for that? I remember seeing a post that had a schedule, but I can't find it.
None. There will be extra content in the full release (next month...planned). Soon as that happens, it will hit Steam. Rework is done.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Actually, Ocean's made a lot of expanded content to replace the old renders according to the dev logs, so some of that ch2 stuff is new content that places more information earlier in the game.
It might be new content but supposedly it shouldn't alter the story in any significant way. And it's not like the "new" content is fap content. So those that are very impatient and can't wait another month or so, go ahead and play through right now. You know you want to. Those that don't mind the wait, should wait.
so i can start playing it again, no new reworks coming?
No, some reworking of Chapter 2 will come with the Chapter 5 final release. But see my comment earlier in this post.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes