BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
View attachment 3398791

View attachment 3398794

I'm sure my walnut brain is missing something, so I'll let you explain how an increase of ~200 paid members indicates hemorrhaging support.
First the guy tries to sell everyone on video cards, then he tries to sell everyone on AI. Now he can't read graphs. He also claims to like the game, but can't make a list of things he actually likes about it. There's no point refuting someone who takes pride in being contrarian in everything purely to argue.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
First the guy tries to sell everyone on video cards, then he tries to sell everyone on AI. Now he can't read graphs. He also claims to like the game, but can't make a list of things he actually likes about it. There's no point refuting someone who takes pride in being contrarian in everything purely to argue.
Something seems to be going on with someone on my ignore list, judging to all the replies to that someone.

Since I'm blissfully unaware of the drama, I came here to ask:

...what are people's opinions on Nika's memories? Does Nika have some sort of traumatic amnesia - i.e. he has blocked out certain memories surrounding what happened to Summer - or is Ocean simply using ambiguity as a narrative plot to keep players in suspense?

For example, Nika dreams about and has memory of him and Summer together in the Cabin. That's also the point where his dreams mostly end.

Nika seems to have difficulty either recalling or dealing with the events immediately after the cabin, something Amber is wanting to explore in their next therapy session. Even Nijoko and Nami seem to walk on eggshells when talking to Nika about those events. Is Nika blocking memories or simply getting triggered when recalling them?

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Something seems to be going on with someone on my ignore list, judging to all the replies to that someone.

...what are people's opinions on Nika's memories? Does Nika have some sort of traumatic amnesia - i.e. he has blocked out certain memories surrounding what happened to Summer - or is Ocean simply using ambiguity as a narrative plot to keep players in suspense?

For example, Nika dreams about and has memory of him and Summer together in the Cabin. That's also the point where his dreams mostly end.

Nika seems to have difficulty either recalling or dealing with the events immediately after the cabin, something Amber is wanting to explore in their next therapy session. Even Nijoko and Nami seem to walk on eggshells when talking to Nika about those events. Is Nika blocking memories or simply getting triggered when recalling them?
I always thought it was a combination of both: He remembers certain things, but they're too hurtful to even think about them (these are the ones Noji and Nami could be aware of), but certain traumatic events can make you forget certain things.

Or it could be that Nika knows what happened, but Ocean isn't going to spill the beans and show us immediately what happened.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

I think it's both. I think Ocean's specifically using Nika's trauma/disassociation as a way to create ambiguity as well as just loving keeping us in suspense. The suspense of what happens next is what keeps us eager for the next release after all, Ocean uses suspense much better than most AVN writers. He's not stingy with details, but loves misdirection and hiding things in plain sight.

One thing I find interesting about the cabin incident - it clearly freaks him out, but when he talks about seeing Summer after then he doesn't freak out as much. If it was a violent incident, and if the last time was a coffin (not saying she's dead though, just as a thought experiment), he'd have closure, unless he blocked it out. But he remembers seeing her again, yet has flashbacks with the hospital thinking he hadn't been there before.

On this, I don't think we can guess whether it was a violent trauma or emotional trauma, as we don't know anything about it. I think someone (Edit: DoomyK) posted about Marla being in on the racing - what if the weird lights in the cabin dream foreshadow car lights? The lights seemed cheesy, but if they represent traffic that actually might make some sense. I wonder if his reaction to seeing Vic in her accident is because it mirrors something that happened to Summer, and he feels drawn to her because of the unconscious similarity of the event. Maybe we'll find out Marla hit Summer while driving near the cabin and that's why Nika is part of her problem?

About Noji and Nami talking about it:

n "We all were shocked when the whole Summer thing went down but MAN!"
n "It's been years! GET OVER IT!"

Kinda seems to me that what they know suggests they're tip toeing around his feelings more than being so concerned about the events themselves. That explosion from Nami is pretty insensitive, and expecting way too much, while she really tip toes around the 'violent' incident just earlier.

So definitely selective, and I'd say based on context. Nika's not aware he's self censoring.

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
You're operating on the flawed assumption that Summer's Gone is a primarily community driven project. It is not. It is Ocean's game. It is produced almost entirely by him, and the parts he outsources, he has direct oversight over. I honestly don't think he has ever listened to feedback about the game (at least not from this website), dialogue typos and grammar errors aside. Not that I disagree - just stating how it is.

But yeah, if you so strongly believe that this will help SG, then you're more than welcome to go pitch your ideas directly to Ocean in the Discord server. No use ranting here, considering he doesn't even have an account anymore.
Now I'm asking you: what's the point of this thread and what's the point in F95 being a forum since "it's Ocean's game therefore yaddayaddayadda".

As if I'm writing here on F95 because I wanted my point of view on games to be validated by their developers... well, it isn't so.

I'm writing on a game's thread because I have opinions on the game and I want to share these opinions with other F95 users.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Now I'm asking you: what's the point of this thread and what's the point in F95 being a forum since "it's Ocean's game therefore yaddayaddayadda".

As if I'm writing here on F95 because I wanted my point of view on games to be validated by their developers... well, it isn't so.

I'm writing on a game's thread because I have opinions on the game and I want to share these opinions with other F95 users.
And people give you valuable feedback telling you what they think of your opinion. :KEK:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I think someone (Edit: DoomyK) posted about Marla being in on the racing - what if the weird lights in the cabin dream foreshadow car lights? The lights seemed cheesy, but if they represent traffic that actually might make some sense. I wonder if his reaction to seeing Vic in her accident is because it mirrors something that happened to Summer, and he feels drawn to her because of the unconscious similarity of the event. Maybe we'll find out Marla hit Summer while driving near the cabin and that's why Nika is part of her problem?
Given the current level of ambiguity, anything could be true. And the crazy “Marla the Streetracer” is a very cool theory. :KEK:
BTW, I don't remember this, when Nika first saw Bella's car, he said that he knew this car from somewhere. Was this explained later?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Given the current level of ambiguity, anything could be true. And the crazy “Marla the Streetracer” is a very cool theory. :KEK:
BTW, I don't remember this, when Nika first saw Bella's car, he said that he knew this car from somewhere. Was this explained later?
Just passing time until season 1, you know me :) I was thinking more along the lines of what if Marla is a serial car accident survivor? Not so much a street racer, but completely incompetent? What if it was Nika hit by a car that caused his lung to collapse? I sense there's more to Nika being Stephanie's problem than the incident with Vic - if it was just about that, Stephanie would want to do a shared therapy with Vic.

I think Nika's recognition of Bella's car is the implication is that Vic's accident was due to street racing which leads to the Marla racer theory - that's the only scene with cars prior to Nika seeing it. Or it's just not mentioned yet. It has to be something recent though, as Bella won it recently enough for the guy to still be trying to get back at her.

JEER0X

Sep 17, 2019
its hard to read peoples questions and answers when there is so much fighting going on where's the moderator for this forum

Reactions: Mortarion

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
its hard to read peoples questions and answers when there is so much fighting going on where's the moderator for this forum
Too many forums, too many off-topic posts, mods can't review posts in real time. There is a "report" button in the left down corner of each post. Click it on posts that you think violate the forum rules, and mods will eventually appear.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
I think it's both. I think Ocean's specifically using Nika's trauma/disassociation as a way to create ambiguity as well as just loving keeping us in suspense. The suspense of what happens next is what keeps us eager for the next release after all, Ocean uses suspense much better than most AVN writers. He's not stingy with details, but loves misdirection and hiding things in plain sight.

One thing I find interesting about the cabin incident - it clearly freaks him out, but when he talks about seeing Summer after then he doesn't freak out as much. If it was a violent incident, and if the last time was a coffin (not saying she's dead though, just as a thought experiment), he'd have closure, unless he blocked it out. But he remembers seeing her again, yet has flashbacks with the hospital thinking he hadn't been there before.

On this, I don't think we can guess whether it was a violent trauma or emotional trauma, as we don't know anything about it. I think someone (Edit: DoomyK) posted about Marla being in on the racing - what if the weird lights in the cabin dream foreshadow car lights? The lights seemed cheesy, but if they represent traffic that actually might make some sense. I wonder if his reaction to seeing Vic in her accident is because it mirrors something that happened to Summer, and he feels drawn to her because of the unconscious similarity of the event. Maybe we'll find out Marla hit Summer while driving near the cabin and that's why Nika is part of her problem?

About Noji and Nami talking about it:

n "We all were shocked when the whole Summer thing went down but MAN!"
n "It's been years! GET OVER IT!"

Kinda seems to me that what they know suggests they're tip toeing around his feelings more than being so concerned about the events themselves. That explosion from Nami is pretty insensitive, and expecting way too much, while she really tip toes around the 'violent' incident just earlier.

So definitely selective, and I'd say based on context. Nika's not aware he's self censoring.
There is a grain of truth in this. Nika is not the most reliable narrator. So, he may be so in denial that he may interpret any phrases about Summer's death as having disappeared, and we as viewers are already seeing a distorted version of other people's words. And he could have seen her at least once more at the funeral. Hence the memory of white flowers. It was also there that Summer’s grief-stricken parents may have insulted him. But this is just a theory.
The problem with Summer's story is that every time new information appears about Summer in the game or even from the words of the developer, it can be interpreted as both the side of her death or the fact that she may be alive and will appear one day. As an example, here, or on discord, there was a debate about Summer’s past,dev wrote that she was very good and loved Nika very much and then added this information to the scene with Nia. This can be interpreted as the fact that she is dead (only good things about the dead) or the fact that she is alive (he gives extra bullets for Summer, tries to balance it out, because girls like Bella or Nami will have a huge advantage).

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
You can use the "search" box on the top right if you want to look for a specific topic (for the answers/questions)

People are talking/arguing about the game, which is on topic (the games thread) if you see people talking/arguing about something not related to the topic, that is called "Off-topic" which doesn't belong on this or any other game's thread.

You can report those, and the Mods will take a look. For most things, you need to report it for a Mod to see and do something about it. Lots of kids and adults bickering like kids on here. You'll see more of the same in other threads. Some worse than others.

As for me being On Topic with this reply.... I hate Bella.

Thank you, cum again.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
I'm so curious about Summer, but at the same time I don't her to ever come back. For once I'd love to see a long lost love that never returned, and MC having to accept it and move on. Might be cause lately I played a couple of VNs where MC loses contact with 'the love of his life/childhood' only to see her come back (while dealing with new temptations).

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
I'm so curious about Summer, but at the same time I don't her to ever come back.
Cheeto was Summer all along. Summer killed her, took her place, because there could only be one.

That or you'll see her come back halfway through, but he's already with Cheeto (or whoever you choose) and they will fight it out to the death. Again, there can only be one.

Or or...possible 3-way? yay, nay, fight to death-ay?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
There is a grain of truth in this. Nika is not the most reliable narrator. So, he may be so in denial that he may interpret any phrases about Summer's death as having disappeared, and we as viewers are already seeing a distorted version of other people's words. And he could have seen her at least once more at the funeral. Hence the memory of white flowers. It was also there that Summer’s grief-stricken parents may have insulted him. But this is just a theory.
The problem with Summer's story is that every time new information appears about Summer in the game or even from the words of the developer, it can be interpreted as both the side of her death or the fact that she may be alive and will appear one day. As an example, here, or on discord, there was a debate about Summer’s past,dev wrote that she was very good and loved Nika very much and then added this information to the scene with Nia. This can be interpreted as the fact that she is dead (only good things about the dead) or the fact that she is alive (he gives extra bullets for Summer, tries to balance it out, because girls like Bella or Nami will have a huge advantage).
I'm so curious about Summer, but at the same time I don't her to ever come back. For once I'd love to see a long lost love that never returned, and MC having to accept it and move on. Might be cause lately I played a couple of VNs where MC loses contact with 'the love of his life/childhood' only to see her come back (while dealing with new temptations).
Cheeto was Summer all along. Summer killed her, took her place, because there could only be one.

That or you'll see her come back halfway through, but he's already with Cheeto (or whoever you choose) and they will fight it out to the death. Again, there can only be one.

Or or...possible 3-way? yay, nay, fight to death-ay?
Out of reactions :)(y)

Summer could easily be dead, but it really depends on what happened. Nika doesn't believe she is though, otherwise he wouldn't consider spending Mario's money to pay Emilio to find out. Nami and Noji might not be pointing it out if he's in denial because they don't want to trigger a breakdown. The only other plausible theory I have is she's in witness protection, as there's certainly enough suspect dealings going on in Wollust from before in WiaB. I also don't want her to come back - it's better for her to be an unsolved mystery in my opinion. It makes the healing arc more significant for everyone involved. Nia also lost her friend, so many of the character have lost something - for Nika to get the 'get out of jail free' card of Summer returning diminishes the impact of everything else that has happened.

And an Ocean fighting game with all the LI's duking it out would be pretty surreal. Why not? :ROFLMAO:

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes