thethirdeye

Feb 19, 2021
Have been trying my hands on blender, and doing some stuff.

So does anybody have a roadmap to learn blender to create characters ?

Like what all to learn, and from where to?

Bluee7

Jan 7, 2018
Are old saves not works with ch5? Got this error.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1052, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4252, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1175, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 743, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1399, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 279, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1070, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1005, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 1078, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 889, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 807, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Are old saves not works with ch5? Got this error.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1052, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4252, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 743, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1070, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1005, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 1078, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 889, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 807, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Old saves are incompatible, also, from a dev log, Ocean has upgraded the renpy version for the full season one, which means playing from the start.

Unlike other games with broken saves though, there is almost a full chapter worth of new renders in the full release (at least over 1100 new renders I think) that aren't in the beta. So consider for yourself that if you want to see all the new content, whether you're willing to wait for the steam release as you won't see everything in the current Ch5 beta, and you'll have to replay for Ch5 Full.

Ocean said his next dev log should say that he's submitted it for steam review, but I will practice breathing like I do daily, even though I'm okay with blue balls, I don't also want a blue face :sneaky:

Edit: Bluee7 don't be sad, there is so much new content in Ch2 in the full season that you won't have seen before, you'll have to play from the start to see it all anyway, and to remember all the details. Currently there are continuity erros because the final part of the rework is missing in the beta.

As much as I don't want to go blue in the face, I am pretty damn excited to play the whole season, and it is pretty close :)

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Have been trying my hands on blender, and doing some stuff.

So does anybody have a roadmap to learn blender to create characters ?

Like what all to learn, and from where to?
Time, more time...and best to give yourself even more time...unless you're incredibly naturally profficient.

Very long learning curve even if you pick up and master the actual software yourself, creating characters....that's another thing entirely. Maybe aslo look at ZBrush if character creation is the main goal.

Last edited:

Raynare69

Jan 1, 2022
Old saves are incompatible, also, from a dev log, Ocean has upgraded the renpy version for the full season one, which means playing from the start.

Unlike other games with broken saves though, there is almost a full chapter worth of new renders in the full release (at least over 1100 new renders I think) that aren't in the beta. So consider for yourself that if you want to see all the new content, whether you're willing to wait for the steam release as you won't see everything in the current Ch5 beta, and you'll have to replay for Ch5 Full.

Ocean said his next dev log should say that he's submitted it for steam review, but I will practice breathing like I do daily, even though I'm okay with blue balls, I don't also want a blue face :sneaky:

Edit: Bluee7 don't be sad, there is so much new content in Ch2 in the full season that you won't have seen before, you'll have to play from the start to see it all anyway, and to remember all the details. Currently there are continuity erros because the final part of the rework is missing in the beta.

As much as I don't want to go blue in the face, I am pretty damn excited to play the whole season, and it is pretty close :)
I'm so on board with you, I'm sooo excited and it feels soooo close!

I love how well this game is done so much, when the steam version releases I'm going to buy it to show additional support and do a fresh new playthrough anyways. Some of those new Bella scenes and outfits look really great!

Can't wait to see all of the additional content! But I'll be relieved to see it done so we can finally start seeing more progress past chapter 5 as well.

Raynare69

Jan 1, 2022
It's worth waiting for. The quality of work is amazing! However, it feels sad to think that it could be a very long time before the story finishes, if ever. No clue how many planned chapters there are or if it has ever been stated, but it feels still far away from any kind of conclusion.
Really hoping to see the end some day. :HideThePain:

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
Really hoping to see the end some day
Careful what you hope for, after all, we will all see the end some day. :oops: As for the game, I think this is being built like a soap opera. An ongoing saga that has no intention of ending. I've only started playing it a few days ago, not sure how far through I am at this point, but no matter, that's the vibe I get from this guy's writing style.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Careful what you hope for, after all, we will all see the end some day. :oops: As for the game, I think this is being built like a soap opera. An ongoing saga that has no intention of ending. I've only started playing it a few days ago, not sure how far through I am at this point, but no matter, that's the vibe I get from this guy's writing style.
It certainly is built as a slow story, but Ocean has already written the script for 32(?) chapters. A slow burn story will feel episodic like a soap, but there is a definite story to be told between the two of Ocean's games (which don't have to be played together, they just enrich the sense of the world and back story if you like both), and it won't be and endless procession of new characters and new events. He wishes to create something that feels emotionally relevant, so continually shifting the goals of the story simply to extend it will diminish the significance of Nika's journey toward healing. All new events and characters that we'll see are already part of the planned story, the events aren't just throwing drama around for the sake of it.

I guess the simple thing is to look at the mice (cheesy as they are): we see the mice early in the 1st chapter, then we see the effect of them in the 5th. They exist purely to move Nika (and Nami and Noji) into Niks house, kinda kick starting his interactions with both Zara and Vanessa, just like the project forced him into contact with Bella. All the drama in this perspective is a means to an end, more important for how it pushes Nika along than for the drama itself.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
It certainly is built as a slow story, but Ocean has already written the script for 32(?) chapters. A slow burn story will feel episodic like a soap, but there is a definite story to be told between the two of Ocean's games (which don't have to be played together, they just enrich the sense of the world and back story if you like both), and it won't be and endless procession of new characters and new events. He wishes to create something that feels emotionally relevant, so continually shifting the goals of the story simply to extend it will diminish the significance of Nika's journey toward healing. All new events and characters that we'll see are already part of the planned story, the events aren't just throwing drama around for the sake of it.

I guess the simple thing is to look at the mice (cheesy as they are): we see the mice early in the 1st chapter, then we see the effect of them in the 5th. They exist purely to move Nika (and Nami and Noji) into Niks house, kinda kick starting his interactions with both Zara and Vanessa, just like the project forced him into contact with Bella. All the drama in this perspective is a means to an end, more important for how it pushes Nika along than for the drama itself.
In addition to your post, I would just like to give an example of how both games are linked:

Katie in WIAB
1710578799233.png
Katie in Summer's Gone
1710579410281.png

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
In addition to your post, I would just like to give an example of how both games are linked:

Katie in WIAB
View attachment 3447948
Katie in Summer's Gone
View attachment 3447985
Of course, playing WiaB means more Katie than in SG, so I can only see positive reasons for playing both :)

I was just mentioning that if someone didn't like WiaB (which would make Katie sad, so just like it anyway), SG would work even if you didn't know how awesome Katie is. You'd still work out she's awesome from the first SG screen she appears on, without knowing what happens before ;)

Reactions: Don Sucio

Mr. Harper

Feb 25, 2020
We can be almost certain it's a scar because of the way Nami asks where Sasha got it (assuming the scar because of the images and the way Nami worries it is a sensitive topic) and when Ayua touches the scar and says "I know you don't" hinting she knows how Sasha got the scar.

He had better ones in the old Wiab, when Willi was in hospital after being beaten up, and when Katie got scratched by the raccoon.

But maybe they were too generic for what he had in mind for Sasha's story, he customised it early, and now it's kinda like a birthmark even if it's a scar - would we think of her as the same character with a different scar?

Nika's fight scar looks odd, but more believable, and was developed at a similar time, so I'm just going to assume Ocean wanted it to look a certain way. In some angles, it looks like it's meant to have stitches, suggesting it is recent (which might be why she has Inessa as a bodyguard):

View attachment 3441012
Hi, can you share the image without text? :D

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
By the way, I was thinking that theoretically we could see Marla in the past (Wiab)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And not only her; Nojiko and Amber are there too... It's difficult to say how big is the time gap between WIAB and SG, but Amber is a late teen probably in WIAB.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes