Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
a job you get payed if you work these devs are getting payed rather they work or not devs go sometimes 6 months to a year without a single update
You do understand that renders of high quality, to the degree of Oceans anyways, take hours to finish right? These aren't 1 model assets with nothing in the background and SNES levels of lighting. That also doesn't include script writing, animations, coding and bug testing. Then you get in to having to buy bigger and better rigs to cut down on render times or hiring other people to work on the game as well which, surprise, costs money since you're now paying a staff.

So yeah, a typical update cycle for a AVN/VN like this is 6-8 months, or sometimes longer if something happens. It is what it is unless you're going to have 6 rigs rendering at the same time but that opens a whole new host of issues/costs.

I can concede that some devs take a long time for little to show for it after a 6 month update cycle. But then again, they most likely don't do it full time nor to the same quality.

Ummm actually people can become a patreon and get the game there,and then cancel the subscription.
True. But some people are super picky about having games on their steam account. I was like that at one point. A game was cheaper on EGS, but I wanted all my stuff on my steam account so I would buy it there instead.

imthechad

Oct 6, 2022
Double payment? I call absolute BS on that statement.

Why? You assume people are somehow forced to purchase multiple copies of SG from different platforms ("double payment"). That's like claiming your grocery purchasing is a scam because food is sold in more than one supermarket.

From what I gather, Ocean will make a more risque version of the season available on Patreon. People should be thanking him for that, NOT calling him a scammer. What do you want? The Steam version available on Patreon as well?
well the double payment is the steam version with no lewd content and then the patreon version with lewd content so thats what most people will do buy both or buy one rather you want to see boobs and asses or not. thats the scam having two versions vs one, it's kinda like teasing players with the steam version just to get them to sub for patreon and SS to get the lewd version. you get double payment if not money in the long run if they keep their sub on patreon and SS.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
well the double payment is the steam version with no lewd content and then the patreon version with lewd content so thats what most people will do buy both or buy one rather you want to see boobs and asses or not. thats the scam having two versions vs one, it's kinda like teasing players with the steam version just to get them to sub for patreon and SS to get the lewd version. you get double payment if not money in the long run if they keep their sub on patreon and SS.
Unless I've misunderstood Season 1 won't have lewd content on either version, and the reason was because of Germany and their ToS or w/e with Steam adult content. Season 2+ will have the lewd content on all platforms, even if it's not able to be bought on steam anymore (in Germany) because it's now rated as A/O. It's all about getting more eyes on the game and a steam version does just that.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
when all you care about is money money money and not integrity or ethics you go down a path that will catch up with you sooner or later and then your left with no bag or respect. many devs have made this mistake making promises they never intended to keep just digging themselves a bigger hole.
i've done that plenty of times give a single 5 or 10 dollars payment , then download the game then cancel the subcription, just to try the game but since i've found this website that hasn't happen in a long time, hehe.
So tell me more about ethics then?

I mean, if we're discussing the ethics of money on a pirate forum....

People are making too much out of it. Unless you are a patron (as some here are), there's no real case for pointing fingers. We're sponging very unethically, not just off the devs, but off the patrons who pay for the VN's we get here. Most here are leaked by patrons. I can point the finger at myself too. If we're going to talk about ethics in the AVN space, there's a pretty massive elephant called this entire forum.

...and here we all are pointing fingers at devs because they have what we want, how dare they! :coffee::whistle: We're all degenerates here.

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
Unless I've misunderstood Season 1 won't have lewd content on either version
Idk, this bit is just confusing.

Apparently there was a post by Ocean that said something about a "Patreon Version" and that post is now deleted (on discord? you can probably find it by searching it up on here and someone mentioning that, besides me) It could be the version that has the scenes which were removed/edited because of the Steam version (and cause of some music shit)

So, idk. Sounds like two versions (or more) People got the old version downloaded and saved (with the dark path) some others will have the reworked stuff with all the scenes (showing the asses, pussy, boobs whatever the fuck else, old music etc) and then the Steam version, which is the bullshizzes version.

Take your pick

Reactions: vireker

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022

People are making too much out of it. Unless you are a patron (as some here are), there's no real case for pointing fingers. We're sponging very unethically, not just off the devs, but off the patrons who pay for the VN's we get here. Most here are leaked by patrons. I can point the finger at myself too. If we're going to talk about ethics in the AVN space, there's a pretty massive elephant called this entire forum.

...and here we all are pointing fingers at devs because they have what we want, how dare they! :coffee::whistle: We're all degenerates here.
9cec5cd710e7a4703d00ed9be48bdadb.gif

But yeah. At the end of the day the dev just wants to make money off their hard work. As any one of us would want to for something we put a ton of time in to.

imthechad

Oct 6, 2022
Unless I've misunderstood Season 1 won't have lewd content on either version, and the reason was because of Germany and their ToS or w/e with Steam adult content. Season 2+ will have the lewd content on all platforms, even if it's not able to be bought on steam anymore (in Germany) because it's now rated as A/O. It's all about getting more eyes on the game and a steam version does just that.
ok well i might be wrong doesn't matter either way i might buy the steam version just to see what changes have happened since chapter 5 beta but thats about it for me so ocean will get my 10 15 or 20 dollars of steam version hope he enjoys it. like other devs i only support them on steam with every new season or dlc nothing else. and thats only a small few of them right now, that have their games on steam. i learned a long time ago the promises these devs make and don't keep is not worth the trouble. or sould i say giving their word on a certain update will come out. i can't be bothered by that anymore so i pay for something i know i will get in return, not a empty promise.

Reactions: Hanomarkhan

imthechad

Oct 6, 2022

i agree who really is to blame or is anyone at all to blame.are we to blame for downloading a AVN for free .is the patreons that upload the game on this website to blame, or are the devs that allow their game to be uploaded and downloaded on this website to blame. at the end of the day we all get something out of it so who really cares. as long as everyone is happy. when you point one finger at a person you have 3 pointing back at you as they say. so yeah you are right. (y)

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
From what I gather, Ocean will make a more risque version of the season available on Patreon. People should be thanking him for that, NOT calling him a scammer. What do you want? Only the Steam version available on Patreon as well?
Please don´t suggest this again, i´m not sure i will be able to live if i don´t see that lake scene without censorhip...

I see what you are trying to say but i don´t think that is Ocean´s plans, he only wants to release the game first in Steam and try to get more fans/supporters, and of course money, is totally logical.

Apparently there was a post by Ocean that said something about a "Patreon Version" and that post is now deleted (on discord? you can probably find it by searching it up on here and someone mentioning that, besides me) It could be the version that has the scenes which were removed/edited because of the Steam version (and cause of some music shit)

So, idk. Sounds like two versions (or more) People got the old version downloaded and saved (with the dark path) some others will have the reworked stuff with all the scenes (showing the asses, pussy, boobs whatever the fuck else, old music etc) and then the Steam version, which is the bullshizzes version.

Take your pick
The Patreon version is supposed to have only the Nami lake scene topless, if i´m not wrong there will be no more differences.

So only two version since the release will matter:
-Patreon version
-Steam and company version

Old versions inluding the rework unfinished and more no matter anymore.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

So, idk. Sounds like two versions. People got the old version downloaded and saved, some others will have the reworked stuff with all the scenes (showing the asses, pussy, boobs whatever the fuck else, old music etc) and then the Steam version, which is the bullshizzes version.

Take your pick
Yeah, the patreon version apparently has Nami at the lake the way it currently is. It's not a full restored version will all the things - he's not going to restore the pre-wiggly nami, because those are old renders. I highly doubt anyone really wants Jeff lewds, the only one people might want is the jacuzzi, but that would be playing fire - that wasn't just cut for steam, it was cut to avoid losing music licenses, and keeps things simple on patreon. As far as I can tell, the patreon version isn't with all the original lewd scenes, some are just as gone as Summer.

There are other boob scenes - the lake was probably removed because she get's him slightly chubbier than his normal limp. I mean, it it's 16+, it's not because he punches Sai only. Vanessa will still be nude I'm sure. Steam currently has a video with one of the girls undressing.

The post is apparently in the patreon only channels on discord, which is why I can't see the full thread. So not deleted, but move to the appropriate channel. Mortarion posted a screen grab.

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
Damn, and I promised myself a week ago to stay away from this thread until the release.
Why, why is this bullshit only being spread in Ocean's threads? Why do such "special" people in the BaD thread not live too long, but here they feel like bacteria in a Petri dish.

So having Patreon and Steam to distribute the game is a scam, double payment and unethical practice. Good to know.

But I know an even more scammy scheme called the movie industry! This is where the real milkers are!
Just imagine, they release their movies in cinemas, where the poor honest consumer has to pay for a ticket, popcorn and soda to watch the movie only once! You see, just once!
If you want to watch it again, pay again! What about those who can't go to the cinema? They have to wait until the premiere ends and the film becomes available via online services or on DVD. This is where the double, triple, fuck-if-I-know-the-cardinality-of overpayment and no ethics at all.
I believe that it is simply unfair to bully a little old Ocean until the problem with the movies is solved!
EDIT: And I don't even talk about the director's cut version, additional material on dvd, posters and other horns and whistles these milkers use to take money out of our pockets!

imthechad

Oct 6, 2022
and what list is that good sir ? sould we care about the list that we go on, will we ever care about the list you have or that we go on. the world may never know:unsure:

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
i agree who really is to blame or is anyone at all to blame.are we to blame for downloading a AVN for free .is the patreons that upload the game on this website to blame, or are the devs that allow their game to be uploaded and downloaded on this website to blame. at the end of the day we all get something out of it so who really cares. as long as everyone is happy. when you point one finger at a person you have 3 pointing back at you as they say. so yeah you are right. (y)
All good, I mean here we are after all :) I'm going to buy on steam, gog and epic, because I'm okay with that but I'll never sub to someone. Life's too uncertain, and I don't have huge disposable income.

Regards the versions, the steam version is rate 16+ for a reason, not just because Nika punches Sai, or there's guns. Steam has plenty of games with guns with no age restrictions, or punching games. So it's the naughty words and uncovered skin that are driving it there. I'm guessing having a slightly different build for the patreons helps offset that Ocean will release it to them later so not to hurt sales on Steam.

I don't think he intends anyone tob buy or sub everywhere, he's just letting people find ways they get into the game.

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
a job you get payed if you work these devs are getting payed rather they work or not devs go sometimes 6 months to a year without a single update and they are supported the entire time you can't do that on a normal job and people that support them are so faithful and loyal to these devs i almost feel sorry for them that i can only imagine these devs laughing at them because no matter what these devs do or don't what promises they keep or not they will always get support from their fans, it's kinda sad to see but hey it's their money to throw away not mine.
Games don't serve to satisfy basic needs. If people consistently pay a developer for a year without getting updates, then they can afford it. Otherwise they're sitting here whining about why there are no updates. If they're mad about Ocean's decisions but still keep paying him, then they are idiots. No need to feel sorry. They are old enough to be responsible for their money.

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes