imthechad

Oct 6, 2022
I agree with all of this. Tho I will say at the start of playing these games the render quality used to matter more to me. Now I find render quality starting to matter less and less to me as long as im able to enjoy the game for it's characters or story. I still want the render quality looking average not a blurry mess otherwise I have to really like a character or something if the renders are below way average.
to be fair i like way more AVNs with shitty renders and great story and characters than i like awesome renders with average to below average story and characters. a great looking game will not be around for long without story and characters doesn't matter if it looks great or not.

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
to be fair i like way more AVNs with shitty renders and great story and characters than i like awesome renders with average to below average story and characters. a great looking game will not be around for long without story and characters doesn't matter if it looks great or not.
Then you're in for a treat here, a great story with deep, unique characters and superb renders. :KEK:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
So first you're trying to prove that Patrons are furious with Ocean's decisions, but you have nothing to back up your words. So youre simply lying for shitposts here, not really criticising Ocean.
Haven't they told you that lying and twisting other people's words is not good? I told you that I would have no problem sending a bunch of swearing messages. Just first, go talk to the admin and let him give his consent to obscene language in the comments.

The only place where people are satisfied that Ocean deceived them is only on this forum, where his game is advertised. If Ocean took a shit, you would lick his ass and think it was normal. But there are people with a different opinion, they have self-esteem. But you don’t have it, so you can’t understand them.

imthechad

Oct 6, 2022
Haven't they told you that lying and twisting other people's words is not good? I told you that I would have no problem sending a bunch of swearing messages. Just first, go talk to the admin and let him give his consent to obscene language in the comments.

The only place where people are satisfied that Ocean deceived them is only on this forum, where his game is advertised. If Ocean took a shit, you would lick his ass and think it was normal. But there are people with a different opinion, they have self-esteem. But you don’t have it, so you can’t understand them.
the attack on a person with a different opinion is at a all time high on this website, these fans of these developers are something else they will come after you with all the hate in the world if you think ill of their beloved developer, they can't do no wrong in the fans eyes. they say they are working with passion on the game and working hard but we don't see it with how much they put out. i think i see a trend with developers in the beginning they are at full effect proving themselves and gaining a following, but after gaining a following and a couple thousand a month the full effect dies down and they get comfortable. and the fans love these developers so much and their game they are ok with whatever the deveolpers put out even if it's every 6 months to a year. and if you think it's wrong and talk ill of this you are hated, told you are stupid, and that you sould shut up about it and keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself. because this is not a place for peoples opinions at all about AVNs even though it's a forum. :ROFLMAO:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
You gotta change that if you're on the Internet. It really fucks up your mental health if you allow shit randoms type online get to you.

My ignore list consists of 4 people. And I had 5 or 6 on my previous account that I lost access to. I only block unreasonable people who are unwilling to have an actual discussion. When I see someone that is muted I know not to reply or engage with them because it literally is just a waste of time and effort.

EDIT: I've considered muting Joshy92 multiple times but for a different reason. Half his posts consist of some of the most vile and revolting stuff I've ever read on here. Everytime I read one there's a 50% chance of an involuntary gag reflex from me...
Yeah exactly. The two on there I can always see if I feel brave to know what other people are discussing, but effectively I only see people facepalming whenever that user speaks. I think it's the same one for both accounts I blocked. I actually find if someone's willing to discuss something in depth their time and my time are equally valuable. People don't get my attention because they agree with me, but because they're interesting and make me think. There have been a few people that exasperate me that I've thought about ignoring, but their opinions are well thought out.

The ones who are pure troll, they're no interested in a discussion for the merits, they're just after their dopamine from upsetting others I refuse to feed their kink (well in those two cases at least:sneaky:)

And let them earn or not earn their money in peace. Honestly, I don't give a shit about games and developers that don't interest me.

I only care about games that I like. Like SG.

If Ocean says that he needs more advanced hardware to make this game better, I see no reason not to trust him. Because I see the results of his previous efforts and I damn well like them. And the fact that he invests a significant part of his income in the game (new hardware, new music, new 3d assets, e.t.c) gives me nothing but approval.

And no, I don't agree that it's all about the plot and characters, it's about the composition of all aspects of the game. It’s for a reason that AVN contains the letter "V", otherwise why even bother with this format of a novel. A good story with ugly renders may attract readers since people read books anyway, but it doesn't stand a chance against a good story combined with great renders.
Out of reacts, this is worth gold. I raise my coffee cup to you good sir!

I don't care about investment or the tools. No one sees the tools but the product. No one sees the investment in gear etc. All we see are the end renders. I trust OCean to make the game in ways that are sustainable. If he can't sustain it, I loose a cool game that I enjoy. If he does what he needs, I get the game as it's available. It's really not as complicated as the doomsayers want it to be.

I can drink coffee or wine in the mean time, I have a big pile of actual books, more games on steam I haven't played but own... I mean, what's patience but a survivial skil right? I'd rather find out what happens next than prophesy the end of all AVN's in the AVNocalypse of doom.

Current status of SG: Ocean is making renders for season 2 Ch1 while biting his nails over how long it takes a steam review to actually play the game, because there's too much content for them to deal with it quickly. I can wait, partially because I have no choice, and shouting about things I can't control just makes me go hoarse.

Style and look is part of a good story. How something is said is part of what is said as well. The whole package.

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
I agree with all of this. Tho I will say at the start of playing these games the render quality used to matter more to me. Now I find render quality starting to matter less and less to me as long as im able to enjoy the game for it's characters or story. I still want the render quality looking average not a blurry mess otherwise I have to really like a character or something if the renders are below way average.
I want to be that typical guy who always says that the main thing in art is what it tells and not how it looks. But in this particular case, I won't be that guy. The visuals are key here because they create the mood that is so important (at least to me) in this game.

All the cool scenes are mainly so memorable because of how they look and are directed. The same goes for some of the character designs. It's a big part of why I'm so obsessed with Vanessa for example. I mean, once she shows up in chapter 4 I was like "Zara, I have so much to tell you-- HOT DAMN! What a snake, what a magnificent witch. Allow me to introduce myself." I can't imagine the same reaction if not the rework (saw her old render with Bella). Same goes for Leia in WiAB probably, no idea how she looked before.

The visuals in SG are too crucial. It's not just about the quality of the renders and models and emotions they show, but also the style. That's like saying Refn's style doesn't play a significant role in the Drive. Or the Watchmen movie adaptation would have been just as good without Snyder.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Obviously, they didn't tell you either, amigo :whistle:
Whose words have I twisted? Maybe I was lying when I said that Ocean was called a milkman? So on this site they also called him that, like other developers who constantly come up with different excuses. Or maybe I lied about the negative comments? There are plenty of them here too, go to the “reviews” section and see everything for yourself. On this site, people get attacked by ocean's defenders if they think your comment is negative... or is that also not true?

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I want to be that typical guy who always says that the main thing in art is what it tells and not how it looks. But in this particular case, I won't be that guy. The visuals are key here because they create the mood that is so important (at least to me) in this game.

All the cool scenes are mainly so memorable because of how they look and are directed. The same goes for some of the character designs. It's a big part of why I'm so obsessed with Vanessa for example. I mean, once she shows up in chapter 4 I was like "Zara, I have so much to tell you-- HOT DAMN! What a snake, what a magnificent witch. Allow me to introduce myself." I can't imagine the same reaction if not the rework (saw her old render with Bella). Same goes for Leia in WiAB probably, no idea how she looked before.

The visuals in SG are too crucial. It's not just about the quality of the renders and models and emotions they show, but also the style. That's like saying Refn's style doesn't play a significant role in the Drive. Or the Watchmen movie adaptation would have been just as good without Snyder.
oh for sure this game is the exception to the rule where high quality visuals actually matter. For example the Bella cinematics tell a subtle story , which is why I like Bella so much right now. Hell i've seen some other games where the dev is fantastic at showing facial expressions where that shows so much story. Granted alot of that is up to our own personal interpretation as well, but player interpretation is an important aspect to the storytelling / characters in AVN's imo. That interpretation i was talking about, is also part of Ocean's high quality visuals. For example I dont see Vanessa the same way as you do, I see her as some stuck up rich girl that I want to get as far away as possible the first time I saw her on the screen , as she just screams bad news.

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
oh for sure this game is the exception to the rule where high quality visuals actually matter. For example the Bella cinematics tell a subtle story , which is why I like Bella so much right now. Hell i've seen some other games where the dev is fantastic at showing facial expressions where that shows so much story. Granted alot of that is up to our own personal interpretation as well, but player interpretation is an important aspect to the storytelling / characters in AVN's imo. That interpretation i was talking about, is also part of Ocean's high quality visuals. For example I dont see Vanessa the same way as you do, I see her as some stuck up rich girl that I want to get as far away as possible the first time I saw her on the screen , as she just screams bad news.
I expressed myself too vaguely. The stuck-up rich girl is more about her old model, but it's the new model that keeps this dangerous vibe around her. The point was that her old model didn't fit her image that Ocean was intentionally creating in Chapter 4. The other example is Nami. I don't like her old model, she looked very typical for AVN. But from her new model I can see that she kinda hasn't grown up and likes to fool around. Bella's pretty much didn't change. In both cases you can tell by the look of her that she's a troublemaker.

Last edited:

Emogir

Aug 23, 2019
Okay wait, when it says "no sex", does it mean like *at all* or just no vaginal/anal penetration? 9 gigs for a game that doesn't have a single sex scene, even when it is apparently planned, seems insane to me

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Okay wait, when it says "no sex", does it mean like *at all* or just no vaginal/anal penetration? 9 gigs for a game that doesn't have a single sex scene, even when it is apparently planned, seems insane to me
it's called slow burn not every game needs sex right away, which is my preference tbh as I like to get to know the characters first. But Season 2 will have sex.

Reactions: Don Sucio

Emogir

Aug 23, 2019
it's called slow burn not every game needs sex right away, which is my preference tbh as I like to get to know the characters first. But Season 2 will have sex.
Sure, that's why I'm asking. I'm okay with waiting for the actual sex, but at some point it stops being just a slow burn if there is literally nothing

Reactions: jungmonk

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Sure, that's why I'm asking. I'm okay with waiting for the actual sex, but at some point it stops being just a slow burn if there is literally nothing
If you want lewds my guess is you have to wait for about 1,5-2 years, maaaaaybe something like a handjob a bit earlier, but so far Nika doesnt even want to get a boner out of guilty conscience or something close to it.

If its very important for you i would just wait until you play this, if no you should play it.

Reactions: jungmonk

Emogir

Aug 23, 2019
If you want lewds my guess is you have to wait for about 1,5-2 years, maaaaaybe something like a handjob a bit earlier, but so far Nika doesnt even want to get a boner out of guilty conscience or something close to it.

If its very important for you i would just wait until you play this, if no you should play it.
Ah okay, thanks for the answer :)

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
depends on your point of view, as long as there is romance and character building especially if there is a trauma or story reason behind a slow burn it never really stops being slow burn to me honestly. As I don't need sex as a reward for the slow burn or to enjoy these games. To me the reward of a slow burn is getting to know the characters and having alot of wholesome and romantic moments.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
the attack on a person with a different opinion is at a all time high on this website, these fans of these developers are something else they will come after you with all the hate in the world if you think ill of their beloved developer, they can't do no wrong in the fans eyes. they say they are working with passion on the game and working hard but we don't see it with how much they put out. i think i see a trend with developers in the beginning they are at full effect proving themselves and gaining a following, but after gaining a following and a couple thousand a month the full effect dies down and they get comfortable. and the fans love these developers so much and their game they are ok with whatever the deveolpers put out even if it's every 6 months to a year. and if you think it's wrong and talk ill of this you are hated, told you are stupid, and that you sould shut up about it and keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself. because this is not a place for peoples opinions at all about AVNs even though it's a forum. :ROFLMAO:
You are welcome for your opinions/point-of-view, but be prepared to back them up and don't lie or make unsubstantiated accusations.

More importantly, don't "cry" if some of your opinions get called out for being unsubstantiated.

i think i see a trend with developers in the beginning they are at full effect proving themselves and gaining a following, but after gaining a following and a couple thousand a month the full effect dies down and they get comfortable.
Prove it!!!!!! That's such a wide and sweeping accusation against so many that I know you can't prove it. Even if you could substantiate it against one developer, that doesn't mean such a judgement then automatically applies to other developers.

The development cycle of AVNs with complex story arcs and above average visuals has increased over the last several years, that part is true. Opining that it is because they are all milkers who have got "comfortable" is pure fantasy. You see an effect but don't understand enough about the causes.

Go to this thread:

https://f95zone.to/threads/sg-off-topic-discussion.112868/post-7853430

Look at the SG Table in the opening post, which examines the development cycle of SG.

Now, please explain to me how the data in this table corresponds with your statement, "with developers in the beginning they are at full effect proving themselves and gaining a following, but after gaining a following and a couple thousand a month the full effect dies down and they get comfortable."

SG has had a longer-than-average development cycle from the beginning. Ocean didn't get "comfortable."

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes