RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Nothing happened man, just the silence.
It´s just after yesterday discussion with so many replies today this feels empty :)
Let's just keep it this way. One of the reasons I mostly post on this thread is because it moves at a near perfect speed to discuss whatever subjects. There are threads that become deserts for weeks and threads (or thread) that moves 15 pages in the 30 seconds you take to reply to someone :ROFLMAO:

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
I see this too. I can’t speak for all developers, but the ones I watch do this. I am interested in 3 developers, 2 of them I support: DPC, NLT, Ocean and each of them does this. For example, DPC decided to make a video at 60 fps. With this, he simply decided to stretch out the time and do nothing and receive money from his patreons for this. NLT completed its game last year, and now it is stalling for time, releasing riddles and all sorts of pictures once a month that are of little interest to anyone.
Ocean constantly needs money for new video cards, but at the same time his rendering speed does not increase, but rather decreases. For example, Ocean made Chapter 5 using 2x3090 and 2xA6000, and at the same time, his work speed was less than when he made Chapter 3.5 using only 2x3090. In addition, he releases empty chapters in which there is no more than 10% of the plot, and the remaining 90% are conversations that make no sense. DPC also has conversations that make no sense, but there are fewer of them and they are not as noticeable, because he makes chapters 3 times longer than SG.
I was once a patreon of Ocean, but quit after he started the rework thing. Devs are people too, they can get lazy, can get scummy. We have lo live with it, if we like their work.

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
This part right there is why this dude will NEVER finish this project without a rushed end, but most importantly, why his dev cycles will never get shorter no matter how many heavy duty cards he adds to his station.

You can eat all the "rework is done guys, yay" bullshit and keep paying him, but devs like him will always have an excuse to keep the milking machine going longer, could be "bigger update cycles", 60 fps animations, High tech AAA games UI's, maybe even giving music producers a handjob in the studio for "new amazing songs this season". I've seen it too many times to be a believer... Hell, 90% of the cast are now a mutant version of themself already and the game is not even 20% done yet.

I like the story, don't get me wrong, but I'm glad I jumped ship long time ago and with this post I hope some here will start thinking with their heads instead of the blue-balled dicks.

(not even gonna weight in the fact that this guy has another game in developing with the same exact symptoms)

Red flags all day.
I am looking forward to as much Summers Gone as Ocean wants to give us.

I'm happy to support him with my $ and my time.

As I have said before - Ocean is The Most Ambitious dev I currently support.

I am looking forward to the new UI, the phone, and anything else he chooses to add that will make for a more immersive experience.

This will take time and money - just like upgrading hardware does/will - all to be able to create better imagery and animations while adding to immersion.

I have a music playlist of great songs courtesy of Ocean and I can literally enjoy SG while traveling for work by listening to that playlist.

BTW - I Am thinking with my head and enjoying SG all the way - No red flags for me (and as an adult, I don't consider supporting Ocean with my $ as milking).

You are, OC, welcome to categorize how other adults spend their money as milking all you want...

I'm just not buying into your 'Got Milk' advertising.

Here's to more Summers Gone!

Cheers!! :coffee:

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
I have heard some times this alternative, but Onlyfans is a site of photos and videos, i don´t know if it will be possible for the site to have many Gb of game. And i´m not sure if you can download archives there,or even if you can upload archives...
Sure, if Onlyfans make what is necessary for host this games could be an option but right now i don´t think it would be a valid option.
I think OF has potential:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I think OF has potential:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's a big job if you do something like what you're proposing. And let's be honest, OF would get more money from Amouranth alone than from the sum of the top 100 adult devs on patreon.

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
It's a big job if you do something like what you're proposing. And let's be honest, OF would get more money from Amouranth alone than from the sum of the top 100 adult devs on patreon.
I recognize that this option is not the kind of low hanging fruit OF would be happy to find.

It would, however grow their business base and they could actually do adverts on F95 to attract devs who want to ditch Patreon but lack a suitable alternative.

Selfishly, I want devs to have a place to land before Patreon pushes them off a cliff.

Devs who are confident that their finances are not in constant jeopardy tend to be more creative and can reasonably focus on shorter dev cycles.

I've never even checked out OF - not my thing (I prefer great story telling like SG versus OF's current offerings).

My thoughts were more akin to 'back of the napkin' musings at a bar...

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I recognize that this option is not the kind of low hanging fruit OF would be happy to find.

It would, however grow their business base and they could actually do adverts on F95 to attract devs who want to ditch Patreon but lack a suitable alternative.

Selfishly, I want devs to have a place to land before Patreon pushes them off a cliff.

Devs who are confident that their finances are not in constant jeopardy tend to be more creative and can reasonably focus on shorter dev cycles.

I've never even checked out OF - not my thing (I prefer great story telling like SG versus OF's current offerings).

My thoughts were more akin to 'back of the napkin' musings at a bar...

I understand, but when you dream you always dream of your own means, when that dream involves risking other people's means, you have to be a bit more realistic. OF is an option for devs, but it is an expensive option, it has the advantage that it is reliable in every sense, people are not afraid to leave their data in OF, as they seem to be for SS.

And maybe, if a dev (wink wink) takes a risk and gets good results, it's the next place to go.

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
I understand, but when you dream you always dream of your own means, when that dream involves risking other people's means, you have to be a bit more realistic. OF is an option for devs, but it is an expensive option, it has the advantage that it is reliable in every sense, people are not afraid to leave their data in OF, as they seem to be for SS.

And maybe, if a dev (wink wink) takes a risk and gets good results, it's the next place to go.
As I said - I've not checked out OF so... I have no idea how expensive/inexpensive carving out a niche on OF would be.

It would ultimately be just like any other investment - can OF, as a business, justify the expense for a rate of return that is equal to or greater than other investment opportunities?

If that is not the case now, what is the tipping point?

What can they 'charge' devs and visitors (if we go with the portal idea) where they can get the needed ROI and still provide the devs with a new home where costs are = or < than those of Patreon, for example.

I simply used OF as an example given that they have existing infrastructure and digital security.

Again, this was more a case of 'back of the napkin' musings in a bar versus a group proposal to develop a business case for one's final project prior to earning an MBA.

Reactions: Sleepy666

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
So no news from discord ? ( Do not start a f-in fight over my damn question )

To the guy that updates us on what Ocean says in Discord, thank you you're a hero in my book.
I've only got public access - I can't see the patreon only channels. Nothing there but people arguing if Marla or Damian are actually Summer in disguise to annoy the people reviving the Summer is Sasha theory. Nothing piblic from Ocean, still waiting for Steam's response.

So basically the same as here, everyone's just hanging around waiting and coming up with theories.

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
What happens if Steam rejects SG?

A couple of months delay as Ocean reworks it again or does he throw his hands up in the air and give up?

It's been what 8 or nine working days so far?

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
What happens if Steam rejects SG?

A couple of months delay as Ocean reworks it again or does he throw his hands up in the air and give up?

It's been what 8 or nine working days so far?
The worst thing that can happen is that they classify SG as +18 only adults content, which can't happen because there is no penetration. So a "bad" news would be +18, so it could not offer it in all countries and Epic would be in suspense, GoG is similar to Steam so it could also launch it there with restriction of countries.

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes