mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
There's quite a lot of them, but we aren't allowed to discuss other games in this thread. Here and here is where you can get at least a few suggestions on this topic.

Back to our on-topic conversation, I'm not saying Ocean won't get his shit together and deliver us a masterpiece of a story, cuz, considering what a perfectionist and hard worker he is, that's exactly what I'm expecting him to do, I'm just saying that so far, the story's pretty disappointing and most of the MC's petty, petulant anger outbursts make him sound like a butthurt dork pissed for being a loser and blaming other ppl for his mistakes and stupidity. It's ridiculous.

Hearing him spout his hentai villain bullshit, you'd think the guy came home from WWII with some serious PTSD from all the disturbing shit he saw there, when in reality he's just an introverted idiot living in his own world who played too many PC games for his own good lol. The guy not being able to get a damn erection with all those attractive girls throwing themselves at him is hilarious, cuz I was 98% sure he couldn't get one before it was stated in the story, a thing that was pretty obvious, so except the top-notch visuals and female characters, there's not much worth praising so far, and I DO hope this will change in the next updates.
Nika is a something of an edgelord especially when he’s plotting some “evil” scheme but it’s not as bad as you make it to be. He got much better from the start and it all came down to positive character development which is the point of SG. Keep in mind the love of his life died when he was young which made him very impressionable at the time. His depressive dialogue and how it drowns his thoughts (more like drowned, he is healthier now in chapter 5) serve to show how deep his depression is.
I´m not going to lie, i would like to have some "fight" in the game as Nika because a man is trying to get near to the girls or something, maybe not with loyal girls but maybe with some girls with slut personality,it would be spicy :p

Imagine some npc trying to be in Nami´s panties, we could try to evite this being in a relationship with her or just trash talking about the dude and try to change Nami perspective about him. There was a scene where Nami is talking with a guy in the school exit and Nika seems jelous :unsure:

I don´t know i just love drama.
I’m on board with you, I enjoy confrontation for the sake of a LI. It makes things more exciting and winning the girl over more satisfying. It also reminds me male characters exist.

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
Nika is a something of an edgelord especially when he’s plotting some “evil” scheme but it’s not as bad as you make it to be.

He got much better from the start and it all came down to positive character development which is the point of SG.

Keep in mind the love of his life died when he was young which made him very impressionable at the time. His depressive dialogue and how it drowns his thoughts (more like drowned, he is healthier now in chapter 5) serve to show how deep his depression is.

I enjoy confrontation for the sake of a LI.
I wish it was more "evil"

Being able to tell Vic's sister to shut the fuck up was awesome (got changed in rework if i remember right)

That's the point of SG? lots of games with that point, if true.

Summer died? like, this is known info? I could have sworn no one knew what happened with her. Well, if she's dead then, Summer is definitely Gone, Gone Gone....

(Nsync - bye bye bye)

And I enjoyed that. That type of dialogue, fuck you type choices, thoughts being drowned etc. Depression isn't so easy to get over. Not like how it plays out in this game. I guess it's different for everyone and how bad your depression is, bleh blah.

Bleh, the same o "knight to the rescue, hit that pussy afterwards" I wonder if there would ever be a knight that doesn't lay the rescue. They just disappear into the night forever being the hero of mystery... or some shit.

Many things you enjoy have been done countless of times. That's why I enjoyed the old version, it was different (to me) I know, I repeat myself, it's only to show how much I enjoyed it.

I would enjoy fighting most the dudes in the game just cause. You shouldn't need to do it for a LI to enjoy some confrontation. What if they hit you, talk shit in your face etc, you won't enjoy fighting them because it isn't for a LI?

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
I wish it was more "evil"

Being able to tell Vic's sister to shut the fuck up was awesome (got changed in rework if i remember right)

That's the point of SG? lots of games with that point, if true.

Summer died? like, this is known info? I could have sworn no one knew what happened with her. Well, if she's dead then, Summer is definitely Gone, Gone Gone....

(Nsync - bye bye bye)

And I enjoyed that. That type of dialogue, fuck you type choices, thoughts being drowned etc. Depression isn't so easy to get over. Not like how it plays out in this game. I guess it's different for everyone and how bad your depression is, bleh blah.

Bleh, the same o "knight to the rescue, hit that pussy afterwards" I wonder if there would ever be a knight that doesn't lay the rescue. They just disappear into the night forever being the hero of mystery... or some shit.

Many things you enjoy have been done countless of times. That's why I enjoyed the old version, it was different (to me) I know, I repeat myself, it's only to show how much I enjoyed it.

I would enjoy fighting most the dudes in the game just cause. You shouldn't need to do it for a LI to enjoy some confrontation. What if they hit you, talk shit in your face etc, you won't enjoy fighting them because it isn't for a LI?
:FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm:

…Yes, Nika’s positive development is the main point of SG. Not as much can be said for all the AVNs I’ve played or not to the same degree of importance.

No, we don’t know a 100% if Summer is dead but everybody who knew her including Nika reacts like she’s effectively dead.

No, his depression isn’t over yet, it’s just lesser than before.

It doesn’t matter if this kind of story has been done already, it doesn’t detract from the fact that people enjoy it and the protagonist. You just happen to not like them as much for the reasons you say.

Of course I would want to fight back if someone threatened Nika even if it wasn’t for a LI or attack some annoying dude. What kind of question is that? :rolleyes:

You’re just being nitpicky at this point. What are you even trying to say?

Last edited:

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
No, we don’t know a 100% if Summer is dead but everybody who knew her including Nika reacts like she’s effectively dead.
After the dream sequence, when he wakes up, doesn't he monologue about how he'd give anything to get some closure on what happened to her?

That and a couple of other dialogues (the ones with Nia, I think) suggest that they probably don't know what happened to her. Or she went missing. Same difference.

I'd give screenshots but I don't have it downloaded right now

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
People who’ve lost something precious and lost hope can easily relate with Nika. That’s why the story is so compelling. We all want to see him bloom and enjoy life again after losing his love.
Summer is integral to the story precisely for that. Nika is at a better place now than he was at the start but his past life is still holding him down. He’s slowly overcoming that and accepting that it’s worth to give people a chance and he deserves a chance at life too.
I like the soundtrack because it portrays his internal struggle well. It’s upbeat and tries to stay positive while being melancholic at the same time.
i can relate to ppl who have experience lost, but when it comes to SG i still havent seen anything worth while. to me this is still a game lesser AVN without the sex. Nika is not likable at all, season one is about to end and if it ends with no indication of what happened to summer im probably going to drop this all together(no real loss i know) because this game should be renamed "the search for a boner".

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
i can relate to ppl who have experience lost, but when it comes to SG i still havent seen anything worth while. to me this is still a game lesser AVN without the sex. Nika is not likable at all, season one is about to end and if it ends with no indication of what happened to summer im probably going to drop this all together(no real loss i know) because this game should be renamed "the search for a boner".
We'll all sleep better now knowing your thoughts.

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
A story doesn't need a likable protagonist, only an interesting or relatable one.
Also, I got a better title for you.
CMJkb1713733341.jpg

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
A story doesn't need a likable protagonist, only an interesting or relatable one.
Also, I got a better title for you.
View attachment 3562570
Nika is neither likable or relatable. he is all cool collected sigma male and a bitch made depressed having panic attacks loser at the same time. if that's relatable to you or good to you then good for you, but lets be for real about him. he story isnt even that interesting.

Last edited:

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
There is very little in the way of major plot holes - the biggest of which, IMHO, is the MC/Nami relationship. That relationship needs to either go all in (i.e. be clearly stated as originally intended, meaning goodbye Steam and goodbye Patreon) or unambiguously redefined away from the original intent. Otherwise, certain aspects of the plot and dialogue don't make sense in the official version of the game. For anyone saying that the MC and Nami HAVE to be blood-related for dialogues relating to a taboo relationship to work, I say, Nah! They have been under Nojiko's care since they were small children. Get the surnames right (i.e. the MC and Nami sharing Nojiko's surname) and make some minor changes to dialogue, and society would still view them as "brother" and "sister" because that's how they've been brought up (a one parent, two children family). This way, a relationship could still be viewed as taboo but not be illegal.
Like I said before, it's better to just remove all references to Nami and Nika being siblings or roommates, but still treat their relationship as taboo and let the players think for themself.
here is another one

Where it All Began is better than Summers Gone
Nice try.
lmao i just realized something. i dislike NIka for the same reasons i dislike shinji from Evangelion. both of them are depressed and annoying.
I see that you've never experienced a real depression.

Last edited:

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Keep in mind the love of his life died when he was young which made him very impressionable at the time.
I don't know where you got that information from or IF it's something Ocean himself confirmed, but I think you wrong about that. Even the story and the MC's incessant whining about her don't make it sound like Summer's Gone for good, so I'll only believe this if you can please quote Ocean where he said that, if not, I'll think of it as pure speculation and nothing more.

He got much better from the start and it all came down to positive character development which is the point of SG.
He did get much better than he was in the first 2 Chs, but that still don't make him a likable character, not to me at least, and when I mentioned his over-the-top ridiculous attitude, I wanted to point out this very fact. It's like claiming a serial killer that talked nice to a few ppl and gave a few kids some sweets suddenly became a good person. It's ridiculous, AND our guy has had his fair share of dark thoughts and plans of revenge. Don't know if it's still in the game or not, it's been some time since I last played it, but in the 1st Ch he even threatens his teacher with her gun and acts like Vic's accident was something trivial, a pain in his ass. Excuse me for not being more sympathetic toward this self-made introverted lunatic, but I hate his type of ppl IRL too, so yeah, we have different takes on his character.

Let's just agree to disagree on this and see how future updates will impact his character development.

I’m on board with you, I enjoy confrontation for the sake of a LI. It makes things more exciting and winning the girl over more satisfying. It also reminds me male characters exist.
Yeah, it's one of the few things I actually appreciate about this MC... the fact that he ain't a pussy and is willing to stand up for his sister and not let her become a random idiot's human fleshlight.

I don't think there's any proof or official statement from Ocean on this topic, that's also the premise of the story, so I don't think there will be any any time soon, given the slow release schedule.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
As far as Summer goes you have only one reference to her family. What is the families stance are they gone or still there looking for their lil girl. If they were still there I think they wouldn't give Nika one moment of peace. so they must be gone. What you think

Reactions: Don Sucio
4.40 star(s) 493 Votes