artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
Once upon a time this game was good now its just a borefest, the story is going literally nowhere and the dev keeps introducing pointless new characters every update when already established characters are no where to be seen. Its becoming obvious that he is milking this game with a bunch of filler content at this point, the story has lost its direction and I think ocean is aware of that.
It's about time to scrap everything and start again tbh. Wouldn't be the first time... or the second... or the third...

codex35

Jan 10, 2019
Seriously disappointed that there is no new content (any info what's next, WiAB or SG?), just the rework of the already existing one. And no Nami titties at the lake is also disappointing.
dude how can you disappointed ? Ocean has been saying for months that there will be no new content (for season 2)
I think 2100 new render is not "new content" for you

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
but I get that the level of noise is high :coffee::whistle:
You say it - 35 pages full of nonsense after release of compressed version here within 3 days is a heavy load. :ROFLMAO:
Who is reading this? o_O

No wonder the really important postings going lost.

But thanks for your patience :love:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
About the holgerson gala

With the new information that Zoey will be around during the holgerson gala and having a good relationship with Bella ..

Do you guys think Zoey will approach Nika? Katie obviously knows about him so Zoey probably does too?

Would lead to another surprise pikachu face for Bella, first Elsa, now Zoey.

I kinda like these interactions.

The opposite are interactions with Ayua or Sasha who always make me feel like they know more about Nika than he does himself (these are fun too tho).

Last edited:

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
Why is this nonsense? This is the custom on Patreon; everyone who makes reworks is called milkmaids. People on Patreon have already encountered developers who constantly postpone the release of new chapters due to reworks. Such dishonest developers only took money, but did not develop their games, so they began to be called milkmen. Doesn't remind you of anything? Ocean's plot has been stagnant without development for several years now, so people stop believing him. They have every right to do so.:cry:
i was supporting a developer a while back and for a year and i got tired of him making excuses about he had another job and he didn't have time due to his family this and that then to being sick in the hospital so i said to myself if this developer has all these problems going on in his life why take our money and delay the next update why can't he put a hold on our payments so i stopped supporting him i felt cheated. and this has been happening to many developers with their excuses, time is money my money means something to me but more important my time i refuse to waste it on a developer that just cares about money not his fans.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
With the new information that Zoey will be around during the holgerson gala and having a good relationship with Bella ..

Do you guys think Zoey will approach Nika? Katie obviously knows about him so Zoey probably does too?

Would lead to another surprise pikachu face for Bella, first Elsa, now Zoey.

I kinda like these interactions.

The opposite are interactions with Ayua or Sasha who always make me feel like they know more about Nika than he does himself (these are fun too tho).
Spoiler alert! Edit and hide such words as a courtesy :cool:

We don't know if Katie and Zoey are still together. Stefan's wife is a recluse in the game, but we don't know any of their family's dynamics - I assumed the 'paper business was a newspaper - maybe the Holgersons own the media company Nicole works for now? I know these are tangents, just throwing it out there. Back to Katie, we don't know if she decided to stay with Zoey, or find someone to settle down and have a family with. Sash'a redhaired friend could even be Katie's. If they are together, I'll assume Bella will get Nika to the Gala, Zoey might spill secrets that Katie keeps close, so it is interesting. ANd the snake survived in WOllust by the looks of it, which means Willi at least goes back to get Gefritzel of Daphnee, so maybe she's also in Wollust, unless her married name became Cyrus... Sorry for being all over with the theories, haven't finished the new playthrough and absorbed it all yet.

Edit: and yes the new interactions are both intruiguing and quite revealing ...and they support pretty much every suspicion available because they still give nothing away :sneaky:

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I delete everything(game folder, appdata renpy files) and start newly steam release. I am playing on w11 and how can i share traceback log.
For games on Steam:

Logfiles:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs

Crashdumps:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\dumps

I won't be any help once you post the log but others more savvy with the 'what' the logfile/crashdump is really telling you may be able to comment.

GL!

Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: turbojoe

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Could this have something to do with the fact that the first season was intended as a prologue focused on relationship building and there was no sex planned there from the beginning? Could it be similar question to why the MC from one game, in the thread of which you participate (let's call him Ed) still hasn't fucked one of the main characters (let's call her Elsa?) :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
Oh more whataboutisms... yay

People don't read answers from two posts above their questions and you ask us to go checking what you wrote 60 PAGES back? I am out, I have to deal with enough people like that at work.
True, but he was just being pedantic, so I returned the favor in kind.

Damn I need to replay 4.5... I don't remember the dialogues being sooo bad in the earlier chapters, I wonder if he changed stuff or if I just forgot about it... strangely enough they get somewhat better starting with ch3.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
In my playthrough of CH 2, I noticed a few things:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for the perspective. I went back and replayed a couple of scenes before continuing my first playthough on that path.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Oh more whataboutisms... yay

True, but he was just being pedantic, so I returned the favor in kind.

Damn I need to replay 4.5... I don't remember the dialogues being sooo bad in the earlier chapters, I wonder if he changed stuff or if I just forgot about it... strangely enough they get somewhat better starting with ch3.
On a reset: If you really want cringe, play the ch 2 version, which people hype for trenchcoat style Nika. 4.5 is much better, and 5 is better again. The only thing I miss from earlier is the immediacy and abruptness of the pacing. In some cases I feel like earlier some of the pacing of dialogue actually felt more conversational rather than the current feeling like everything is a monologue. Swearing was also far more fluid. Content of the dialogue was pretty poor - so in some ways, better pacing, better grammar, but worse writing.

Thanks for the perspective. I went back and replayed a couple of scenes before continuing my first playthough on that path.

Some really nice observations. For the first point, Ocean does have two channels on his discord for bug reports and grammar reports. As he'll be patching in some of the lewds that were cut, anyone who feels OCD about grammar AND has energy can help us all by going there. Regards your spoilery points I hadn't seen the conspiracy that way, but yeah, it makes sense. I also wonder if Marla needs the shared therapy session with Nika for a different reason than because he was at Vic's accident - surely she'd need a therapy session with Vic instead? AMber and Marla are friends shince before Bella's sister's accident, as Stephanie has known Bella from childhood, so I did think she was doing something in particular, but the potential interactions with Amber ar a great pickup. Noji is also pushing Nika on multiple occassions with semi birds and bees type talk, as well as being a friend of Amber's and trying to hide it. Noji also knows Scarlet and Katie, Katie is part of ZPR, who employ Marla. Interactions at Elena's club whenever that happens will be quite revealling.

I think the big drop was Nika's admission "it wasn't my fault... I had no other choice" when talking in that first session about what happened to Summer, when Amber asks if he blames himself. This heavily implies he performed some action, took some action that had an effect on Summer and why she's gone.

The house rules thing helps, and the conversations help make that whole scenario make sense for people who don't use patches. The scene at the lake and the way Nami hates how Noji is putting the rules in place and making it weird really feels a lot more authentic, but at the same time, the parentage questions feel more obtuse.

On other things that you've played passed, I also noticed that Bella mentions Ayua's looking to move into student housing, and I'm more and more convinced goth bus/pizza girl is Melanie. She's repeated and focused in in in both cases, despite being in the background and not interacting, but she's watching.

Last edited:

Bluee7

Jan 7, 2018
For games on Steam:

Logfiles:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs

Crashdumps:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\dumps

I won't be any help once you post the log but others more savvy with the 'what' the logfile/crashdump is really telling you may be able to comment.

GL!

I found this on game folder log.txt i dunno if it's what are you ask for.

Sun May 12 14:08:49 2024
Windows-10-10.0.22631
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805

Bootstrap to the start of init.init. took 0.02s
Early init. took 0.00s
Loader init. took 0.03s
Loading error handling. took 0.15s
Loading script. took 1.19s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.01s
Loading persistent. took 0.00s
Failed to initialize steam: Exception('Init returned false.')
Set script version to: (8, 1, 3)
Running init code. took 0.21s
Loading analysis data. took 0.03s
Analyze and compile ATL. took 0.02s
Reloading save slot metadata. took 0.01s
Index archives took 0.00s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache. took 0.00s
Making clean stores. took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.17s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
nvdrs: Loaded, about to disable thread optimizations.
nvdrs: Disabled thread optimizations.
Creating interface object. took 0.15s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.17s
Build styles took 0.00s
Load screen analysis took 0.05s
Analyze screens took 0.00s
Save screen analysis took 0.00s
game/Benutzerdefiniert/Phone/Chats/Chat_Mila.rpy:112: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
Prepare screens took 0.11s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.00s
Save bytecode. took 0.00s
Running _start took 0.00s
Performance test:
Interface start. took 0.22s

Initializing gl2 renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 2560, 1440)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
Vendor: "b'NVIDIA Corporation'"
Renderer: b'NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti/PCIe/SSE2'
Version: b'4.6.0 NVIDIA 552.22'
Display Info: None
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(1920, 1080) drawable=(1920, 1080)
Maximum texture size: 4096x4096
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(2560, 1440) drawable=(2560, 1440)
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(1920, 1080) drawable=(1920, 1080)

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Spoiler alert! Edit and hide such words as a courtesy :cool:

We don't know if Katie and Zoey are still together. Stefan's wife is a recluse in the game, but we don't know any of their family's dynamics - I assumed the 'paper business was a newspaper - maybe the Holgersons own the media company Nicole works for now? I know these are tangents, just throwing it out there. Back to Katie, we don't know if she decided to stay with Zoey, or find someone to settle down and have a family with. Sash'a redhaired friend could even be Katie's. If they are together, I'll assume Bella will get Nika to the Gala, Zoey might spill secrets that Katie keeps close, so it is interesting. ANd the snake survived in WOllust by the looks of it, which means Willi at least goes back to get Gefritzel of Daphnee, so maybe she's also in Wollust, unless her married name became Cyrus... Sorry for being all over with the theories, haven't finished the new playthrough and absorbed it all yet.

Edit: and yes the new interactions are both intruiguing and quite revealing ...and they support pretty much every suspicion available because they still give nothing away :sneaky:
I feel like even in case Zoey and Katie broke up, they will still be close and in the same social circle.

It looks like Zoey will create a business with Willy too, so i guess they are still connected.

Even some of the women at the bookclub seem to know some things about Nika which makes it somewhat reasonable to assume that Zoey does too imo.

I don’t think she will give us any of these informations as not even Katie told Nika anything but her reaction could be interresting.

Similar to Katie who barely said anything and it was more about small details like Katie looking proud when Nika argues with Charlie and her conversation with Noji.

And despite the NTR in wiab I still doubt that any main LI will settle down and get kids with anyone else than William.

Did we saw Gefritzel? I missed that, when?

Pretty sure Daphne moved to Wollust anyway (and gave birth to Nami:p), yet I :cry:

Reactions: John972

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Well... cause not enough people dont follow the rule "dont feed the troll" the trolls have won this battle. This thread is dead, not possible to read and write about the game anymore.

Fuck this.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
In my playthrough of CH 2, I noticed a few things:

It kinda mirrors the start of the Nika and Summer relationship too.

Their first interactions were fights/arguing aswell.

It’s the only way of flirting Nika knows, fight and insult the girl until she kisses you :WeSmart: :HideThePain:

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes