Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
On a reset: If you really want cringe, play the ch 2 version, which people hype for trenchcoat style Nika. 4.5 is much better, and 5 is better again. The only thing I miss from earlier is the immediacy and abruptness of the pacing. In some cases I feel like earlier some of the pacing of dialogue actually felt more conversational rather than the current feeling like everything is a monologue. Swearing was also far more fluid. Content of the dialogue was pretty poor - so in some ways, better pacing, better grammar, but worse writing.
I think I played it for the first time when it was ch3 with remakes, or something like that, so I never played those early versions... oh and yeah I noticed a lot of changes between 4.5 and 5, but nah, dialogues were indeed pretty clunky... and I do mean that it is clearly not very well translated... I do find some stuff super cringe, but eh, that's just a taste thing.

Ugh, one thing I wish Ocean (and other devs) would stop doing is using text to describe stuff that he's clearly showing in the renders... like when I dunno, let's say the MC enters a car and you're seeing it, but he still writes "I entered a car"...

Anyways, I'm off for the night, I'll continue my exploration of both versions tomorrow... lots of changes tho, I'm dreading some of the later censored scenes... oh well =/

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
yeah, I have to check but I think the "I had no other choice" admission by Nika is new. He said "it wasn't my fault" in previous versions.

Some of the other things you mentioned I haven't got to yet.

The issue I have with goth bus/pizza girl being Melanie:

1. Melanie attends swanky Jackson & Schwartz College along with Vanessa, Mario Holgerson, and Antony Reus. Zara to Nika: "My sister and her boyfriend go there and you need some serious money to be accepted. Anyways, I dislike a few girls there and I'm planning an act of vengeance. ...Melanie Ceril...she's my main target." I don't think Goth Girl's appearance fits in with that college.

2. Goth girl has been seen in the halls of ZPR - which is not her college.

Nevertheless, Ocean has twice focused on goth girl in the background for some reason and she also appears out of focus in the background other times.

Re: bug/grammar/spelling reports - I am aware of his discord channel. However, I can state categorically that there are errors still in the game that were pointed out there over a year ago.
1. Mila and Nika walked to the cafe, and Vic rolled there, so Mario is also in walking distance of the college with Antony.
2. I'll have to look for her, I don't think I've seen her in the college.

I think I played it for the first time when it was ch3 with remakes, or something like that, so I never played those early versions... oh and yeah I noticed a lot of changes between 4.5 and 5, but nah, dialogues were indeed pretty clunky... and I do mean that it is clearly not very well translated... I do find some stuff super cringe, but eh, that's just a taste thing.

Ugh, one thing I wish Ocean (and other devs) would stop doing is using text to describe stuff that he's clearly showing in the renders... like when I dunno, let's say the MC enters a car and you're seeing it, but he still writes "I entered a car"...

Anyways, I'm off for the night, I'll continue my exploration of both versions tomorrow... lots of changes tho, I'm dreading some of the later censored scenes... oh well =/
Yeah, reinforcing textually what is already clear in the render is annoying, and leads to potential failures. My guess is stuff like that follows from writing the script prior to doing the render.

As far as the old versions go, don't have nightmares of old Bella's smile!

abdje019

Mar 20, 2023
I know that Ocean removed the MC full frontal in the clothing store to try to appease the gods of Steam (at least re: the geoblock in Germany).

I thought he did a good job showing Bella's reaction in this scene.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bella Is interested, even if she still won't admit it to herself... or the MC.

Cheers!! :coffee:
well congratulations for you since he added renders into that scene
whereas Cheeto jacuzzi scene he just pulled renders out and now it's ridiculous now we rely on a mod if it will even get updated

also he complete pulled another good Cheeto scene like Blizzard99 mentioned in post #36,130 mention

John972

Apr 24, 2018
1. Mila and Nika walked to the cafe, and Vic rolled there, so Mario is also in walking distance of the college with Antony.
2. I'll have to look for her, I don't think I've seen her in the college.
OK. here we go... (...and remember what the story says about the nature of Zara and Melanie's interactions in the past - I don't think they'd have a civil conversation or just stare at each other, especially if Melanie wasn't supposed to be there (in the ZPR hallway)):

Last edited:
Reactions: Krytax123

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
well i've just read Sancho Pança comments about the changes here and no problem with any adult content anymore as it is sanitized to PG-013 level now, so from AVN to VN in an update

Reactions: JamesM81

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
OK. here we go... (...and remember what the story says about the nature of Zara and Melanie's interactions in the past - I don't think they'd have a civil conversation or just stare at each other, especially if Melanie wasn't supposed to be there (in the ZPR hallway)):

Really well spotted, and yeah I agree with your reasoning. As she's been highlighted so obviously, and given her complexion, what if she's Ayua's cousin/Leia's daughter? She does seem to be lurking in the same way Sasha and her group lurk, but she seems far more of a lone wolf

Edit: John972 I just reached the pizza shop scene - what if goth girl isn't looking at Nami, but her earring? Imagine if she was Leia's daughter, and saw a stranger wearing that. That'd be wild.

Last edited:
Reactions: John972

Mantioxi

Nov 24, 2020
Tho visuals done by Oceanlab always great, but one thing bothers me. Temperature difference. I don't know what devs use for AVN color grading, is it done in engine or in Lightroom for example, but consistency is key. I can notice kelvin shift right away. One shot is cold another is slightly warmer.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Why is this nonsense? This is the custom on Patreon; everyone who makes reworks is called milkmaids. People on Patreon have already encountered developers who constantly postpone the release of new chapters due to reworks. Such dishonest developers only took money, but did not develop their games, so they began to be called milkmen. Doesn't remind you of anything? Ocean's plot has been stagnant without development for several years now, so people stop believing him. They have every right to do so.:cry:
Only milkers just do remakes and but the one who is providing actual chapters alongside those reworks doesn't fall in the category of those milker (not to me) and Ocean was providing way more renders in the chapters alongside with those rework renders. The story suffer bcz of renders? Absolutely. Will hope of season 2 not to be repeat of season 1.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Really well spotted, and yeah I agree with your reasoning. As she's been highlighted so obviously, and given her complexion, what if she's Ayua's cousin/Leia's daughter? She does seem to be lurking in the same way Sasha and her group lurk, but she seems far more of a lone wolf
Yeah, who knows why Ocean chooses to focus on her. That instance on the bus was really random.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Having watched this rework saga unfold since 2021:

1. Ocean began reworking the original game. By original game, I am referring to Chs 1 to 3.5.

Ch 4 was the first full chapter to feature visuals of the quality they are now. The quality of the visuals (and some of the writing) in those early chapters was very poor compared to now.

This rework was a long and drawn out process. He said that process is finished with the release of Season 1 (personally, I'd have no problem if Ocean reworked renders in Chs 3 and 3.5 to bring everything up to that Ch 4 quality. Instead, he drew a line under everything and put a disclaimer with the Steam release explaining why the Ch 3 and 3.5 renders look different to the rest).

2. A Music licensing agency pulled the plug on AVN developers with little warning. Some musicians also barred their work being used with adult content. This was a wake-up call for all AVN developers (many games seen on F95 were affected by the music licensing fiasco) and now we have Patreon doing a similar thing with little warning (witness WIAB getting pulled from Patreon). In terms of SG, loosing music licenses absolutely screwed several existing cinematics in SG, which were designed and synced around specific music tracks. This required reworks of existing material because it was forced via a third-party service provider, NOT because Ocean wanted to do it.

3. Ocean decided to keep his existing music in the game. This caused a rethink of the content in what is now Season 1 because Ocean did not want to risk loosing those existing music licenses (see the first two sentences of 2. above). Again, This required modification or removal of existing material because it was forced via a third-party service provider, NOT because Ocean wanted to do it.

Any argument that Ocean should have just ditched the music is meaningless. SG is designed to be an audio-visual experience and Ocean is sticking to that.

4. Then we get the Steam restrictions. Yes, Ocean made the choice to market the game on Steam and to market it specifically in his home country. This meant Ocean had to make further changes to comply with a third-party service provider. This was made easier because of changes already required to compile with music licensing. Several knowledgeable people in this thread have previously explained the importance of a German Steam release for SG (including Ocean having a major fan base in that country).

Point 1. above is about the rework Ocean wanted to make. Points 2. to 4. above are about the reworks Ocean needed to make because of third-party restrictions.

You ARE making predictions for what may or may not happen going forward into Season 2 by prescribing all the reasons for the reworks solely to Ocean's alleged OCD. No Developer can easily plan for what happened with 2, 3, and to a lesser extent 4. above.

You prescribe future actions on reworks, despite Ocean declaring that the major three-year game rework is over with the completion of Season 1.

Without all the facts surrounding decisions made by the Developer and without seeing the consequences of these decisions one or two years from now, who the f^^k are we to rush to judgement on the quality of those decisions. I am trying to reserve any judgement or conclusions for the future.

Like I said, let's see where everything is at by this time next year.
Saying that chapter 2 will have same fate if it is a repeat of season 1 decisions makes me "he's predicting"?(y). Why didn't Ocean tame the nudity at the first issue of the music? He tried to salvage it but didn't work and had to remove music and do rework, setting up chain reactions. The decision cannot be 1 single point failure, a buncha issues line making a chain reaction. Will leave it at that, I'm tired of justifying/explaining same points. We'll see season2 for that, that is If I'm alive till then;). PEACE!

#HOPE_SG_SEASON2

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
All style, no substance. I haven't played it yet and honestly given what I've seen so far I'll prob stick to the Beta and ignore this version. It seems really hard to defend wasting so much time and effort on pointless average renders. Like polishing a turd before you flush it...

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes