RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I also think that panic attacks do not make sense because Ocean did not tell us the reason for their occurrence. Panic attacks don't just happen.
I think the reason for their occurence is pretty obvious. Ocean just wanted a visual indicator of how screwed up in the head the MC really is so even the most dimwitted players could grasp it. Panic attacks, anxiety attacks, paranoia and despondence for example, all provide rather easy to interpret visual symptoms that we can all comprehend or relate to.

This is why I was firmly against the inclusion of these attacks from the get-go. I don't feel like they're needed. I personally don't need to be babied into understanding the MC's trauma. I don't need visual queues to know that it's there. Worse even, I feel like it devalues its importance to the character and the story :confused:

EDIT: I could go more in-depth even. Because sometimes it feels like I'm being talked down to, reading Ocean's stories. Like I need to be explained what is happening and why or else I wouldn't be able to realize or comprehend it. This didn't use to happen before the reworks. Give me a "take it or leave it" author anytime over one that treats their audience like toddlers.

Last edited:

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
I think the reason for their occurence is pretty obvious. Ocean just wanted a visual indicator of how screwed up in the head the MC really is so even the most dimwitted players could grasp it. Panic attacks, anxiety attacks, paranoia and despondence for example, all provide rather easy to interpret visual symptoms that we can all comprehend or relate to.

This is why I was firmly against the inclusion of these attacks from the get-go. I don't feel like they're needed. I personally don't need to be babied into understanding the MC's trauma. I don't need visual queues to know that it's there. Worse even, I feel like it devalues its importance to the character and the story :confused:

EDIT: I could go more in-depth even. Because sometimes it feels like I'm being talked down to, reading Ocean's stories. Like I need to be explained what is happening and why or else I wouldn't be able to realize or comprehend it. This didn't use to happen before the reworks. Give me a "take it or leave it" author anytime over one that treats their audience like toddlers.
...that's because....too many people grew up on this 660e3cbaf557c81995bd3a6ba07fe77c.gif :KEK:

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes