Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
And Ocean is like: "What, people do actually love her? I must be dreaming"

Joking aside, I just looove her personality. She's not mean because she wants it, it's because she's badly hurt and broken. I won't lie, when I saw her for the first time and how she treated Nami I wanted to kill her. But that feeling changed the more and more while I was replaying the game. I started to understand her, her feelings and her anger. Now I want her to heal and smile more than anything, and I won't hesitate to hurt anyone else to achieve that. I'll do anything just to see her smile. ♤♡♧
I remember a conversation with Ocean and another user here that was kind of like: this other user saying he does not liker her, me explaining how much I love and later Ocean kind of agreeing with me, so my guess is that he also likes her. But I doubt anyone have complained about Nami, for example: super cute, caring little sister is not something a lot of people will find bad. At most, you don't care about her at all, but will not actively dislike her.
Bella, however, generates strong reactions, can be good or bad, you either love her or you hate her, difficult to go for a gray area.

qwertz!

Oct 14, 2019
I remember a conversation with Ocean and another user here that was kind of like: this other user saying he does not liker her, me explaining how much I love and later Ocean kind of agreeing with me, so my guess is that he also likes her. But I doubt anyone have complained about Nami, for example: super cute, caring little sister is not something a lot of people will find bad. At most, you don't care about her at all, but will not actively dislike her.
Bella, however, generates strong reactions, can be good or bad, you either love her or you hate her, difficult to go for a gray area.
I think that the main problem here are the players themselves. Ocean stated long time ago that this game is mainly story-driven. Most of the players don't actually care about the story itself. Luckily I'm not one of them. Same applies for you as I can see, otherwise we wouldn't have had this conversation going on. I'm happy to know that. And as you said, it's hard to chose sides for the people in a "gray area". They love her either because of her physical look or they hate her because they've seen her do bad things. And you've mentioned Nami. I agree on that one too. Nami, as your sister has been considered as a "good person" from the start. I'm not gonna say that you are forced, but she, being your sister has been put on good side already whether you want it or not. People won't hate her they'll just hope that something will eventually evolve between her and MC. For you to understand a certain character, let's take Bella as an example; you have to see both of her sides. If she's bad, why is that so? You can't just start to like her out of blue. I mean you can, if you don't care about the story and you only see her as a "hot" girl. But that's not the point. Ocean puts a lot of work making these characters feel alive and he does that succesfully. That's why I enjoy this game the most. I'm just hoping that Ocean sees her, I'm not gonna say role, because it's his story and he can do whatever he wants. More like an impact she leaves on us as players. I don't want him to think that Bella is a "bad" or "wasted" character only because of the fact that most of the people don't like her. That's what I'm afraid of the most. That he doesn't go like: "Nah, screw it, she's not worth my effort I put into her". I know that Bella fans may be in minority here, but that's not because she's badly written character. It's actually the opposite. She is a complex and hard to read character. A hidden gem. Well, that was a long text. I'd understand you if you've given up reading but you seem as a story guy so that's why I wrote this much haha.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I don't want him to think that Bella is a "bad" or "wasted" character only because of the fact that most of the people don't like her. That's what I'm afraid of the most. That he doesn't go like: "Nah, screw it, she's not worth my effort I put into her". I know that Bella fans may be in minority here, but that's not because she's badly written character.
Ocean won't be doing that...don't worry ;)

Reactions: Katie4Ever

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
She is a complex and hard to read character. A hidden gem.
Totally agree with you. I love when characters are beautifully flawed. Let me get poetic here. She is like a black hole, pulling everything to her and tearing apart. What can I say? I love that! You know you are going to get super burned but you have to go the fire.
Most of the players don't actually care about the story itself.
This part I don't agree. I think that anybody that plays Ocean's is into the story. You could just be into the art itself, but for that you could simply extract the images.
Obviously it could be just me. I am drawn to all the chaos and despair that seems to be building into this story. I just don't see this game becoming a boring "lets fuck everything that moves" harem fest so I don't think people would care about Bella one way or the other if they are just looking into that.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Guys, as a suggestion (after the release v. 0.3 :coffee:): it would be interesting to vote for the best girl in the game.
I think it will be interesting to see if anyone can beat Bella, don't underestimate Mila - she's pretty hot!
Bella has a lot of chances to win.
Mila and Nami fight for second and third place.

For me :

1-Bella, 2-Mila,-3-Nami, 4-Victoria, 5-Maja.

Fuckcondoms

Jul 11, 2019
Probably some jealousy there. And some missplaced feelings of wanting to protect you I guess. Nami is just as awkward and unsure of how to deal with her feelings as the MC is I think.
Plus if you decide to stay that night they have a very sweet moment together.
After seeing the Bella fan train its good to finally see some love for Nami. I agree.
I like both Nami and Bella (of course the first time the game makes me choose between girls it had to be them, dam you Ocean)
But its the triangle that love the most. Bella, Nami and the MC work great together.

Bella is the one who understands MC pain but doesnt care to get better or helping MC get better. I would love to help her, but she has to show me she wants to be better. The only way to ruin Bella for me would be to make her like Cloe from Life is Strange. Emotional manipulation is no joke.

Nami is the one that is trying her best to help MC get better and move on because she cares about him, but sometimes she gets impatience or angry if she doesnt see result, this happens because she doesnt understand the MC pain. Everyone talks about healing Bella but what if by going down in your depression you bring Nami and Kojito with you as a side effect.

And i maybe wrong but about the "let's be toxic together love" didn't MC had a toxic relation with Summer (Run away, smoking stuff they dont understand, unprotected sex, disrespect the police and possibly Summer's death).
Deja vu Bella?

Well enough theories for now.

As for the next version i hope to learn more about Nadia. She gives me mistery vibes. Love her in the basketball scene.
Keep up the good work Ocean, love all your girls and not just because their are hot.

Reactions: x7CB

qwertz!

Oct 14, 2019
This part I don't agree. I think that anybody that plays Ocean's is into the story. You could just be into the art itself, but for that you could simply extract the images.
Obviously it could be just me. I am drawn to all the chaos and despair that seems to be building into this story.
I meant players in general, not Ocean's players only. You can see many comments like "No lewd scenes, I don't care" or something similar. I'm sure you can find a lot of them on this thread too. I might be wrong, and hopefuly I am. Not all of those who visit this game's thread are into the story and I'm sure that most of them just skip it when they see no lewd scenes, sadly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I meant players in general, not Ocean's players only. You can see many comments like "No lewd scenes, I don't care" or something similar. I'm sure you can find a lot of them on this thread too. I might be wrong, and hopefuly I am. Not all of those who visit this game's thread are into the story and I'm sure that most of them just skip it when they see no lewd scenes, sadly.

I did not mean it as judging. I just prefer stories that are more than simply fuck fest. Take my comment as a guy that says that he prefers to eat chocolate over ice cream. Does not mean he does not like ice cream, when they are great.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019

I dunno man the game has always been plot driven and the first two chapters cemented that. Most of the people know what they are in for.

qwertz!

Oct 14, 2019
I did not mean it as judging. I just prefer stories that are more than simply fuck fest. Take my comment as a guy that says that he prefers to eat chocolate over ice cream. Does not mean he does not like ice cream, when they are great.
You seem to have misunderstood me. I wasn't referring to you. I wrote that just for the potential readers out there who may come accros my message. I don't want them to feel called out. :) Nvm, gtg, it's pretty late here. Time to sleep. It was nice chating with you. Hope to hear from you soon. Good night/day/morning. Wherever you are from ;)

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
Joking aside, I just looove her personality. She's not mean because she wants it, it's because she's badly hurt and broken. I won't lie, when I saw her for the first time and how she treated Nami I wanted to kill her. But that feeling changed the more and more while I was replaying the game. I started to understand her, her feelings and her anger. Now I want her to heal and smile more than anything, and I won't hesitate to hurt anyone else to achieve that. I'll do anything just to see her smile. ♤♡♧
this is exactly the way i look at her, i thought she was going to be your typical bitch kind-of antagonist, which is by no means bad, because a good antagonist works. But then the backstory on her started coming and i've found myself really drawn to her.

i've played a decent amount of VNs now and i haven't found a character i've thought about as much as Bella, and there are a couple of great one's out there.

Reactions: qwertz!

qwertz!

Oct 14, 2019
WHTA HAPPEN witht he game. I thought new update was up but still finish with hug with wheelchair
Nothing happened. It's not abandoned or something. Btw, what gave you the idea that update is out lol?
It's set to release during November according to the Oceans latest post. He didn't say the specific day.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes