Vopeco

Mar 16, 2020
unless I want it too happen.
Pretty sure it's a choice. I assume you mean when you, Mila, Vici and Nami are all on the couch. Don't kiss Vici. That appears to be what triggers Cheeto to start lezzing out from what I can remember. There likely will be no NTR btw in SG so I think we're safe.

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
In 99% of the cases, this is impossible.

The music libraries own the rights to the music now. (Not the artist anymore.)

For example, Staffan Carlen, who made the songs "Sleeping with the TV on" & "Always been a Dreamer" was totally okay with me using his songs in my games.

But back then Epidemic told me to fuck off. They have the last word.

It might be different from library to library... But the big ones own the exclusive rights.
Have you ever considered using public domain classical/jazz/blues music?

Reactions: Ronaldoahmad

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
I may be a Team Nami guy first, but I do love the way things have been developing with Bella and I'm dying to find out what happens next with her. She and the MC are a great match in many ways, though I'm wondering about their long-term prospects. What would be the foundation of a relationship between them other than the connection over the trauma they share? Once that initial fascination wears off, what's there to sustain the flame between them? How would they cope with the mundane reality of everyday life?
They don't each other well enough yet to answer those questions, but there is clearly a lot of potential there.

I get that Bella's attitude can be hard to swallow, but there are glimpses of a kind, considerate person in her who's fiercely protective of those dear to her. When she talks smack it's not because she's rotten to the core, but because what she's been through has caused her to build a huge, thick wall around herself, lace it with barbed wire and lay a dense minefield all around it. And it does its job of keeping everyone away.

By the way, the scene of a young Bella getting bullied was really hard to watch.

I expect us to see a wholly different side to Bella as she softens and opens up. There are already signs of that if you're on her path and many people say how different she is around the MC and at this point she is still conflicted and in denial of her feelings. I wonder how she's going to change now that it looks like she's ready to lay her cards on the table.

Now here's something I've been wondering about: why are Nadia and Bella friends?

If you invite Bella to the gym in Chapter 3, she says that she's not interested in being friends with Robin because they have no common ground. MC then asks why she's friends with Ayua and Bella says that they do have common ground, which we later find out is street racing (and possibly martial arts).

But what's the deal with Nadia? Definitely not fantasy and board games, Bella makes fun of Nadia over that, and I doubt that Nadia is into street racing. Sports? Bella takes care of herself but doesn't seem to be as competetive as Nadia or Zara. Nadia is not a social misfit like Bella. Whatever it is that Nadia keeps in those diaries (or whatever) of hers?

This is interesting to me because Nadia is not very sociable but at one point tells us that it took her two years to get Bella to open up to her. So she's been the one pushing to get to know Bella. Why?
I think as things go naturally, if you help Nika do well by Bella she'll reciprocate. For example, loyalty and openess will probably win tons of affection and more "get to know you" time together and they may end up surprised that they have a lot more in common than just trauma. At the moment, when they talk it's just insults and bards but, as he says to Vici, they don't mean it and it's probably an ingrained defence mechanism for both of them that'll reduce as they get closer. And, as you say, others are noticing that she acts so differently around the MC. If so, she'll get a lot of support from those she trusts. Amber looks happy when the MC tells her they get along, Ayua was thrilled and Nadia was quite sad when the MC said they've decided to stop before things get serious. I can only imagine what will happen when they find out that Bella travelled back to see the MC during her weekend meetup.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
I may be a Team Nami guy first, but I do love the way things have been developing with Bella and I'm dying to find out what happens next with her. She and the MC are a great match in many ways, though I'm wondering about their long-term prospects. What would be the foundation of a relationship between them other than the connection over the trauma they share? Once that initial fascination wears off, what's there to sustain the flame between them? How would they cope with the mundane reality of everyday life?
They don't each other well enough yet to answer those questions, but there is clearly a lot of potential there.
I mean to be fair, That could be said about all of the girls so far. What do Vic and MC have outside the accident that brought them together, What does Mila have that brought her to the MC besides her thinking he had a certain look about him. I mean shoot even Nami at this point is only relevant because she is your Roommate/Sister depending on if you use patch or not.

I think the thing here is how the MC is opening up and changing based on who he is currently pursuing. He is basically a clean slate when it comes to romance, social interactions, living his life. Everything before revolved around Summer and him, Now its starting to revolve around the girl he is falling for. I wanna see what potentially will happen when Summer is reintroduced to the cast and how it will affect them since the MC will be a completely different person to her from back then and how each girl will respond to the original LI showing back up.

I could see Vic being friendly and open with her like everyone else, Mila would be kinda neutral, I could see Nami being the hostile one and Bella being the one to comfort the MC the most.

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
I think as things go naturally, if you help Nika do well by Bella she'll reciprocate. For example, loyalty and openess will probably win tons of affection and more "get to know you" time together and they may end up surprised that they have a lot more in common than just trauma. At the moment, when they talk it's just insults and bards but, as he says to Vici, they don't mean it and it's probably an ingrained defence mechanism for both of them that'll reduce as they get closer.
Yes, Bella's abrasive behaviour and constant putdowns definitely seem to be instinctive more than anything. She's just so used to the feeling of being at war with the world around her that she's internalized it and does it reflexively. Like during the burger date, when she starts talking crap about the MC's home but then realizes she's being a jerk and even says sorry.

This girl has only known hate and bitterness for a long time; she takes insults like it's nothing and immediately shoots back, but a simple compliment takes her off guard and she doesn't know how to respond. That's how little kindness she experiences. Getting closer to the MC not only gives her somebody she can relate to and who understands her, but in a way she gets to rediscover herself. The growing feelings bring out parts of her that had been buried for so long that she's forgotten about them herself.

The two of them worry that they will tear each other down because of how damaged they are, but if what we've seen so far continues, they may end up being anchors for each other instead.

I mean to be fair, That could be said about all of the girls so far. What do Vic and MC have outside the accident that brought them together, What does Mila have that brought her to the MC besides her thinking he had a certain look about him. I mean shoot even Nami at this point is only relevant because she is your Roommate/Sister depending on if you use patch or not.
I agree, we still don't have that much to go on. But then, this is still the early stage of the game and there is a lot more character development planned for everybody so in time we will have a much better idea of how good a match each girl is. The upcoming dates with Mila and Vic should already give more clarity on that.

As a side note, Ocean's top 3 are currently Sasha, Nadia and Sonya, in that order. The ones we know the least about. Makes you wonder what he has in store for them...

Nami is, by the MC's own admission, the most important person in his life (along with Nojiko). They know each other inside and out, including each other's every fault, have great chemistry, can go anywhere and do anything together and have fun. Strangers keep taking them for a couple and Vanessa quickly picks up that there's a lot of potential for more between them.

They are best friends, basically, and that's the most solid foundation for a relationship one could ask for. Other than Nojiko flipping out, I don't see any real obstacles to them taking the next step. Well, the patch users might have one more thing to consider...

About Summer: I think it's an open question whether she returns and joins the cast or remains a plot device central to the MC's arc. In the first case, as you say, there is a lot of room for drama and conflict. I would find it almost poetic for her to return on Nami's path, only to find out that the tables have turned.

In the second scenario her disappearance remains a mystery that is never explained. In this case the narrative focus shifts to the MC trying to overcome his grief, heal and move on without ever getting the closure he is so desperate for.

Both options have merit, the question is what direction Ocean wants the game to take.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I wanna see what potentially will happen when Summer is reintroduced to the cast and how it will affect them since the MC will be a completely different person to her from back then and how each girl will respond to the original LI showing back up.
I am not sure if Summer ever returns. What we know about the last time Nika saw Summer feels like a crime in progress to me. Everything seems fine until the MC and Summer happily go into a cabin in a forest, later on Summer is gone, Nika is in the ICU at a hospital with, among other things, a collapsed lung. This does sound like the two were attacked in that cabin.

We already discussed a bit about Sasha, what she said about only the hard ones survive and her rogueish scar. Maybe she was similarly attacked, but got away?
Unless we learn that Sasha´s scar is a "Schmiß"(dueling scar), that is a scar which you might get in a "schlagende Verbindung", meaning a European fraternity/sorority with ritualistic saber fighting, it is more likely she got it in a hazardous situation.
A typical Renommierschmiss (which are really rare today due to more focus on defensive fighting styles and less duels per person over their lifetime) on the face of Dr. Franz Burda senior, a famous media publisher
Franz_Burda_Schmiss.jpg

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
I am not sure if Summer ever returns. What we know about the last time Nika saw Summer feels like a crime in progress to me. Everything seems fine until the MC and Summer happily go into a cabin in a forest, later on Summer is gone, Nika is in the ICU at a hospital with, among other things, a collapsed lung. This does sound like the two were attacked in that cabin.
My thoughts here are, They never really say they were attacked, Summer was killed or hurt. They just say she is gone/missing. If there was a death I feel like someone our MC would have run into someone who knows the about the incident. We are also given a glimpse into her family situation in the flashback with Elsa, They are a wealthier family indicated by how the aunt views the MC and when we see Elsa in the famous restaurant, They are apart of that "Upper Class" group.

My theory is that the Aunt is more influential in the family as a whole, Made Summers parents or just went behind their backs, and forced the incident to separate the two since they dont want their "upper class" family tainted by a "poor family". Cause the way Elsa acts when she talks to you doesn't seem painful or sorry, It seemed off for someone who knew what they had before.

My guess, Since we have been given info about the other college vanessa attends that is supposedly the "Better" college that Summer has been forced to attend this school, Forced to not interact with the MC by threat of something happening to his family and that during a basketball game, Since we learn the MC and Summer used to play in the rework, or when we help Zara go to the college to prank her sisters friends. And with the inclusion of learning about his panic attacks, It leads to the meeting being brief/short as he has an attack and passes out.

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
Is that still a thing? From reading the older posts in this thread I know that originally Summer and the MC were doing something fishy in the cabin and the police turned up, but since the rework that's not in the game. The worst they get up to is attempted bloodsport involving spiders. Other than that they just fool around and kiss, and then we see the psychedelic dream with the flowers. Or am I forgetting something?

My interpretation of the current hospital flashback with a bloodied MC was that he attempted self-harm after Summer's disappearance. It would explain why Nami is always so keen to keep an eye on him.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
My thoughts here are, They never really say they were attacked, Summer was killed or hurt. They just say she is gone/missing. If there was a death I feel like someone our MC would have run into someone who knows the about the incident. We are also given a glimpse into her family situation in the flashback with Elsa, They are a wealthier family indicated by how the aunt views the MC and when we see Elsa in the famous restaurant, They are apart of that "Upper Class" group.

My theory is that the Aunt is more influential in the family as a whole, Made Summers parents or just went behind their backs, and forced the incident to separate the two since they dont want their "upper class" family tainted by a "poor family". Cause the way Elsa acts when she talks to you doesn't seem painful or sorry, It seemed off for someone who knew what they had before.

My guess, Since we have been given info about the other college vanessa attends that is supposedly the "Better" college that Summer has been forced to attend this school, Forced to not interact with the MC by threat of something happening to his family and that during a basketball game, Since we learn the MC and Summer used to play in the rework, or when we help Zara go to the college to prank her sisters friends. And with the inclusion of learning about his panic attacks, It leads to the meeting being brief/short as he has an attack and passes out.
While your scenario is possible, I find it less likely to be the case. The MC was in hospital with life-threatening injuries, that is not a cavalier´s delict, that is attempted manslaughter. Yes, Elsa and her family could have pulled off something like you describe, but the possibility of that coming to light is serious. If it ever comes out that Elsa let a teenager be beaten half to death just for dating her niece, let´s just say bad publicity would be the least of her problem.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Is that still a thing? From reading the older posts in this thread I know that originally Summer and the MC were doing something fishy in the cabin and the police turned up, but since the rework that's not in the game. The worst they get up to is attempted bloodsport involving spiders. Other than that they just fool around and kiss, and then we see the psychedelic dream with the flowers. Or am I forgetting something?

My interpretation of the current hospital flashback with a bloodied MC was that he attempted self-harm after Summer's disappearance. It would explain why Nami is always so keen to keep an eye on him.
Exactly because the police stuff got cut out in the rework, Summer´s disappearance reeks more of a crime than before. The injuries Mika sustained are not typical for a suicide attempter, esp. since the MC tried to deal with his emotional pain by getting in school square fights repeatedly and someday just "shutting down".

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Frowster

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
While your scenario is possible, I find it less likely to be the case. The MC was in hospital with life-threatening injuries, that is not a cavalier´s delict, that is attempted manslaughter. Yes, Elsa and her family could have pulled off something like you describe, but the possibility of that coming to light is serious. If it ever comes out that Elsa let a teenager be beaten half to death just for dating her niece, let´s just say bad publicity would be the least of her problem.
That's the thing though. How does it ever come to light if they just hired someone to either attack or cause an accident to happen to them. If a wealthy, rich, famous person wanted something like that done I am assured that they would have people willing to do it for them.

And again, The way Elsa acts, It doesn't feel like how someone would act if indeed Summer was killed. Especially since the MC hasn't seen her since the incident. Wouldn't Elsa, knowing of their past ask him where he has been, What happened, Why wasn't he at the funeral.

Then you have the Aurora photo, "Shadows of the past". Along with he ending scene on non Bella paths I believe is of Elsa. The MC doesn't want anything to do with the social media app but then sees Elsa's photo and immediately says he will get it because "Social media brings people you lost sight of together". And Mila immediately brings up Summer.

IDK Ocean well enough to know if he writes his story or someone else does, But it seems like whoever does is dropping hints/foreshadowing the MC eventually finding/seeing Summer again.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Exactly because the police stuff got cut out in the rework, Summer´s disappearance reeks more of a crime than before. The injuries Mika sustained are not typical for a suicide attempter, esp. since the MC tried to deal with his emotional pain by getting in school square fights repeatedly and someday just "shutting down".
Well, I first played the game a few days ago, therefore I have no idea of how the story was.

What the story is telling now is... nothing. We don't know anything, except that she is a missing person. A pre-teen missing person for years (4 years?): there is no way a preteen missing since years is still alive.

Is learning what happened to her important? I don't think so. Unless MC is at fault in it, it doesn't matter at all.

The story's not about what happened to a missing preteen girl and what MC is doing in order to find it out. The story's about MC dealing with his loss and how people around him are helping him. It's about him healing and finding a reason to move on.

Last edited:

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
Okay, I think I can debunk the theory that Summer vanished because she fell victim to a violent attack at the cabin:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, the MC does indeed sustain injuries consistent with a violent fight - which Nami confirms at the hospital by referring to it as "the violent incident" - but we are not given any indication as to the time or place it happened. For all we know it happened in one of the uneven fights he lost at school, and as he tells Amber during his second session, he did lose more than once to multiple opponents.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Okay, I think I can debunk the theory that Summer vanished because she fell victim to a violent attack at the cabin:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, the MC does indeed sustain injuries consistent with a violent fight - which Nami confirms at the hospital by referring to it as "the violent incident" - but we are not given any indication as to the time or place it happened. For all we know it happened in one of the uneven fights he lost at school, and as he tells Amber during his second session, he did lose more than once to multiple opponents.
I still see Summer´s vanishing connected with the trip to the cabin, him seeing her one last time (see the slightly odd phrasing) and the MC landing in the ICU. The way these flashbacks were shown hint towards Nika being seriously hurt during Summer´s vanishing and him being helpless to stop it.
The fights at school thereafter were always matter of fact recounts, some won, some lost, several even to being ganged up upon. But never there was any mention of major damage incurred at school.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I still see Summer´s vanishing connected with the trip to the cabin, him seeing her one last time (see the slightly odd phrasing) and the MC landing in the ICU. The way these flashbacks were shown hint towards Nika being seriously hurt during Summer´s vanishing and him being helpless to stop it.
The fights at school thereafter were always matter of fact recounts, some won, some lost, several even to being ganged up upon. But never there was any mention of major damage incurred at school.
There isn't a single time in the whole story where MC claims or tells himself that he feels guilty of or to blame for Summer's disappearance. Not even once. If you were right, MC wouldn't have stopped blaming himself.

How about leaving off this theory of yours?

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
There isn't a single time in the whole story where MC claims or tells himself that he feels guilty of or to blame for Summer's disappearance. Not even once. If you were right, MC wouldn't have stopped blaming himself.

How about leaving off this theory of yours?
Well, I never stated he feels guilty, but he felt helpless which is quite clear how he talks with Nami or Amber about Summer. And he wants to feel normal again, which he told Nami before he went to te date with Bella.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

I don't see the self-harm at all. The following is all we have about that incident so far, in the flashback while the MC is waiting for Vic to return to her room at the hospital:

Hospital1a.png

Hospital1a1.png

Hospital1a1a.png

Both lungs collapsed - that's major trauma and potential loss of oxygen to the brain. We don't know if he tried to save Summer and was badly injured doing it or if she was attacked and taken and he barely escaped with his life.

We don't know how Bella's Sister disappeared or how Sasha got the mark on her face (perhaps related or not - insufficient information available at this time).

The trip to the cabin with Amber and the MC will lead to pivotal reveals. Imagine if Amber discovers that the MC recalls information that matches a vehicle or other details that are part of the police investigation notes from her daughter's death/disappearance.

The story is an onion here and who knows how many more layers have to be peeled away before getting to the truth.

This is part of what makes Summers Gone such a compelling story for me!

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes