Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
We don't know how Bella's Sister disappeared or how Sasha got the mark on her face (perhaps related or not - insufficient information available at this time).

The trip to the cabin with Amber and the MC will lead to pivotal reveals. Imagine if Amber discovers that the MC recalls information that matches a vehicle or other details that are part of the police investigation notes from her daughter's death/disappearance.
I'm with ya - I've wondered for a bit if all of it will be related and this may be something Amber and MC find they have in common - and with WIAB's story involving gangs, etc. in the area, can't help but wonder if it's like a sex trafficking ring or something involved in these situations.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
Well, I never stated he feels guilty, but he felt helpless which is quite clear how he talks with Nami or Amber about Summer. And he wants to feel normal again, which he told Nami before he went to te date with Bella.
He was depressed, She disappeared without any warning. Everything after was him dealing with it and the depression after. Not being social, getting into fights just to "feel alive". He felt like his reason to live just up and left him with no word.

Again, The way Elsa acted around him when they met is not the way someone who was friends with you and was your GFs cousin would act seeing each other for the first time if Summer died. She would act more upset because it would look like he was the one who disappeared.

The fact she never tried to contact him or Nami afterwards either, Its beyond weird. Plus the foreshadowing setup for the MC wanting to join Aurora to "See people he lost contact with" and Mila immediately mention Summer, If thats not setting up for her to return later.

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
I don't see the self-harm at all. The following is all we have about that incident so far, in the flashback while the MC is waiting for Vic to return to her room at the hospital:
(...)
Both lungs collapsed - that's major trauma and potential loss of oxygen to the brain. We don't know if he tried to save Summer and was badly injured doing it or if she was attacked and taken and he barely escaped with his life.
Yes, I can now see that it clearly wasn't self-harm. Heh, I remembered the shot of his bloody arm and assumed he had tried cutting his wrists, but I somehow forgot about the collapsed lungs line (which totally doesn't match up with self-harm) and the fact that Nami talks about a "violent incident".

It's interesting that there was never any mention of a criminal investigation - which would definitely happen in case of attempted murder, grievous bodily harm and a young girl disappearing. I suppose that an investigation did take place but the case was unsolved and dropped, the MC pushed the whole incident out of his memory and Nojiko/Nami never bring it up so as not to open up old wounds.

The second session with Amber also shows that even though the scene with the police arriving at the cabin was cut, it's still canon as the MC mentions an officer by name.I would assume that a cop who finds two kids out in the woods after dark would take them back home. If so, the incident must have taken place at another time and place.
Or maybe the officer knew them personally and left them there after seeing they're fine and then something went down. But that's something he/she definitely wouldn't do if Razrback's suggestion about organized criminal groups known to be active in the area is right.

Welp, I'm really looking forward to that cabin trip with Amber!

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Yeah, you can definitely tell from looking into her digital rendered eyeballs. The pain, the suffering, the whole "made up" part of it all!

Ha, Ha ha ha!
View attachment 2285227
Dude, this guy got engrossed in the story and the beautiful renders. And you're mocking him for that? Way to be a Pathetic human and mock others..

Anyway, i also love how the dev made Bella's eyes kinda sad. She's a lovely character.

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
The fact she never tried to contact him or Nami afterwards either, Its beyond weird. Plus the foreshadowing setup for the MC wanting to join Aurora to "See people he lost contact with" and Mila immediately mention Summer, If thats not setting up for her to return later.
Ocean has stated several times that Summer really has "gone" and won't be making an appearance beyond flashbacks.

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
Yes, I can now see that it clearly wasn't self-harm. Heh, I remembered the shot of his bloody arm and assumed he had tried cutting his wrists, but I somehow forgot about the collapsed lungs line (which totally doesn't match up with self-harm) and the fact that Nami talks about a "violent incident".

It's interesting that there was never any mention of a criminal investigation - which would definitely happen in case of attempted murder, grievous bodily harm and a young girl disappearing. I suppose that an investigation did take place but the case was unsolved and dropped, the MC pushed the whole incident out of his memory and Nojiko/Nami never bring it up so as not to open up old wounds.

The second session with Amber also shows that even though the scene with the police arriving at the cabin was cut, it's still canon as the MC mentions an officer by name.I would assume that a cop who finds two kids out in the woods after dark would take them back home. If so, the incident must have taken place at another time and place.
Or maybe the officer knew them personally and left them there after seeing they're fine and then something went down. But that's something he/she definitely wouldn't do if Razrback's suggestion about organized criminal groups known to be active in the area is right.

Welp, I'm really looking forward to that cabin trip with Amber!
The story is an onion here and who knows how many more layers have to be peeled away before getting to the truth.

This is part of what makes Summers Gone such a compelling story for me!
Yeah, that slash down the MC's arm looks like some sort defensive wound.

I think we need to remember that the story and its elements are resolving from the MC's perspective. He's probably suppressed a lot of memories about what happened. When asked by Amber he starts to panic as he begins to look through his memories. I reckon that as the story goes on, we'll get more reveals and perspectives and I wonder if Amber will start pulling out old newspaper articles and police reports? I can see a missing persons or abduction case have a lot of press at the time. Onion peeling is definitely what's happening here...

Reactions: Frowster

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
When did I say that? >.>

I would never make such a gigantic claim this early into the game. (Or in general, as it would be a gigantic spoiler.)
Please don't let Summer be gone x.x

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Ocean has stated several times that Summer really has "gone" and won't be making an appearance beyond flashbacks.
I was catching up reading on the thread and already hit quote before seeing that the dev responded, but I'll leave it here anyway. Even if lets say he initially intended for her to be just a plot device, even if now the reunion is the endgame, an author will never admit, or deny such a thing in a million years.

She gone, bro. :cry: :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: imadumb

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
Ill believe it when he actually provides us with a reason to as why she is "gone" outside some cryptic flashback sequence or the game is finished and she isnt in it. He has already done simple misdirection in the game with characters. The necessity of Summer in the game is too much for the all the characters involved with the MC.

JamesM81

Aug 14, 2022
I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree in the most radical manner possible. I think Summer's return would be the single biggest undermining of this story possible. If the story is about healing and overcoming trauma, deleting the source of that trauma would nullify everything it seeks to accomplish in my perspective. But then again maybe there will be enough twists and turns to salvage it even with her return.

Either way as it stands, for the sake of the story and characters the only thing I want is for Summer to be truly gone for good.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree in the most radical manner possible. I think Summer's return would be the single biggest undermining of this story possible. If the story is about healing and overcoming trauma, deleting the source of that trauma would nullify everything it seeks to accomplish in my perspective. But then again maybe there will be enough twists and turns to salvage it even with her return.

Either way as it stands, for the sake of the story and characters the only thing I want is for Summer to be truly gone for good.
when the mc think he's healed and ready to move, if she come back, this can break him again :v

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
what.gif nope-badger.gif

Link to source?

Spilling that beans would be such a major spoiler that it would be borderline stupid. Some dudes can call Ocean many things, but he is no fool and certainly not stupid.

Reactions: Old Man Al
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes