PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I hate how that image instantly triggers a song in my head lol.
Okay - that image instantly triggered: Vacation by the Go GOs, a Classic 80's song.

It's the depths of winter in the Northern Hemisphere - so bring on your vacation or summer vacation song!

What's your trigger song?

Last edited:

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Okay - that image instantly triggered: Vacation by the Go GOs, a Classic 80's song.

It's the depths of winter in North America - so bring on your vacation or summer vacation song!

What's your trigger song?
I meant the second image. "Directed by Robert B. Weide" is the starting frame of this ending theme that got famous for being used at the end of many meme videos.

As soon as I see that image the music starts playing in my head :ROFLMAO:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree in the most radical manner possible. I think Summer's return would be the single biggest undermining of this story possible. If the story is about healing and overcoming trauma, deleting the source of that trauma would nullify everything it seeks to accomplish in my perspective. But then again maybe there will be enough twists and turns to salvage it even with her return.
I agree on this, that a return of Summer would be undermining a lot of the story. SG is clearly about how to deal with trauma, how deep it can cut and how to recover from it. Summer popping up again would only be possible under very specific circumstances, anywhere else it would just weaken the storyline.

Tincho_SI

Mar 9, 2020
I wonder what happened to Mc in the accident he had? Was he alone or with someone else? It never said how many years ago, or at least I wasn't paying attention :giggle:. What could possibly happen with Amber and Mc in the forest house... And lot more. The story of this game could be an amazing book, and Wiab too.

Reactions: Razrback16

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Ah, the Curb Your Enthusiasm ending credits song x3 the same thing happens to me.

View attachment 2289196 View attachment 2289200 View attachment 2289202
You do realize that Larry David himself says that Curb Your Enthusiasm and his other creation, Seinfeld.... admits the characters are degenerates? Right?

Judging by how you mock that last poster.... you seem to glorify this level of narcissism. Kinda sad. And contradictory to his core message.

Anyway... Hawt
2023-01-05 23_33_58-Window.png

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I wonder what happened to Mc in the accident he had? Was he alone or with someone else? It never said how many years ago, or at least I wasn't paying attention :giggle:. What could possibly happen with Amber and Mc in the forest house... And lot more. The story of this game could be an amazing book, and Wiab too.
It's been 5 years since Summer vanished.

SG 4.0 1 Summer gone for 5 years 1.png
SG 4.0 1 Summer gone for 5 years 1a.png
SG 4.0 1 Summer gone for 5 years 1a1.png
SG 4.0 1 Summer gone for 5 years 1b.png
SG 4.0 1 Summer gone for 5 years 1c.png
SG 4.0 1 Summer gone for 5 years 1d.png

The MC has endured 5 years of nightmares, losing his first love. He has effectively isolated himself from the world, limiting almost all of his time to just Nami and Nojiko. I think that they both are trying to help him move past this loss as best they can. Noji was able to help both Nami and the MC overcome the loss of their parents and she could have been a big part of their lives prior to the death of their parents. The MC had no one to buffer him from the loss of Summer, even Nami can't.

Summers Gone has so many little details - breadcrumbs - that it is hard to keep track of them or even notice them the first time I see them.

I don't recall if the MC has had any nightmares since he and Bella started getting closer.

It could be that their growing relationship is suppressing the nightmares about Summer, at least for a time.

I find myself looking forward to the relationship intimacy before the physical intimacy with Bella. Imagine Bella and the MC falling asleep together during an afternoon, it could even happen in the next chapter - since neither of them got a great rest the previous night.

Imagine...

Bella wakes to the MC moving around, in the midst of a nightmare, calling out to Summer and she sees an echo of her own pain and loss, mourning her sister. She strokes his hair and gently holds him closer, slowly rocking him until he falls into a deeper sleep, the nightmare banished. She falls back to sleep smiling, unconsciously reveling in his scent... so much better than the hints she enjoyed, trying to bring him closer to her while smelling his jacket the night before.

Amber had come to check on them to see if they wanted anything to drink or eat and she was quietly marveling at Bella and the MC, wrapped up together, when this happens.

She smiles as she watches Bella respond with a tenderness she has not seen in years, then backs away quietly, unaware of the tears glistening on her cheeks.

Given their stories, this would be as powerful an emotional moment as any I have seen in the many AVN's I've enjoyed.

Summers Gone inspires these kinds of imaginings for me - something few other AVNs do.

So - Ocean - it's one word and I think it is inadequate to the task but...

Thanks!

Tincho_SI

Mar 9, 2020
I know about Summers, but the Mc had an accident where his lungs collapsed, he got this "daydream" when he was with Nami returning the wallet of Vic, that's what I would like to know more.

And I agree with you, Bella and Mc had the same traumatic experience in their past. I like the way Bella changed the Mc image in less than a day. I hope we can see an scene like the one you described man, now I can't stop imagining it. I know the others girls are awesome too, but for me Bella is something else...

Ocean did an amazing job with this game. I guess people can relate with the different characters and their backgrounds. The others games out there are really good, but Sg is on another level.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree in the most radical manner possible. I think Summer's return would be the single biggest undermining of this story possible. If the story is about healing and overcoming trauma, deleting the source of that trauma would nullify everything it seeks to accomplish in my perspective. But then again maybe there will be enough twists and turns to salvage it even with her return.

Either way as it stands, for the sake of the story and characters the only thing I want is for Summer to be truly gone for good.
There are already many stories with similar themes of lovers disappearing, and never being seen or heard from again. I want her to come back because it'll be interesting to see and learn about why she vanished in the first place. One of the main things that make this story interesting, is her disappearance. Her dying or never coming back for some odd reason would be pretty generic in my opinion. I can't tell you how many YA novels have similar subplots featuring a lost love or a lost friend/family member. Worse yet, is that it's predictable. Too linear. I'm someone that tries to think outside of the box in regard to crafting stories, so when I see something that I can easily foresee the outcome of, it kind of eliminates a lot of interest for me(tension and suspense are everything). But maybe I'm the only one here with that view ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally, I want her to come back. It'll shake things up, and her reappearance will probably both answer a lot of questions and trigger cascading effects throughout the entirety of the story.

Edit: So let's say that she doesn't come back. Now what? What does that mean for the story? MC's normal again... hurray! But what does that mean from a storytelling perspective? I just feel that this route would be a bit uninteresting. Also, I know many are curious as to what an adult Summer would look like, as well as how the event affected her and what her (probable) sudden reappearance means for the rest of the cast. There's too much potential there for Oceans to just end it with her being murdered or her dropping off the face of the earth. But that's the writer in me speaking so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit #2: This is just my opinion. I really don't care enough about this topic to argue it(no offence to anyone)ღ

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
There are already many stories with similar themes of lovers disappearing, and never being seen or heard from again. I want her to come back because it'll be interesting to see and learn about why she vanished in the first place. One of the main things that make this story interesting, is her disappearance. Her dying or never coming back for some odd reason would be pretty generic in my opinion. I can't tell you how many YA novels have similar subplots featuring a lost love or a lost friend/family member. Worse yet, is that it's predictable. Too linear. I'm someone that tries to think outside of the box in regard to crafting stories, so when I see something that I can easily foresee the outcome of, it kind of eliminates a lot of interest for me. But maybe I'm the only one here with that view ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally, I want her to come back. It'll shake everything up, and her reappearance will probably both explain and start a lot of things as far as the story goes.
I guess it depends on what part of the world you live and what kinda media you grow up with. For example Latino telenovelas have a lost sibling/lover showing up almost 100% of the time, for people that have watched those types of shows in the past, having Summer just be a plot device might be refreshing, don't think it has that much to do with thinking outside of the box, or not. That ship has sailed, every story is an inspiration, of an inspiration, of an inspiration of a story.

Something completely original, if its even possible, it would not hit the same way with general audiences, people have been conditioned to enjoy their tropes.

Oct 21, 2022
Absolutely love this VN so far, pissed I didn't find it sooner. There are still some pacing issues IMO but damn the amount of emotion it can conjure is mad. All LI's are great but Nami is obviously the best ;) Bella's path is so good also but especially after my first run It really hurts to see what your other relations do to Nami.

I have personal history that helps attach me to this story so maybe it's that but It breaks me every time Summer is shown in flashbacks or talked about from the MC's POV. It's just incredibly well done, even down to seeing things/people that remind you of her throughout (In game).

On Topic: I want nothing more than for Summer to come back, for the epic happy ever after ending and just for MC. That doesn't mean it's the best decision for the story though. Unless done spectacularly it will fall short and feel cheap and diminish all your other relationships. If the game was setup that you are searching for Summer maybe that's different but MC is trying to move on. It's about MC's life and struggles with mental health, sadly not about Summer. That's my interpretation anyway.

9/10 game, will probs make a review soon but if anyone see's this comment and you like romance, good character building/dialogue and darker mental themes, this one will resonate with you!

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Honestly, guys...

...you're wondering whether a 12 years old ponytail brat is coming back after being a missing person for 5 years!?! srsly?!?!?

The only plausible thing that might happen in the story is that one day Noji will get a phone from Summer's parents/relatives telling her that they found a buried corpse of a preteen girl somewhere in the forest and that DNA analysis confirmed it's Summer's.

BUT these are MY 2 cents ONLY.

My real doubt NOW and my question to you is:

how would you rather die by suffocation if you were MC? would you rather die by suffocation with your face between Vic's boobies or between Mila's knockers? :unsure:

Vic or Mila? :unsure: the doubt is killing me.

• Haha
Reactions: ImproperTattoo

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
I kept seeing images posted from this game and thought "hey this looks good" then I realised all the hot pictures of the girls I've been seeing are actually background characters, :FacePalm: who look better than the main cast. I did some investigating cause my initial reaction was WTF is going on Ocean?! Then from some very reliable sources I discovered the truth. Ocean's sister, his girlfriend, his mom, his step mom, his baby sitter and even Ocean himself they're all in the game!!!
Where has she gone Oceanlab ?:
1672857027720.png

OCEEEAAAAANNNN!!!!!!
the-tudors-les-tudors.gif

Leon queen

Apr 13, 2020
Hi, Can someone please explain the Family relationships?
So Niko is their step mother? and Nami is your step sister?
So Niko adopted two completely unrelated children?
And raised them single handedly?
I think?

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
Hi, Can someone please explain the Family relationships?
So Niko is their step mother? and Nami is your step sister?
So Niko adopted two completely unrelated children?
And raised them single handedly?
I think?
If you dont use the patch I believe Nami and MC where friends before hand and there was an accident with both their parents involved and Nojiko adopts them afterwards.

If the patch is used they are blood related siblings who are adopted after an accident with their parents.

I dont remember if it is clearly stated if they where in an orphanage or if Nojiko was a family friend and took them in after their parents died.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
...you're wondering whether a 12 years old ponytail brat is coming back after being a missing person for 5 years!?! srsly?!?!?

The only plausible thing that might happen in the story is that one day Noji will get a phone from Summer's parents/relatives telling her that they found a buried corpse of a preteen girl somewhere in the forest and that DNA analysis confirmed it's Summer's.
But she isn't a "missing persons". It has never been stated that there was a police report or investigation. They just say she is gone. Clearly reinforced by the fact that no one our MC has been involved with has any idea about him or Summer. If she was a "Missing Persons" you think the story would have made headlines in the city and more people would have heard about the MC and Summers name.

Reactions: tbz1983
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes