Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
There is a new character that wasnt in the original WiaB that is now here because of the reworks that is strikingly similar to Nami. The next thing we need to know is when the timeframes of these games. Are they running side by side at the same time, Is WiaB supposed to be a prequel?

If so we could start to piece things together about potential parents and what happens to them since there seems to be some gang shit going on in WiaB.
WiaB is the prequel game of this game universe. It is playing between 20 to 30 years before "Summer´s gone" in the same city of Wollust. Ayua is most certainly Willi Zane(WIAB MC) and Miru´s daughter (in theory she could also be Dylan´s kid, but that is very unlikely). She must be, since Kati is canonically her aunt and Mila told Nika that Ayua is a Zane girl. With her name and looks she is Miru´s (WIAB MC´s girlfriend) daughter.
Nami seems to be the daughter of Daphne, a good friend of Willi, the resemblance is really strong and this seems to be purpose. It is very likely that she got her special earring from Leia (as did Sasha), Willi´s best roommate or twin sister, depending on what version you play. While there was a side character in old WIAB with the same earrings as Leia, this seems to be no longer the case and must have been done to make these earrings specific.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
It's ok. I hate having multiple playthroughs in games and I have a feeling Nami, Bella and Sasha will keep me more than satisfied. Hopefully Ocean stops increasing the cast of female characters. Way too many as is.
Has Sasha even been confirmed to be a LI either though?

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Well, keep in mind that he knows a lot more about them than we do.

And his list isn't set in stone and changes regularly depending on whose content he's working on.
True. Yeah I know, last time I checked someone mentioned Sonya being his #1 at that moment.
To me though first impressions matter. I like pretty much everyone in SG but no matter how amazing of a story Ocean ends up creating for any future LI's I've already cut off like 80% of the girls and I'm not going back. There is nothing Ocean can do to make me care about Nadia, Sonya, Mila, Nia, Zara, Victoria, Marla or Amber just off the top of my head.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
Yes, here's the list. It's generally updated as soon as new info comes out.
Take it with a grain of salt, it's an aggregate of news from several years of active development. Some things may have varied without us knowing (it's generally pointed out though).
Its weird looking at who is and isnt considered LIs. Like my MC has almost no interactions with Sasha outside stretching on all paths and not to mention Sonya, I mean if it wasn't for that god awful tabletop game event I would have never even spoken to her.

I considered having the current 4, Nami, Bella, Mila and Vic more than enough. Honestly it scares me seeing that list. Oceans already reworked WIAB and he is currently reworking/rewriting this. Just seems like he has way to much planned out. I would rather have a few LIs and more girls on the side to fill the lewd spots so the story doesn't get super branched out in terms of paths and it never gets a proper ending. More VNs have gone belly up with half the planned content than this one cause of Devs "burning out".

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
Maja still has +/- points in the reworked chapters and Love Points starting chapter 3. Why keep those in if its never gonna happen? :unsure:

Welcome to middle school :Kappa:
View attachment 2296071
Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. I guess if you have good relation with Maja it's easier to pursue Vic??

Around when 4.5 dropped Ocean said that Maja isn't LI currently but might become one. So fuck around and find out :BootyTime:

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
True. Yeah I know, last time I checked someone mentioned Sonya being his #1 at that moment.
To me though first impressions matter. I like pretty much everyone in SG but no matter how amazing of a story Ocean ends up creating for any future LI's I've already cut off like 80% of the girls and I'm not going back. There is nothing Ocean can do to make me care about Nadia, Sonya, Mila, Nia, Zara, Victoria, Marla or Amber just off the top of my head.
That's the problem with having a large ensemble cast. Nami and Bella are so far ahead of the others in terms of development that, unless you're totally not interested in either of them, I just can't see many players dropping their paths to focus on another girl. They've played such a central role up to this point that to the unknowing it might seem like SG takes the same approach as Chasing Sunsets - two principal LIs with some supporting characters.

It's for this same reason that I question the wisdom of having Summer return as a love interest (if that's what the plan is). It would be a monumental moment for the MC, but by that point in the story we - the players - will be fully invested in the other girls.

Looking at Ocean's dedication to his games and his attention to detail, I'm sure that he is well aware of the risks and challenges that having such a large cast entails and that he has given a lot of thought to making this work. But managing a project of this size is going to be tricky even if you know what you're doing.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I think the big plus to such a large cast is that the story feels far more real, at least to me - I like seeing other guys in the story for example because at a college, there will be other guys around, etc. I hope we see some of the other guys at the college even pursuing our LIs to add to the realism with some competition for their affection. It's also good because of the "gossip" factor which adds angles to the dialogue since the characters do talk to each other in the background as Ocean has described previously - if you are romancing Bella, word gets around that you two are a couple and people react to that information based on their opinions of Bella & the MC (just as an example).

But at the same time, there is the potential downside of some LIs not being fleshed out very well until further into the game - we've got plenty of people on the board that are looking forward to Sasha. Myself and some others are looking forward to Amber (and heck if you aren't on Bella's path you don't even get to see Amber in a single render from Chapter 4.5).

So I know bigger casts can be tougher for the developer to manage, but overall I think it's a positive.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes