TwoHeavens

Aug 26, 2020
Your response has no logic or basis in reality. The game is FREE to anyone - from the developer's website, where you can download it ... for FREE.

I understand English may not be your native language - but FREE is only a four-letter word.
What does being free to download have anything to do with devs drawing out development to prolong the monthly income they make from patreon? You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
What does being free to download have anything to do with devs drawing out development to prolong the monthly income they make from patreon? You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.
Getting donations made by people who enjoy giving ~3$ a month to say "thank you for what you do" means DC is a scamlord hellbent on delaying the complete recoding of the game while also adding and reformatting everything to 16:9, made by 1 dude who works part time ..... Yep, complete and utter milkage. Good to know you didn't try your own advice 1st and learn wtf you're talking about

Reactions: Count Morado
Dec 12, 2021
Before I download one, anyone know which is the more recommended version of the Incest Patch? the 20.5 on Lewdpatcher or the 20.12 one found in these comments? I Dunno if it's already been answered but I am NOT patienct enough to search through over a thousand pages of comments trying to find an answer.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Before I download one, anyone know which is the more recommended version of the Incest Patch? the 20.5 on Lewdpatcher or the 20.12 one found in these comments? I Dunno if it's already been answered but I am NOT patienct enough to search through over a thousand pages of comments trying to find an answer.
A search for the word "patch" with the results sorted in order of date brings up a post that is listed the third (now fourth with this one added) on the first page of the results (also, 14th (now 15th) result on the first page shows same question you're asking - going there, one of the next 2 posts below it gives you the answer)

A search for the word "incest" shows similar - with the two I referenced in nearly the same position. So does "20.5" and "20.12"

Mainly because I post the FAQ I created about every other page because people don't have the patience to use the search box in the upper right hand corner of any page. Just think, if you'd done that - you'd have had the answer 14 minutes ago, but you didn't have the patience. But you did have the patience to wait for the answer.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
A search for the word "patch" with the results sorted in order of date brings up a post that is listed the third (now fourth with this one added) on the first page of the results (also, 14th (now 15th) result on the first page shows same question you're asking - going there, one of the next 2 posts below it gives you the answer)

A search for the word "incest" shows similar - with the two I referenced in nearly the same position. So does "20.5" and "20.12"

Mainly because I post the FAQ I created about every other page because people don't have the patience to use the search box in the upper right hand corner of any page. Just think, if you'd done that - you'd have had the answer 14 minutes ago, but you didn't have the patience. But you did have the patience to wait for the answer.
Sweet irony is just as good as milker tears

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
It's donations though. DC never asked for anything and could possibly still be making the game even if you sliced more than 1/2 of what people give him monthly.
Sure, but milking isn't necessarily about need is it? In fact it's usually associated with greed. Whether or not the team necessarily needs the money they are making on donations doesn't really have much bearing on whether greed and/or laziness is driving them to artificially slow development. It makes a strong case that the game wasn't conceived to be milked from the get-go, but the fact that the development has slowed down drastically from when it used to be 1 decent sized update every couple months to only mini content fillers every 6 months for the past year and a half is a change that could feasibly be seen as a change in the attitude of the developer.

Again, I'm not asserting that they are... but the point is, nothing you (or the poster I initially responded to) brought up makes any kind of relevant argument against an assertion that they may have changed tack and have been intentionally milking their patreon for the last year or longer.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
No one can offer real proof on either side of the argument only uncoupled observations. Sure in the eye of public opinion one side can win but that does not make anything true.
In a real investigation where things are actually on the line there is evidence before the presumption of any deed. All that we have is anecdotal observations. (yes anecdotal evidence can convict , but still can be uncoupled from the truth)
Here and in just about every thread where release dates are long the same tired arguments rage on and it does nothing for the community, it adds nothing imo.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Sure, but milking isn't necessarily about need is it? In fact it's usually associated with greed. Whether or not the team necessarily needs the money they are making on donations doesn't really have much bearing on whether greed and/or laziness is driving them to artificially slow development. It makes a strong case that the game wasn't conceived to be milked from the get-go, but the fact that the development has slowed down drastically from when it used to be 1 decent sized update every couple months to only mini content fillers every 6 months for the past year and a half is a change that could feasibly be seen as a change in the attitude of the developer.

Again, I'm not asserting that they are... but the point is, nothing you (or the poster I initially responded to) brought up makes any kind of relevant argument against an assertion that they may have changed tack and have been intentionally milking their patreon for the last year or longer.
It's filler updates every 4 months though ..... And the "normal" updates are also ~4 months each. The only delay you can cry on is not getting the 16:9 new backgrounds and the code rehaul, everything else is bonus you get to pass the time and have something to do, as promised. Whether or not getting ~20 scenes in a year can be considered milking is up to you, be aware most people can and will laugh at you though

Reactions: APoc1

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
It's filler updates every 4 months though ..... And the "normal" updates are also ~4 months each. The only delay you can cry on is not getting the 16:9 new backgrounds and the code rehaul, everything else is bonus you get to pass the time and have something to do, as promised. Whether or not getting ~20 scenes in a year can be considered milking is up to you, be aware most people can and will laugh at you though
For the first couple of years the updates were coming once every 1 or 2 months. version 0.02 dropped in August '16, version 0.03 dropped in September '16, 0.08 in November '16 and 0.09 in December '16. A couple of years in the updates started taking longer, several months between a drop (but the content in the updates were bigger so it made sense). While a tech update does conceivably take a long time, the progress tracker hasn't moved out of the upper 60% completion range for almost a year.

Again, as I've said a couple times, I'm not asserting that they are milking. I'm not personally suffering from impatience for the next version of the game. I'm just pointing out that a lot of the arguments people have posted against the idea that they might be intentionally slowing development aren't actually providing any relevant evidence to the contrary.

I am enjoying the speculation though, and I admit that dark cookie for a long time has been a beacon of quality work, and timely updates with consistently respectable amounts of content. It seemed like STS was going to be one of the first high quality patreon games to actually get seen through to a satisfying end. That's what makes this interesting, a lot of people are emotionally invested in this developer's ethical reputation and in this game's reputation and completion.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm just pointing out that a lot of the arguments people have posted against the idea that they might be intentionally slowing development aren't actually providing any relevant evidence to the contrary.
However, you conveniently don't point out the people aren't providing any relevant evidence when they make the initial argument in favor of the idea that the developer is intentionally slowing. They don't make their case, but instead just whine.

As with all cases involving complaints, the people making the complaints are the ones who have the burden of proof - not the ones who are attempting to refute the scattered buckshot of personal opinions, hunches, and guesses.

And yes, updates are going to take longer and longer for what seems like enough content for an update to be required as the game continues to get larger and larger in content and storyline. It's a logical progression. The more there is already, the more substantial updates need to "make a difference."

Reactions: APoc1

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
However, you conveniently don't point out the people aren't providing any relevant evidence when they make the initial argument in favor of the idea that the developer is intentionally slowing. They don't make their case, but instead just whine.

As with all cases involving complaints, the people making the complaints are the ones who have the burden of proof - not the ones who are attempting to refute the scattered buckshot of personal opinions, hunches, and guesses.

And yes, updates are going to take longer and longer for what seems like enough content for an update to be required as the game continues to get larger and larger in content and storyline. It's a logical progression. The more there is already, the more substantial updates need to "make a difference."
For convenience I had thrown in a few arguments of my own. The progress tracker staying in the upper 60% for a year being the most suggestive. I honestly don't think I've done more than peek at this topic since late 2020, but I'm fairly certain I'm not the first one to bring up how little the progress bar has moved in the last year.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
For convenience I had thrown in a few arguments of my own. The progress tracker staying in the upper 60% for a year being the most suggestive. I honestly don't think I've done more than peek at this topic since late 2020, but I'm fairly certain I'm not the first one to bring up how little the progress bar has moved in the last year.
You know there is a chart, you know it has moved slowly, but you don't know what the work is necessary for that bar to move. That isn't evidence, it's just assumptions based upon no actual knowledge - just that an image isn't updating as fast as some would like.

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
You know there is a chart, you know it has moved slowly, but you don't know what the work is necessary for that bar to move. That isn't evidence, it's just assumptions based upon no actual knowledge - just that an image isn't updating as fast as some would like.
Yes it has moved... but again, overall percentage has gone up 4% or 5% in a year when we got to mid 60% in a handful of months. If you imagine that progress goes as slow moving forward for the tech update as it has for this last year (~5% per year), the tech update won't drop until 2028... that's not an exaggeration.

And apparently I have to say it again, I'm not necessarily asserting that they are deliberately slowing development, I'm just pointing out that there are some indicators that suggest it could be happening. For all I know they will overcome the snag they've been stuck on for the last year and they'll be chugging that last 30% out in a few months.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
So the entire "DC is a milker cause reasons" argument stems from a tracker known to be hot garbage got stuck on the ever increasing # of junk to re-do for months ? How empty and devoid of most anything valid of argumentation can you get ? At least the typical milker's "DC makes ~80k a month, therefore the game should have been finished 3 years ago" has some basis in reality

Last edited:
  • Haha

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Yes it has moved... but again, overall percentage has gone up 4% or 5% in a year when we got to mid 60% in a handful of months. If you imagine that progress goes as slow moving forward for the tech update as it has for this last year (~5% per year), the tech update won't drop until 2028... that's not an exaggeration.

And apparently I have to say it again, I'm not necessarily asserting that they are deliberately slowing development, I'm just pointing out that there are some indicators that suggest it could be happening. For all I know they will overcome the snag they've been stuck on for the last year and they'll be chugging that last 30% out in a few months.
Your second paragraph is akin to "I'm not saying the senator beats his wife, but I am saying I saw her wear a bandaid"
You can claim you aren't making an accusation, but your words say different.

Also, you feel the need to state something false in your attempt to show validity in your statements. The progress tracker was less than 60% near the end of October 2021, 63% in December 2021, and is now at 69%. It hasn't sat in the "upper 60% for a year", like you protest. It has gained almost 10% in the past 6 months. That is still slow (though 4x your assertion), so why the need to exaggerate when you claim you aren't accusing?
(edited)

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Your second paragraph is akin to "I'm not saying the senator beats his wife, but I am saying I saw her wear a bandaid"

Also, you feel the need to state something false in your attempt to show validity in your statements. The progress tracker was less than 60% near the end of October 2021, 63% in December 2021, and is now at 69%. It hasn't sat in the "upper 60% for a year", like you protest. It has gained almost 10% (double the rate you state) in the past year. That is still slow, so why the need to exaggerate when you claim you aren't accusing?
Typical lies. It went up to 70% for a day then got shafted back down to 69% cause DC is obviously trying his best to find ways to delay stuff he finished more than 5 months ago. At least get your memes straight

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017

Also, you feel the need to state something false in your attempt to show validity in your statements. The progress tracker was less than 60% near the end of October 2021, 63% in December 2021, and is now at 69%. It hasn't sat in the "upper 60% for a year", like you protest. It has gained almost 10% (double the rate you state) in the past year. That is still slow, so why the need to exaggerate when you claim you aren't accusing?
Just so you know, the first link you posted was to a post where someone was proclaiming the game itself would soon be 60% done (meaning 60% of the way to full completion, this wasn't a reference to the progress tracker's tech update completion percentage). The 2nd link may or may not be accurate... to be honest I'm going from memory from the last few times I checked the tracker from over a year ago (at which time I'm relatively certain it was sitting at 65%) and it's possible that I've confused myself... I'd be more trusting of this particular (63%) post as a solid recording of what the percentage actually was at the time if they had just said what the percentage was instead of saying a range of 60-63% (suggesting that they weren't actually looking at the tracker).

To address your first point, we can each come to our own conclusion how significant this lengthy a delay might be. Some people might look at the marked lack of progress and find a better analogy would be a senator with a small laceration on their knuckle standing next to their wife with a black eye possibly indicates he's beating her... Going hyperbolically obvious or exceedingly subtle with the analogy doesn't prove a point, it just betrays our opinion on how meaningful the evidence is to us personally.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Going hyperbolically obvious or exceedingly subtle with the analogy doesn't prove a point, it just betrays our opinion on how meaningful the evidence is to us personally.
You're projecting. While I'm a fan of hyperbole - everything I have put forth has been based upon as accurate statements as I can find at the time I am typing them. I cannot state the same for you.

On the other hand, you have provided nothing but your memory and figure of the situation - with no documented evidence to back it up. If anyone is betraying using opinion, it is yourself.

I have put forth information, would be glad to continue if you wish to continue, yourself - but first I ask you submit a couple actual pieces of evidence other than your hypotheses and recollections.

EDIT: Oh, and you're right, I linked the wrong post with that 60%, my apologies. Here's a post referencing it was at 57% in October after a couple of months at 50%. So the progress has actually gone up about 12% in 6 months, not the 10% I stated earlier. Still, it goes to disproving your claim at being in the high 60% for about a year.

EDIT2: and I just saw your hyperbolic dig with the senator having a scrape on his knuckle and his wife's black eye ... again exaggerating what was presented in order for you to attempt to make an unsupported claim.

EDIT3: Progress Chart at 47% in August 21 from 43% in July 21 - not even in the lower 60%. (was editing while you posted the following)

Last edited:

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
So the entire "DC is a milker cause reasons" argument stems from a tracker known to be hot garbage got stuck on the ever increasing # of junk to re-do for months ? How empty and devoid of most anything valid of argumentation can you get ? At least the tyical milker's "DC makes ~80k a month, therefore the game should have been finished 3 years ago" has some basis in reality
If you don't find it suggestive, that's fine. I'm not going to be upset in the least to be proven conclusively that the team is indeed hard at work and the tech update is indeed impending. I tried to make it pretty clear (by saying it 3 times) that I'm not asserting that milking is taking place, just that I can see why some people suspect that it is. The real point of my post was to point out irrelevancies in certain arguments trying to prove that the team couldn't possibly be milking their patreon. I can understand why many people take that to mean I'm asserting that I think the delays are intentional... but that's why I posted the disclaimer (3 times) that I'm not making that asssertion.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes