TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Placeholders aren't a thing? DC has a script, right? And then he creates the assets for that script? While DC is drawing the coder should be making everything ready so that all they have to do is plug in the assets.
You know that dialogue for the game isn't completed right? It's one of the hidden tasks. Dc + another person work on it throughout the update... And even that changes as dc paints / draws new content.

Reactions: DragonWrath

DragonWrath

Donor
Jun 17, 2017
@DragonWrath Where exactly I implied anything about art? I said it would probably speed the things up if he had some pair hands on the game,I believe 1 guy can work on coding or posing.
Posing has to do with art (the various poses, facial expressions, ect that you can find a character in)... And if had you read all the way to the bottom of my post, you could see WHY it wouldn't make sense to get a 2nd coder instead of another artist. To put it bluntly, it is far easier and far quicker to code a scene than it is to make all the art for a scene (just ONE scene) if you have a good coder and the game doesn't contain complex and deep (in-depth) mechanics (which it doesn't). I also explain a few of the other things. The only exception to this is when the Dev is the Coder rather than the artist, but that's not the case here as DC's strength lies in his art, not his coding.

DragonWrath

Donor
Jun 17, 2017
Placeholders aren't a thing? DC has a script, right? And then he creates the assets for that script? While DC is drawing the coder should be making everything ready so that all they have to do is plug in the assets.
It doesn't work like that though because the art/script can easily change at a moment's notice for a variety of reasons. It would just create even more work for the coder as he would then have to re-do or painfully attempt to alter/edit the already completed code. If it's something that calls to multiple things, it can quickly get overwhelming and become a headache. Only DC knows exactly what his vision is and he can try to explain or script it as best he can, but details will always fall through the cracks. The only sure way is to finish the art & posing stuff first, then give it to the coder and tell him "put all this together please". If done any other way, it could potentially take 2-3 times longer (if not more) due to the constant going back to edit, alter, adjust, etc the scenes and such.

code is the main issue reeally
It actually really isn't. The only real issue with the code is that it's buggy (and ren'py engine can be quite buggy it and of itself). If you actually read TCMS's post carefully, you'll see WHY coding isn't the issue (and rarely is aside from various bugs that creep in).

Ok I'm making this post so I don't have to do it again.
  1. Posing is taking the dialogue, adding it to a scene and posing all the characters for each line. Making sure the dialogue matches facial expressions, that characters are in the right location during animations and that scenes flow well. Other things are involved.
  2. The task bars are awful ways to measure what amount is done or isn't done, specially with posing. If a scene is 99% finished, it can stay that way for weeks on end because it's missing the h scenes. And other scenes can't be completed without said scene being done so those get delayed as well.
  3. The main leader on posing forgets to close tasks (lol, love you hurfy ^^).
  4. Posing can only be done when the art is done.
  5. Coding can only be done when posing and the art is completed.
  6. Both can only be done when DC finishes the art.
  7. Art is the most time consuming task so far.
  8. Reading posts before commentating would surely help avoiding comments like these.
  9. About the code being broken I refer to point 8.
    DC: "We have a group of selected users on Discord who are now helping us play-test and QA before releases. Which hopefully means smoother releases that have less game breaking bugs!"
  10. I seriously don't understand why people complain about posing and coding. That's like complaining that the guy that installs the wheels on a car is taking too long... when he doesn't even have a car to put in the wheels yet.
Thank you TCMS, you put this better than I could have ever hoped (and while I mostly knew what posing was, I didn't realize it also included dialogue, although now that I think about it, it's kind of obvious lol).

To everyone else (especially those that think coding is the issue): This is how actual game development works from the indie devs all the way up to Triple AAA blockbuster games. All animations, art, etc has to be done before the coders can put it all together. Like TCMS said, it's hard to put the tires on a car when you don't even have the car yet in the first place.

DragonWrath

Donor
Jun 17, 2017
You know that dialogue for the game isn't completed right? It's one of the hidden tasks. Dc + another person work on it throughout the update... And even that changes as dc paints / draws new content.
Funny how that I hadn't read your posts until just now and we are basically saying the exact same things x'D. It's nice to see another that actually understands game development processes though, for sure.

What should matter is the pace and quality of their releases, not what is taking the longest to finish in each interval.
Very true and I agree with this completely. To be fair, art takes quite a long time (far more than most ever realize) as you have to think up the concept, the scene, the details, the emotions, and so on... Where coding is more make item A sync up with B & C while adding a call to item D for next phase in scene and increase stat E upon completion of scene, etc.

StoneWall

May 20, 2017
How far can you get with Mia? Any farther than studying yet? Or any of the other girls besides tha fam?
Just studying. Only the family members (aunt, mom, sister) can you do anything with. And the woman from the sex shop in the mall. The upcoming update (v13) will be focused on Erik and his mom. The following (v14) will be focused on Mia and her parents.

Reactions: ponyguy

SteelNight

Sep 14, 2016
Tfw people don't understand how game developing works and just say things that make 0 sense.

If any expert could please tell me what can coders code when the art / posing isn't done I'd really appreciate it.
Uhhhh lots depending on how well laid out the development document is. They would have a meeting before each version and use storyboards to lay out the new content planned. Then the coder could start laying down all the links and everything you would need for it with placeholders.

That of course all assumes they go in with some sort of game plan each version and not just winging it.

DragonWrath

Donor
Jun 17, 2017
Uhhhh lots depending on how well laid out the development document is. They would have a meeting before each version and use storyboards to lay out the new content planned. Then the coder could start laying down all the links and everything you would need for it with placeholders.

That of course all assumes they go in with some sort of game plan each version and not just winging it.
And the catch with this game is that the only one with that knowledge is DC, and being an indie dev of his style... There are constant changes to what he decides on for the "final" version of any scene he does. He's got a basic plan but the details come and go as he works on it because it's basically making it up as he goes (for the most part).

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
And the catch with this game is that the only one with that knowledge is DC, and being an indie dev of his style... There are constant changes to what he decides on for the "final" version of any scene he does. He's got a basic plan but the details come and go as he works on it because it's basically making it up as he goes (for the most part).
There's some truth to this, but it can't go without saying that DC seems to have an overall plot in mind that he's laying out. If I had to comment, I'd say that this is the first time that the story can really go in multiple directions, increasing variety instead of the linear play we've seen before.

Reactions: DragonWrath

Davlen

Jul 3, 2017
Found it thanks, think i got all of sister and mom and aunt i think.... just trying to find an updated list of whats missing

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
I have run into 2 problems in this game already that are holding up my progress.

1. There needs to be a tutorial for the pizza delivery game because no matter when I press the pizza to deliver it the guy always says there were complaints and doesnt pay me.

2. I cant for the life of me figure out how to advance further with Judith or the life guard in their sex scenes, I see lots of options for things to do but when I click on them I get Judith's thing saying she is not comfortable and the lifeguard says she doesnt know the guy well enough. Im assuming that there is already a scene for each option because the developer loves using the under construction thing everywhere and clicking those scenes does not show an under construction warning.

Can anyone help me figure out those 2 things? Im not sure about the sex scenes because apparently you cant actually kiss the study girl yet and he has not put an under construction logo on that either.

Reactions: Luxx

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I have run into 2 problems in this game already that are holding up my progress.

1. There needs to be a tutorial for the pizza delivery game because no matter when I press the pizza to deliver it the guy always says there were complaints and doesnt pay me.

2. I cant for the life of me figure out how to advance further with Judith or the life guard in their sex scenes, I see lots of options for things to do but when I click on them I get Judith's thing saying she is not comfortable and the lifeguard says she doesnt know the guy well enough. Im assuming that there is already a scene for each option because the developer loves using the under construction thing everywhere and clicking those scenes does not show an under construction warning.

Can anyone help me figure out those 2 things? Im not sure about the sex scenes because apparently you cant actually kiss the study girl yet and he has not put an under construction logo on that either.

1. Make sure you have the right pizza highlighted before you press on the icon to deliver it also makes sure you are infront of the house as well.

2. You can't do anything past what you have done there is legit no other content with them.

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
just curious guys,
i just played this game again since 11.0 update..
from the changelog i saw there was a new mom scene updates,
is it for the earlier stage of the story or is it a new one? i saw some new scenes i haven't see yet like the laundry one though is that one of the new scene?
tried reading the thread as well for the answers but i didn't get any answer for it or i just missed the post about it :-/

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
just curious guys,
i just played this game again since 11.0 update..
from the changelog i saw there was a new mom scene updates,
is it for the earlier stage of the story or is it a new one? i saw some new scenes i haven't see yet like the laundry one though is that one of the new scene?
tried reading the thread as well for the answers but i didn't get any answer for it or i just missed the post about it :-/
For mom specifically?

Bed scenes are new, the laundrofuck, and she even does shower sex.

This is specifically in regards to the new stuff since 11.0.

Reactions: JetZ

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
For mom specifically?

Bed scenes are new, the laundrofuck, and she even does shower sex.

This is specifically in regards to the new stuff since 11.0.
ah noted thanks man
found the laundry one and bed scene already
so looks like i need to try the shower one as well then

Reactions: ponyguy
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes