zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
The art remake is required for the rig-system which again is required to keep the size of the game small. That on the other hand is really important to keep it workable on andriod going forward. DC mentioned that the number of mobile players has risen dramatically during the last year, so I guess it's not the worst decision. Next to that the very old art was really bad compared to what we've got now anyway.
What are you talking about? If you want to make the images smaller then change their resolution or archive them. You don't need to repaint everything.

Reactions: Mastershake

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Why all the bitching about DC updating the artwork while they redo the code, it is DC's game after all he can do what he likes even including shutting it down if he choose too.
I personally have no problem with that, I think my problem was how, while there are other girls that have no quest lines or story to go with, we're getting more story from characters that already have fairly well developed stories and didn't really need anything added on at this time. I mean hell, I'm still waiting after 2 years for Ronda content, but haven't gotten any.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
What are you talking about? If you want to make the images smaller then change their resolution or archive them. You don't need to repaint everything.
The rig-system isn't about image quality but about posing and the fact that the game needs way less images overall because of it. Before every single sprite/pose was a full image, after the redraw they are usable cutouts which can be combined at will. That's what saves space. Next to that the game is basically already optimized as much as possible so they can't make things smaller without losing quality (if you can, you should really talk to DC, he'd certainly pay you for it).

pallekewling

Aug 23, 2016
I don't think you know as much about game development as you think you do. The reasons for doing what he does in the order he does it are valid. You don't need to understand why.

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
I don't think you know as much about game development as you think you do. The reasons for doing what he does in the order he does it are valid. You don't need to understand why.
I'm not gonna trust a guy that can't even use Ren`py and breaks his own game literally every update that he has the right idea. Lol!
The rig-system isn't about image quality but about posing and the fact that the game needs way less images overall because of it. Before every single sprite/pose was a full image, after the redraw they are usable cutouts which can be combined at will. That's what saves space. Next to that the game is basically already optimized as much as possible so they can't make things smaller without losing quality (if you can, you should really talk to DC, he'd certainly pay you for it).
Alright, and I still don't understand why he does it. Why is reducing the game's size by 10% suddenly such a huge issue for him?

Aug 11, 2017
Can any of DC's crusaders help me understand hat the point of the babies is? They seem to pump them out like tennis balls and then just weirdly dissapear. Does this dude have a black market organ farm or some shit?

Reactions: Rouge-kun

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Alright, and I still don't understand why he does it. Why is reducing the game's size by 10% suddenly such a huge issue for him?
I'd say over time it's way over 10%. Right now every single pose is one full image, even if only a tiny item in the hands or one facial expression changed. By being able to use those assets seperatly and to combine them at will they should be able to reduce the space which is needed by quite a margin. Next to that I'd agree that DC wanted to finally bring the game up to his own standard. If one art, some of the old stuff was pretty bad (Roxxy, Debbie, etc.). I mean, he certainly could have saved time by trying to cut the old art to fit the new rig but that would have been a bad compromise in my opinion.

Reactions: zoneitorboneit

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I'm not gonna trust a guy that can't even use Ren`py and breaks his own game literally every update that he has the right idea. Lol!

It's not just Ren'py. It's a highly customized/modified version of Ren'py. That means that you can't just treat it like a standard Ren'py game. Added to that, DC is not a coder. At least, not a really good one. He had two coders but lost one recently, so one guy is working on that part of the engine, trying to fix old content so that new content works with it.

As for size, there are various reasons. As stated, Android users, for one. It's not as though phones and tablets have huge storage space. Sure, you can add an SD card but not everyone has one or they're already using one that's almost full. Couple that with the actual download, the smaller the size, the less data required to download. Less data being used over metered connections. I'm happy that the game is less than a gig, currently. Most Ren'py games here are so bloated that you're downloading over a gig for not a whole lot of content. Thankfully, we get people who crunch those down into manageable sizes.

May 16, 2018
New incest patch has added on Lewdpatcher
Hi guys! Haven't played this game for a long time due to removal of incest.
Just want to make sure if the incest patch now fully works on all relatives? Will it also fix relationship for the Bestfriend and his mom?
Will appreciate the feedback!
Miss the jenny and aunt update!

One more thing, has there been already an update on mom quest route?

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
It's not just Ren'py. It's a highly customized/modified version of Ren'py. That means that you can't just treat it like a standard Ren'py game. Added to that, DC is not a coder. At least, not a really good one. He had two coders but lost one recently, so one guy is working on that part of the engine, trying to fix old content so that new content works with it.
What do you mean modified?
I'd say over time it's way over 10%. Right now every single pose is one full image, even if only a tiny item in the hands or one facial expression changed. By being able to use those assets seperatly and to combine them at will they should be able to reduce the space which is needed by quite a margin. Next to that I'd agree that DC wanted to finally bring the game up to his own standard. If one art, some of the old stuff was pretty bad (Roxxy, Debbie, etc.). I mean, he certainly could have saved time by trying to cut the old art to fit the new rig but that would have been a bad compromise in my opinion.
Most of those art changes just means removing the pointless lines he added to their faces and fixing their eyebrows.
And no, I don't think it's way over 10% because the images are still not properly compressed even now.

Vibescu

May 16, 2017
Hi guys! Haven't played this game for a long time due to removal of incest.
Just want to make sure if the incest patch now fully works on all relatives? Will it also fix relationship for the Bestfriend and his mom?
Will appreciate the feedback!
Miss the jenny and aunt update!

One more thing, has there been already an update on mom quest route?
From Lewdpatcher:

Content Changed
Restored incest content:
- Changed dialog for mother/sister/aunt
- Replaced some edited images from earlier v0.14

Reactions: IceBearApproves

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
What do you mean modified?

Most of those art changes just means removing the pointless lines he added to their faces and fixing their eyebrows.
And no, I don't think it's way over 10% because the images are still not properly compressed even now.
I don't know the details of the modifications exactly. According to Dogeek, the remaining coder, they're using a lot of in-house code that's pushing the limits of what Ren'py can do.

Source:

We're not talking about the actual art, which did change. We're talking about the rigging of the art.

Before, the early content was redrawn frames for each animation. Now, each animation uses the same piece of base art (body and head) while limbs can be drawn and posed separately, greatly decreasing the size of the game over time as you don't have ten nearly identical frames of animation that are slight pose changes.

If you take a look at some of the character drawings that he works on, you'll notice they're all limbless. I tried to find some real quick but couldn't. Maybe someone else has an example on hand.

Reactions: Chikimaro

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
There is some weird belief within STS fan community, that Renpy needs to be highly customised and require a complex code to add simple minigames to it.
I wish I was joking right now.
They sound just as competent as DC himself.

I don't know the details of the modifications exactly. According to Dogeek, the remaining coder, they're using a lot of in-house code that's pushing the limits of what Ren'py can do.
I actually cannot name you 1 thing they're pushing the engine on. Maybe you can.

And again, the rigging is fine and all that, but he didn't need to actually redo the already existing art. He could have simply used every pose afterwards without modifying existing content.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
They sound just as competent as DC himself.

I actually cannot name you 1 thing they're pushing the engine on. Maybe you can.

And again, the rigging is fine and all that, but he didn't need to actually redo the already existing art. He could have simply used every pose afterwards without modifying existing content.
I couldn't tell you any details because I'm not a member of the team, nor do I have extensive knowledge with Ren'py. I know a bit of C++ but next to nothing about Python. Some, but not enough to fluently do anything in it.

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
I couldn't tell you any details because I'm not a member of the team, nor do I have extensive knowledge with Ren'py. I know a bit of C++ but next to nothing about Python. Some, but not enough to fluently do anything in it.
So then what are you talking about? You're going by a guy's words that literally cannot make a stable build in Ren`py, which is probably the easiest engine to use out there.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes