HB38

Oct 3, 2017
The problem is that people never wanted to just knock up the girls and thats it, everyone wanted to have sex with them while pregnant but you cant do that
Feel free to keep on beign stupid over looking useless features
I'm pretty happy with the Pregnancy system as is - I kind of wish it was more than just random (fertility system would be nice); otherwise I like it.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Mid November? this is an exaggeration. We are already at 96%, at this rate I bet the game arrives before the end of this month.

- Not native at english.
The last couple updates have been pretty buggy even after the q&a phase. Pretty sure when the Roxxy update dropped that was literally the only thing that worked. Everything else was a mess

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The last couple updates have been pretty buggy even after the q&a phase. Pretty sure when the Roxxy update dropped that was literally the only thing that worked. Everything else was a mess
Yeah, if one wants to play Eve's story next update you are fine to play right away, if you want to replay the full game, it's probably better to wait for the fixed version(s). I mean, since there's usually no need to replay old content, it's much harder for them find bugs and locks there, so it makes sense for them to miss some of those. The game is massive by now and retesting everything to that degree probably takes too much time.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hypothetically, if someone was interested in working with Dark Cookie, how might they go about doing that?
you could tell us picarto mods (some of us are registered in this forum as well) and we would tell you on Picarto or contact DC in chat (picarto) in one of his streams but he doesn't really like that as we already answer for him as he ignores alot of those chat messages already cause he has to explain the same stuff over and over again for years now.

I give you a short crash course in what you might have to offer and how to approach the right people.

ART: For now only DC is drawing and if you wanna apply you have to go on his discord and show that you can draw exactly the same way he does. If its not even similar i can give you the answer right away.
NO! It is either exactly his Art style or not happening.
He gets way to many people trying to apply for ART and in the past he always had to rework the ART those people made. So in short he could have done it himself and would have had much less work to do that way.
Therefore you better make sure you can perform on the same level before you send anything to him or you will get a No as an answer right away.

The only one approving or disproving about drawings, Art Style is DC himself. If you can't draw the same way SS looks you can already forget it.

Everything else like Coding, Animation, Testing:
Contact over Discord "Captain Sploosh" and he will look into it for you. He is basically the one who coordinates everyone else and makes sure everyone does his tasks for an update and DC is only working on Art. That way everyone has his own tasks of doing for an update and no one can blame someone else for not having anything to work on for every update.

There are others you can contact but it either ends up to "DC" or to "Captain Sploosh" who will decide anything in that matter.

It brings absolutely nothing to write to Discord Mods as they will only redirect you to Sploosh.

Also they won't teach you anything on the way. You either know already your stuff or the answer is most likely a NO. And i dont know anything about the work schedule either so you better talk to sploosh about anything but i would wait till the update drops before you contact anyone as they get in a way better mood once the update is released and bugfixes are done so you get a better approach.

Hope that helps.

Dogeek

Summertime Saga
Game Developer
Apr 20, 2018
yeah exactly and remember jenny was just a rework so they didn't have to do everything new plus they only had to focus on one character and they had a couple weeks more time.
Not true at all. We redid Jenny from the ground up, and that is why it took so long. Art was redone, sex scenes were redone, all the dialogue, posing and coding was redone from the ground up. As far as we can tell, it was treated just like any 'new' character story was. There's barely any old jenny content left.

Woah, kids? Pregnancy actually does something? I didn't think it was added and they would get broken and I coudln't fuck them anymore, so before every ejaculation I'd smash the SAVE button and reload when they got pregnant. Damn I must be retarded.
You can use the pregnax and cumdoom pills to respectfully increase/decrease your chance to get a kid. The player's pregnancy chance goes from 0, to 0.5 to 1.0, and can go above 1.0 if several pregnancy tries have failed in a row. You get the pills from a small questline at the clinic, unlocked pretty late in Diane's story.

Considering how the game is coded it will be fun to see the compatibility of the saves. Like the theory.
The saving system has been reworked with save compat in mind. Before, the Machine objects were saved directly, which didn't leave much for expansion of those objects later on. Now, Machines are not saved directly, but every time a change happens on them, this change is recorded, and then played back when the save is loaded. Incidently, saves will now take a little bit longer to load (especially with logging enabled), but it's still very manageable (even with logging, it takes about 1.3 seconds to load a save, which is not bad really).

Hypothetically, if someone was interested in working with Dark Cookie, how might they go about doing that?
Do it like I did. I messaged DC, and linked him to my portfolio. After a few weeks, he took me into the team. Now, a very specific set of skills are required, as we're not looking for any writers, posers or coders as far as I know, and if you can't draw exactly like DC draws, it's going to be a resounding no from DC. You can still take a shot though.

I'm pretty happy with the Pregnancy system as is - I kind of wish it was more than just random (fertility system would be nice); otherwise I like it.
It's coming in 0.19. Pregnancies have been reworked to allow a fertility system specific to each machine.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Do it like I did. I messaged DC, and linked him to my portfolio. After a few weeks, he took me into the team. Now, a very specific set of skills are required, as we're not looking for any writers, posers or coders as far as I know, and if you can't draw exactly like DC draws, it's going to be a resounding no from DC. You can still take a shot though.
To be fair till now no one could draw like DC does, thats why he even mentioned its hard to find someone that draws like him cause once you get used to a certain art style you can't change back again on demand its like your personal signature can't be changed once you used it for 20 years. It would be very hard to do so.

As far as i know sploosh mentioned someone for animation would be welcome if he knows what he is doing. Is that still accurate?

Cause if the only open jobs would be animation and drawing. right?

Reactions: BigBobIsHere

Zkorey

Feb 28, 2018
the tracker says 99% but we know that not true at all, at least they should put the tracker on 90%
since it takes a long time to fix the bugs, at least...

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes