Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
''SOON'', could means two months or even latter LMAO
Yes but i counted on friday stream and discord how many times we get asked the release date i counted 94! And that happens daily once it reaches 80% or more.

And the only people who know when the release happens is DC, C.Sploosh and maybe Dogeek. So all we can say is "soon" as we know literally the same as everyone else about a release date.

Which is zero xD

But its funny when you can always count on "soon" its the answer basically to everything xD

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
I've seen that progress percentage go down, so 99% today could be 92% tomorrow.

Better to have it done properly, and no do "alpha" pre-releases like most AAA games nowadays :p

• Haha
Reactions: Zkorey

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
It is 99%. Why are you trying to create an element out of nowhere? If it makes you happy then consider it as 90%.
Better question is why you think reality is drama ?

Most people who've ever touched a keyboard to program know that every bug they fix introduces the chance for more elements to break. It's the rule 0 of programming.

Nov 27, 2017
Do it like I did. I messaged DC, and linked him to my portfolio. After a few weeks, he took me into the team. Now, a very specific set of skills are required, as we're not looking for any writers, posers or coders as far as I know, and if you can't draw exactly like DC draws, it's going to be a resounding no from DC. You can still take a shot though.
I was thinking more along the lines of sound design but if they aren't interested in improving that aspect of the game at this point then I'll look elsewhere

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Better question is why you think reality is drama ?

Most people who've ever touched a keyboard to program know that every bug they fix introduces the chance for more elements to break. It's the rule 0 of programming.
Reality? OK.
Bugfix is a task along with others. Just because it takes longer than other tasks doesn't decrease the whole progress bar to 90%.
Do you know why sometimes loading goes to 99 fast but takes more time to finish that 1%? I am being realistic here.
As for drama, you are right, people are trying to create drama here with giving false information about progress.

Jerghaal

Sep 8, 2018
They will wait for Nov before they release it. It's not been 6 months yet (that's how long it takes for a patch to come out) and 2, they'll wait till the first so money comes in before they release 0.19.

Reactions: Nitren

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Reality? OK.
Bugfix is a task along with others. Just because it takes longer than other tasks doesn't decrease the whole progress bar to 90%.
Do you know why sometimes loading goes to 99 fast but takes more time to finish that 1%? I am being realistic here.
As for drama, you are right, people are trying to create drama here with giving false information about progress.
You do realize there's a massive difference between the precalculated nature of loading which happens in chunks often quickly loading frequently used assets first then storing in memory before passing the data for the executable and talking about "Bug fixes" right ?

Oh no, you probably didn't. You just wanted to pretend and that's fine. But we're talking about bug fixing here so try not to goalpost shift.

Literally everyone knows that while a bugfixing task list might say 75/99 now it can quite easily balloon to 76/300 because as i already stated fixing something more often than not leads to breaking a chain of something else that has to then itself be fixed and tested.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
You do realize there's a massive difference between the precalculated nature of loading which happens in chunks often quickly loading frequently used assets first then storing in memory before passing the data for the executable and talking about "Bug fixes" right ?

Oh no, you probably didn't. You just wanted to pretend and that's fine. But we're talking about bug fixing here so try not to goalpost shift.

Literally everyone knows that while a bugfixing task list might say 75/99 now it can quite easily balloon to 76/300 because as i already stated fixing something more often than not leads to breaking a chain of something else that has to then itself be fixed and tested.
It can happen 76/100000. But this does not change that bugfix progress is just a task. It won't decrease whole progress bar to the 90% mathematically.
You should understand that progress bar shows the tasks not the time.
Keep attacking me man. Oh, BTW, why don't you share your brilliant idea with DC? Say that bug fixing takes a week so you should decrease bar to 90%?
I am not pretending. Passing the data to the executable is the last task of process that's why 99% - 100% takes a little longer. It is the same process. Bug fixing is the last task that takes more time.

Zkorey

Feb 28, 2018
Reality? OK.
I do not know about the others, but I did not provide any false information, just expressed what many think about this delay, you do not need to agree with us, for me there is no difference between the tracker of 99.34, for 90%, the bugs were Almost at the end, out of nowhere more 20 and I think that after it is close again will continue to appear more and more bugs, it was so in the last update if I remember, just not delayed more than this one to be released

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
It can happen 76/100000. But this does not change that bugfix progress is just a task. It won't decrease whole progress bar to the 90% mathematically.
You should understand that progress bar shows the tasks not the time.
Keep attacking me man. Oh, BTW, why don't you share your brilliant idea with DC? Say that bug fixing takes a week so you should decrease bar to 90%?
I am not pretending. Passing the data to the executable is the last task of process that's why 99% - 100% takes a little longer. It is the same process. Bug fixing is the last task that takes more time.
Not only is your math bad, you're just wrong.
It is entirely possible for the total progress tracker which states it's at 99% to become less than that and even regress to 90% and that would be the introduction of roughly 140 bugs that need to be fixed.

Zkorey

Feb 28, 2018

yeah dude, 100% with you on this... totally agree.

Reactions: AngelAIGS

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
One should simply view the whole thing as two seperate trackers and it'll be fine. One that's for development and goes up to 99% once the testing starts (since 100% at that point will make people expect the release any minute, we've been there before) and the other one that's for the bugs and shows the progress in that department. Once all the bugs are done, we are at 100% and the release will happen within hours. In my opinion it's the most reasonable way which causes the least confusion for the average user. Including everything and having the percentage number shift back and forth between 90 and 99% for two weeks may technically be more precise but will only lead to complaints and tons of salt.

That said, no matter which way you choose, there'll always be ways to get it wrong. No tracker? People complain. Tracker without bugtesting? People complain. Tracker with testing? People complain. There's always someone.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Reality? OK.
Bug fixing is a lot like the game kerplunk. Pull the wrong stick and a fuck ton of marbles fall down and you lose. Losing in this scenario is a whooole bunch of new game breaking bugs popping up. QA testing can very, very easily go very, very wrong and could very well drop that completion bar down by a few percentage points due to the sheer volume of bugs that could pop up. Is it likely? No, as it's not like Summertime Saga is a complicated project that implements consistent and radical change between updates. But is it possible for the bug list to balloon out of control? You bet your ass it is. I've been involved in projects where the standard six weeks of QA testing grew into nearly four months.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Not only is your math bad, you're just wrong.
It is entirely possible for the total progress tracker which states it's at 99% to become less than that and even regress to 90% and that would be the introduction of roughly 140 bugs that need to be fixed.
Now my math? Yeah, keep attacking me. I will try to explain very basically. Try to think 100 tasks that each of them presents some work to be done. Now, let's say that 99 of these tasks are completed and there is one left but this little guy takes a bit more time than others. But percentage shows 99% :O what a shocking thing, right? But this last task takes more time it should be 90%, you say? The thing you skip is that progress bar does not care about length of tasks. It just cares about number.
BTW, if you hate it from progress bar then why don't you write a pm to dev?

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Now my math? Yeah, keep attacking me. I will try to explain very basically. Try to think 100 tasks that each of them presents some work to be done. Now, let's say that 99 of these tasks are completed and there is one left but this little guy takes a bit more time than others. But percentage shows 99% :O what a shocking thing, right? But this last task takes more time it should be 90%, you say? The thing you skip is that progress bar does not care about length of tasks. It just cares about number.
BTW, if you hate it from progress bar then why don't you write a pm to dev?
Bro...or Lady, frankly i don't care.
But if you don't understand how a task tracker works don't claim i'm attacking you.

On the last posted tracker there's 151 task and 21 remaining. That's technically not 99% but the dev chose to say it's virutally 99% and i wont fault them for it.
But for you to claim as you did in your post that
Is mathmatically wrong. If you actually added 100,000 task the overall percentage of the tracker would be less than 1%. Hence your math is WRONG. That's not personal that's math.

Also again stop trying to goalpost shift. I've never taken umbrage at the tracker or it's use.
I have however grown annoyed that people have boundless optimism that 99%=100% and keep acting as if they've already dropped the update when that's far from the case. Meanwhile when people use their brains and tell you all to chill you gotta get your panties in a wad.

• Haha

Zkorey

Feb 28, 2018
But if you don't understand how a task tracker works don't claim i'm attacking you.

On the last posted tracker there's 151 task and 21 remaining. That's technically not 99% but the dev chose to say it's virutally 99% and i wont fault them for it.

Is mathmatically wrong. If you actually added 100,000 task the overall percentage of the tracker would be less than 1%. Hence your math is WRONG. That's not personal that's math.

Also again stop trying to goalpost shift. I've never taken umbrage at the tracker or it's use.
I have however grown annoyed that people have boundless optimism that 99%=100% and keep acting as if they've already dropped the update when that's far from the case. Meanwhile when people use their brains and tell you all to chill you gotta get your panties in a wad.
relax ... according to him we have to conclude that because the bar is at 99% is practically ready and will be released in 30 minutes ... obviously he doesn't know how a tasks tracker works
I don't even know why we're wasting time talking about it, too, it's not going to change anything, from progress bar still going to be at 99.34% by the end of the year, let's wait until these and pretend by the time the update is delivered, we're Just blind to see.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016

Update can take months. I am not being optimistic, i am being realistic here. I am more calm than you are. You are doing nothing but to attack me personally. You are not mature enough to discuss. I made my point. But you are still imagining things. Where did i say 100k task? I said that bug fixing can be 76/100k. Bug fixing is one task. In order to complete that 'last(one) task', 76/100k should be completed. I hope you know that every task has works to be completed.
Oh man, this is getting interesting, pls do read and understand what i wrote first.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Update can take months. I am not being optimistic, i am being realistic here. I am more calm than you are. You are doing nothing but to attack me personally. You are not mature enough to discuss. I made my point. But you are still imagining things. Where did i say 100k task? I said that bug fixing can be 76/100k. Bug fixing is one task. In order to complete that 'last(one) task', 76/100k should be completed. I hope you know that every task has works to be completed.
Oh man, this is getting interesting, pls do read and understand what i wrote first.
I did read and i quoted you, and quoted exactly where you said it could be 100k.
It's not personal it's math and you're not being realistic if you deny how math works.

Also, it's funny how you're the one to talk about others maturation. I never once attacked you, i attacked your premises and points. But you're trying to take it to a state of my character. Interesting attempt #3 to goalpost shift.

I'd like you to actually address the topic at hand some time.
Please explain to us how adding 100k to the tracker doesn't lower the total percentage. I'll wait.

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes