Fiddledeedee

Mar 17, 2018
I think this would be the time that someone, aka me, will have to ask you to take your pissing match somewhere else, so us that are searching for actuall information about the game won´t have to rummage trough your, may i say rather pointless, bickering? Please just stick to PM´s instead of flooding the forum (y)

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
I did read and i quoted you, and quoted exactly where you said it could be 100k.
It's not personal it's math and you're not being realistic if you deny how math works.

Also, it's funny how you're the one to talk about others maturation. I never once attacked you, i attacked your premises and points. But you're trying to take it to a state of my character. Interesting attempt #3 to goalpost shift.

I'd like you to actually address the topic at hand some time.
Please explain to us how adding 100k to the tracker doesn't lower the total percentage. I'll wait.
It increases the time but percentage stays same because that 100k bug belongs to 1 task. 1 out of 100 (i know there's more than 100 task. This number is example). This is the 3rd time i explained.

bambam25

Sep 25, 2017
Please explain to us how adding 100k to the tracker doesn't lower the total percentage. I'll wait.
His whole "76/100k " point is talking about bugs (76 bugs fixed/100k bugs total). He believes that bug fixing should be seen as one task. Since the amount of tasks hasn't changed, the percentage shouldn't change. That logic makes sense to me at least since the progress bar is a measure of the percentage of tasks completed instead of actual progress.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
His whole "76/100k " point is talking about bugs (76 bugs fixed/100k bugs total). He believes that bug fixing should be seen as one task. Since the amount of tasks hasn't changed, the percentage shouldn't change. That logic makes sense to me at least since the progress bar is a measure of the percentage of tasks completed instead of actual progress.
That logic is also wrong.
If we were to use that logic then it is 1 of 5 task. Now i hope i don't have to explain how 1 of 5 being incomplete isn't 99%.

The progress tracker is based on the total number of task. Not each subsection of the tracker and not weighting each subsection with an arbitrary value. It's simple math.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
ZTex , the actual progress bar is in the DC's page. If you know things better, go pm him and explain your opinions. I made my point and i am done with you. Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: AngelAIGS

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
They will wait for Nov before they release it. It's not been 6 months yet (that's how long it takes for a patch to come out) and 2, they'll wait till the first so money comes in before they release 0.19.
I posted several times already that this is not true. For over two years any major update took around four to five months (not six), followed by a minor update taking about six weeks.

Reactions: AngelAIGS and HB38

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I was thinking more along the lines of sound design but if they aren't interested in improving that aspect of the game at this point then I'll look elsewhere
As far as i'm aware there is no real sound (aside from background music etc) or sound designer team for that matter present at the time. You could therefore bring up a portfolio and suggest that to DC that this could improve the game. DC is a very nice guy maybe you can convince him to add that in the future?

I say its worth a shot :)

They will wait for Nov before they release it. It's not been 6 months yet (that's how long it takes for a patch to come out) and 2, they'll wait till the first so money comes in before they release 0.19.
untrue and no update so far took 6 months. The longest was 5 months cause the guy working on animations was not working and could not be contacted for weeks so DC had to get a new more reliable guy to do the job while also being tossed in an already running project at the same time.
Not an easy task considering the fact that the new guy had to adapt and make everything work while fresh to the team and getting introduced to a team where everyone has certain tasks to do.

This means he has to know who to contact and how if something is not working or missing so he can do his job properly while at the same time getting familiar with what was done so far and what to add this time.

Reactions: BigBobIsHere

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
No you didn't make a point. You tried to argue math and did so horribly.
Again, i don't care about this but you got overly senstive when people tried to warn you about being overly excited about 99% and tried to squash their voice. It failed because you failed to articulate yourself and your point.

I understand how progress trackers and percents work. I'm sorry you don't and want to argue that you can add 100k task and the % value will remain the same. That's not how math works and it's certainly not how a progress tracker works.

There's also no case where you can argue that 1 portion of the progress tracker is a special case that gets a unique weighting to how its percentage is calculated when you can just go to DC's page yourself and do the math.
I will let mods deal with you. As i said , i made my point and i am done with you. Enjoy.

Jerghaal

Sep 8, 2018
I posted several times already that this is not true. For over two years any major update took around four to five months (not six), followed by a minor update taking about six weeks.
Sorry to say but the aunt patch was in November last year, the Sister patch was in May this year. Now I don't count those minor patches, that to me is 6 months. Now we are in October ANOTHER 6 months. I get it, you love the game, I like it too but, I will not defend them for lack of content.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
Sorry to say but the aunt patch was in November last year, the Sister patch was in May this year. Now I don't count those minor patches, that to me is 6 months. Now we are in October ANOTHER 6 months. I get it, you love the game, I like it too but, I will not defend them for lack of content.
I mean, just because you can't count correctly doesn't mean everyone else is wrong.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
If five months and less than two weeks are six months for you, then you are right. If you don't count minor updates, that is.

0.19.0: 99% complete as of October 14th 2019-> 4+ months for almost the release
0.18.5: June 4th 2019 (Jenny 2) -> 1 month
0.18.0: May 2nd 2019 (Jenny) -> 4.5 months
0.17.5: Dec 16th 2018 (Daisy) -> 1- month
0.17.0: Nov 23rd 2018 (Diane) -> 4 months
0.16.0: July 25th 2018 (Roxxy) -> 3+ months
0.15.1: April 15th 2018 (teachers) -> 4 months
0.14.5: December 19th 2017 (Debbie) -> 1.5 months
0.14.3: November 1st 2017 (Aqua) -> 0.5 months
0.14: October 13th 2017 (Mia) -> 2- months
0.13: August 21st 2017 (Erik)

Maybe, especially for you, they should split the major updates by half and add some content to the minor ones. Would not change a bit in development speed, but your whole "I don't care about minor updates" attitude would need some re-thinking...

What I also stated several times before is that the overall quality massively improved with the last updates. Maybe you would be even happier with the old three-frames animations, if the updates come a week earlier. And of course you don't mind about unnecessary things like bug fixing and stuff.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I would prefer you would stop lying. Patches need alot of work and not counting the in between bugfix patches is downright insulting to the entire dev team which are from time to time present in this forum.
You don't count minor patches cause you don't want to realise that those patches need work as well and so do bugfixes in between each release which would render your 6 months arguments useless instantly.

The benefits of being a mod on picarto for some time now is that you get to know people on discord and on picarto which means i got a little more insight to everything then the rest does. Also i am a patreon for SS so here are the facts.

Nov. 23, 2018 was Aunt 17.0 release.
Nov. 29, 2018 hotfix release.
Dec. 16, 2018 Surprise Christmas release.
Feb 1, 2019 Lot of characters got reworked.
Feb 17, 2019 Site update and new patreon tiers.
May 2, 2019 Sister 18.0 release.
May 4, 2019 Hotfix release.
June 4, 2019 Sister 18.5 release

So regardless how you look at this it never took 6 months for a release. By your logic (where only a full release counts) we get only 2 updates per year which is factually untrue.

And if you would be on discord from time to time you would realise that the people working on this project are not machines either and even with that they provide alot of stuff in between i didnt list because there is no reason to do so.

The numbers don't lie. You either accept the facts or you don't. Everyone can look up the facts for himself.

Jerghaal

Sep 8, 2018
If five months and less than two weeks are six months for you, then you are right. If you don't count minor updates, that is.

0.19.0: 99% complete as of October 14th 2019-> 4+ months for almost the release
0.18.5: June 4th 2019 (Jenny 2) -> 1 month
0.18.0: May 2nd 2019 (Jenny) -> 4.5 months
0.17.5: Dec 16th 2018 (Daisy) -> 1- month
0.17.0: Nov 23rd 2018 (Diane) -> 4 months
0.16.0: July 25th 2018 (Roxxy) -> 3+ months
0.15.1: April 15th 2018 (teachers) -> 4 months
0.14.5: December 19th 2017 (Debbie) -> 1.5 months
0.14.3: November 1st 2017 (Aqua) -> 0.5 months
0.14: October 13th 2017 (Mia) -> 2- months
0.13: August 21st 2017 (Erik)

Maybe, especially for you, they should split the major updates by half and add some content to the minor ones. Would not change a bit in development speed, but your whole "I don't care about minor updates" attitude would need some re-thinking...

What I also stated several times before is that the overall quality massively improved with the last updates. Maybe you would be even happier with the old three-frames animations, if the updates come a week earlier. And of course you don't mind about unnecessary things like bug fixing and stuff.
Good for you if you like the updates then, I would have preferred the old three frames with more added towards finishing this story then going back doing a redo. Yes you're right i don't count the small 3-4 things added with minor bug fixes as worthwhile.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
What i wanted to say (not sure if someone already said so) Rhonda won the 0.21 poll so she is going to be the next character which gets a full story.

And yes sorry if someone already posted that but in the last few pages i kinda got lost xD

Reactions: srksrk 68
4.10 star(s) 356 Votes