lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
I mean, girls can be insecure about anything, especially on a pretty big mark on their bodies. I mean, I have a cousin which has a pretty bad self-esteem because she has a mole on her chest (and she's actually pretty beautiful), I think her justifications over being insecure are pretty much valid.
Thanks for that. There are some people on this thread that simply can't understand this is actually a real thing, just because it might be silly for them that someone would hate their bodies due to such a "silly" thing. That's the entire point they're missing. It's not silly and you cannot dismiss that.

Cherry Bomb

Mar 19, 2018
But, for real, the only thing I wouldn't want for all this situation is brainless people claiming that "giving a option of choose" "decreases trains(sic) visibility".
I can agree there. I wasn't trying to say it for some kind of visibility angle, more or less the way the story is written made it sound to me like her status is what set her parents off,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Its not so much that the the option they went with is impossible to fit in the story they wrote for her but more that it feels very undercooked if you catch my meaning.

Thanks for that. There are some people on this thread that simply can't understand this is actually a real thing, just because it might be silly for them that someone would hate their bodies due to such a "silly" thing. That's the entire point they're missing. It's not silly and you cannot dismiss that.
Its not the part about being self-conscious that I think isn't too well done, its the story in its entirety. When you put everything together in a line I just feel like the "I have a massive scar" angle doesn't do everything else justice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ungawa and Laziness

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
When you put everything together in a line I just feel like the "I have a massive scar" angle doesn't do everything else justice.
How come? You just read something about a real girl who felt the same way due to a simple mole on her chest. How hard is it to understand that people can think their bodies are horrible and be ashamed of it because of things like this? It happens and that is the entire point of Body dysmorphic disorder and self-consciousness.

Cherry Bomb

Mar 19, 2018
Why not? You just read something about a real girl who felt the same way due to a simple mole on her chest. How hard is it to understand that people can think their bodies are horrible and be ashamed of it because of things like this? It happens and that is the entire point of Body dysmorphic disorder.
Because the story isn't solely about just her body. Yes, self-image is a pretty big deal but there's literally an entire chunk of her story that is dedicated to discussing if your character would suck dick if you liked someones personality enough which was so on the nose that I knew immediately after it was brought up what was happening.

Like I said, its not the self-esteem part I don't understand, its LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE. She has an entire story you know, lol.

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
I can agree there. I wasn't trying to say it for some kind of visibility angle, more or less the way the story is written made it sound to me like her status is what set her parents off,

Its not so much that the the option they went with is impossible to fit in the story they wrote for her but more that it feels very undercooked if you catch my meaning.

Its not the part about being self-conscious that I think isn't too well done, its the story in its entirety. When you put everything together in a line I just feel like the "I have a massive scar" angle doesn't do everything else justice.
Uhnn... I'll had to replay the whole stuff in some moment or other (I wish that the update wasn't so buggy right now), but judging with raw eyes, the option of her being female fits the story for me.

When the stable update were released, when I reach at that point, I'll make two separated saves and post my impressions later.

RyanLion001

Aug 26, 2018
Anyone else randomly Eve's one of Eve's scene? I think it's the fifth one. I played through her whole story yet the cookie jar only shows 1-4 then 6 if I have my count right from when I last played.

Is this due to the choice you have to make with Eve, can you not get one scene if you go one way instead of the other?

Cherry Bomb

Mar 19, 2018
Uhnn... I'll had to replay the whole stuff in some moment or other (I wish that the update wasn't so buggy right now), but judging with raw eyes, the option of her being female fits the story for me.

When the stable update were released, when I reach at that point, I'll make two separated saves and post my impressions later.

rengohengo94

Mar 1, 2018
hm well shit, that would've saved me a shit ton of time earlier, i appreciate the info but i don't have it in me to give this game another go until a further version.
tried to replay from scratch since i didnt do it for a long time and that bug with the yoga lesson is still blocking any further progress for that branch which is said as 19.1 implys they fixed that :/ have to wait for 19.2 or even 19.5 if they dont do another bugfix

Reactions: dboy203

tyknjinq

Apr 6, 2018
although i dont like futa/trap content,
but i like it when dc & team make return "optional" path, such as mia's story & erik-mrs.j's story,
it gives me "replay" value, like another game (like business of loving ; rp & dg path)
tks.
keep your creativity working

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
Like I keep saying, I'm not saying it doesn't fit in a "wow, this is completely out of left field" way but more in a "wow, that was anti-climactic" way. The way everything is set up makes the actual scar feel like it lacks impact.
That is the point though. People like you react as if it's something silly and it doesn't matter, which is exactly how most people in the world react in real life when they see it themselves.

It feels anti-climatic to you, because you have no idea of what it's like to feel that way, you can't even put yourself in that person's place to think a little bit. You're just judging from an outside point of view.

It's just a scar, but that thing has a lot more meaning to the person that has it than to anybody else.

Reactions: BigBobIsHere

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018

I think I'll have to do the same. Now that I know what's coming, I'll see how well the buildup applies to the scar.

rengohengo94

Mar 1, 2018
I agree that the story isn't well written on that part, but I don't think that the story weights on her being a trans/futa. I mean, girls can be insecure about anything, especially on a pretty big mark on their bodies. I mean, I have a cousin which has a pretty bad self-esteem because she has a mole on her chest (and she's actually pretty beautiful), I think her justifications over being insecure are pretty much valid.

Following the story after that she felt relieved when she heard that her parents died could imply anything, since they hated her for trying to emulate Grace's style till they trying to suffocate her to follow rules that she wasn't interested in the first place - and that could be anything, like military rules, religion aspects and traditions.

It's not like I liked what they did with her, because she is a fan-favorite character and wasn't implying anywhere so far that she could be a trans, but if that was the case, then probably DC shouldn't give an option for that.

But, for real, the only thing I wouldn't want for all this situation is brainless people claiming that "giving a option of choose" "decreases trains(sic) visibility".
lets be honest when dc created that character it was meant to also be a girl not a trans thats how i feel about it those things evolved pretty much when he later on said there is a trap in the school probably as a joke first but ppl actually wanted that so he delivered, you can easily miss that option too and when i play a new update for the first time i pay attention too pretty much anything and there have been zero hints to her being a trap/trans just a small tease ONCE after the branchingalert for the option and never again the option is fine for people who like that but unless dc says otherwise ppl should stop making up she was meant to be a trap all along

Cherry Bomb

Mar 19, 2018
That is the point though. People like you react as if it's something silly and it doesn't matter, which is exactly how most people in the world react in real life when they see it themselves.

It feels anti-climatic to you, because you have no idea of what it's like to feel that way, you can't even put yourself in that person's place to think a little bit. You're just judging from an outside point of view.

It's just a scar, but that thing has a lot more meaning to the person that has it than to anybody else.
Please, stop quoting me if you aren't even going to read what I'm saying. You're just replying to a point you want me to have made instead of actually reading my actual problems. Its very annoying to constantly have to correct your statements just for you to completely ignoring the correction and continue on as if I've said nothing.

Reactions: nevt2050ptr

rengohengo94

Mar 1, 2018
Anyone else randomly Eve's one of Eve's scene? I think it's the fifth one. I played through her whole story yet the cookie jar only shows 1-4 then 6 if I have my count right from when I last played.

Is this due to the choice you have to make with Eve, can you not get one scene if you go one way instead of the other?
you can have sex with her on her origina cum scene if you visit her a few times thats the scene

TGH316

Sep 21, 2018
I haven't seen this answered so I figured it's ok to ask (sorry if it has been answered but I didn't look deep enough back) in the cookie jar page it says I'm missing the 2nd Eve scene and the 2nd Odette scene, can anyone tell me how I get them?

hhghhge

Sep 9, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/locations/diane_s_home/barn/barn.rpy", line 84, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 351, in main
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 255, in call_screen
Exception: DynamicImage u'characters/diane/buttons/character_diane_[M_diane.outfit.get][M_diane.pregnancy.to_string].png': could not find image. (u'characters/diane/buttons/character_diane_dressed.png')
anyone can fix this pls

Cherry Bomb

Mar 19, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/locations/diane_s_home/barn/barn.rpy", line 84, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 351, in main
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 255, in call_screen
Exception: DynamicImage u'characters/diane/buttons/character_diane_[M_diane.outfit.get][M_diane.pregnancy.to_string].png': could not find image. (u'characters/diane/buttons/character_diane_dressed.png')
anyone can fix this pls
I'm not coder but it sounds like theres just some files missing. Redownloading the files and overwriting whats there would probably fix it?

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017

You're missing the point being made about the story.

What they're saying is the fact that the story is feeling disconnected in parts and pointing out that it needs a few things fixed under the hood to make it vibe better.

This is certainly understandable because DC and crew are taking a risk with telling two distinct but very similar stories which would have similar outcomes. The question would be how you tell the story.

This isn't about how the player should feel. The problem here is indeed that telling these stories with the same beats at the same time can make one or the other feel off if it needs to be longer or shorter in parts. I'd say that getting a different incentive for the insecurity on one could make the difference or taking a new direction so that both are intriguing are certainly aspects to explore in storytelling.

Reactions: Cherry Bomb

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
I think I've found another bug: When I'm talking with Harold in the Police Station, Yumi says one specific kind of Donut, but Harold doesn't accept and gives to Earl.

That, together with Crystal arrest, Dexter's missing book and Barn problems makes the 4th bug I've found.

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes