Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
None of that matters when the game is free. Plus I bet you’re not even a patron so why do you even care.
The fact that the game is free is not a factor, the amount of money being generated is of a sufficient amount that in my view the developer should hold him or herself to a higher standard than the guy making 50 bucks a month from some hobby project. Things like the quality of the game, the amount of money generated, the subject matter, etc - These are all factors that each person has a subjective opinion on and in mine the developer is not being professional when they generate the kind of money they do and then fail to update on a regular basis.

f95zoneguy

Jan 14, 2018
i kinda wish there were more people working on the project. i used to think one guy on art was the bottleneck but i dont know anymore. are all the other members doing this full time? i dont mind waiting, but something seems inefficient for the releases to be this slow

Reactions: susyluny and fanboi

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
The fact that the game is free is not a factor, the amount of money being generated is of a sufficient amount that in my view the developer should hold him or herself to a higher standard than the guy making 50 bucks a month from some hobby project. Things like the quality of the game, the amount of money generated, the subject matter, etc - These are all factors that each person has a subjective opinion on and in mine the developer is not being professional when they generate the kind of money they do and then fail to update on a regular basis.
The DO update on a regular basis. And fortunately it's not your opinion that counts.

You might want to explain what on earth should force DC to hire more team members or work harder himself. This game is his baby, and nobody has the right to demand him to do any such thing, might he earn 60K or even 1M a month. He is not your slave. Don't donate if you are not satisfied, but apparently, many people are satisfied enough to give him money.

This is not how Patreon works. Patrons are not paying to get a thing done. A thing gets done, and Patrons pay because they are satisfied, or don't if not. Especially in this case, where the game is free for everybody.

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
They do update on a regular basis every four months. Also the rest of your post is utter nonsense

Reactions: Vibescu

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
The DO update on a regular basis. And fortunately it's not your opinion that counts.

You might want to explain what on earth should force DC to hire more team members or work harder himself. This game is his baby, and nobody has the right to demand him to do any such thing, might he earn 60K or even 1M a month. He is not your slave. Don't donate if you are not satisfied, but apparently, many people are satisfied enough to give him money.

This is not how Patreon works. Patrons are not paying to get a thing done. A thing gets done, and Patrons pay because they are satisfied, or don't if not. Especially in this case, where the game is free for everybody.
So in order to express an opinion, you need to use force?. I think you fail to understand the definition of opinion or professionalism for that matter. I stand by what I said. No force needed, just stating an opinion that the developer lacks professionalism when generating over 200k without an update to a basic game. The developer is not inventing the cure for cancer, it is a game and nothing more. More than I can do for sure but again I am not the one getting the $200k.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
So in order to express an opinion, you need to use force?. I think you fail to understand the definition of opinion or professionalism for that matter. I stand by what I said. No force needed, just stating an opinion that the developer lacks professionalism when generating over 200k without an update to a basic game. The developer is not inventing the cure for cancer, it is a game and nothing more. More than I can do for sure but again I am not the one getting the $200k.
You're the guy watching Sunday football who yells at the T.V. that the players are doing it wrong.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
DC is quite consistent in the speed at which he produces. He's slow, yes, but the speed at which the releases come out are roughly the same each time. He is used to release every 6 weeks-ish, now he releases more content, but it's produced at roughly the same speed. Anyone who says otherwise just hasn't been paying attention or is just flat out lying.

Last edited:

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
Omg guys can you stop bitching about the slow updates from DC, ffs.

First of all if you paid to be his patron and later on you're disappointed with the slow updates coming from DC then you can come here and write a freakin novel on how slow he is and how he milks people's money with this kinda slow updates,but don't freaking come here and start saying that he's slow on getting updates done because you don't know the full story,ya know...having a child is one thing but having three childs that's a challenge that no one of you are ready...jusr think about it...you're a game dev and for example your child is sick, would you rather working on getting updates for SS or take care of a child...JUST THINK ABOUT IT.

Second of all that bs of being jealous of how much money he makes from SS it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS because the GAME IS FREE and instead of being jealous just start working somewhere and earn money or start making your own game, it doesn't matter how slow the updates are but how much love and content puts in them...one example is Roxxy and Eve's updates, they're storylines was so nice made and i bet Maria and the Rump family storyline will be even better, if you can't wait for the new update to be released just take a break,play some other games but don't come here and pretend to be a boss or whatever of DC and start accusing him or spread a bunch of negative things about the game because the game is a masterpiece and so far i haven't seen a game better made than SS.

And Mr Dave98424 don't talk about professionalism with a guy(I'm mentioning DC) that he works for so much months/years that at the time he released SS you still had a biberon in your mouth.

Why is it so hard for you guys to just ENJOY THE GODDAMN GAME while it's free rather than bitching about everything about it ?

If you haven't paid to be DC's patron your opinion doesn't matter.

And again just FAP MORE OFTEN AND ENJOY THE GAME.

Thanks for the attention and have a good fap day.

Knight001

May 29, 2018
Notice: Complaining about the complainers is likely gonna cause more complaining.
Just ignore them, seriously. Best thing you can do, because they're likely to still bitch.
Not saying I agree with them, mind you, but I know it ain't gonna do anything if y'complain.

dragonangel

Jan 15, 2019
Notice: Complaining about the complainers is likely gonna cause more complaining.
Just ignore them, seriously. Best thing you can do, because they're likely to still bitch.
Not saying I agree with them, mind you, but I know it ain't gonna do anything if y'complain.
Like the old wiseman say: "Don't feed the Troll"

Last edited:

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
Ahhh I've returned to see that nothing has changed at all. People continuously whining about "long, irregular" updates. People thinking they are somehow owed... well anything really from DC. And people who are irrationally upset about the amount of money OTHER people are WILLINGLY donating to him and his team for the work they do, which they then enjoy for FREE. Yes, the self importance in this thread ages like a fine wine...

Hegoz

Jul 28, 2019
I think most people complain because they really think that at that point and with the engagement from the patrons, DC would have gotten a more professional touch on how the game is being developed. While saying DC is very involved is true, it's also true that with the cash input, he could have created a real team to work on the game much more than what is currently being done, and that comes out as very frustrating for a lot of people, including a part of patrons. I do understand both sides, and don't complain about each one of them as I'm both happy for DC to have found his way, and sad that the game doesn't get more releases as I know could be done. Dogeek's case being a good example of that.
In the end, it's DC's project and whatever is done depends on him, so attacking or defending him, both of these arguments have no point. And at that point, he would have already changed if he wanted to. So, play the game, donate if you like it and can afford to, and just enjoy some awesome content when it's made available. And if you are frustrated by the lack of updates, download another game, there's plenty available here.

Reactions: srksrk 68

Somnus

Oct 12, 2017
Once you discover OTHER great games besides SS (Melody, Dating my Daughter, Depraved Awakening, Broken Dreamers, Being a DIK for me), the waiting process of a new DC's update becomes child's play. If you're only into 2D art, go to Hentai Foundry. Works as well.

Reactions: Filipe86

Vibescu

May 16, 2017
Incorporating artists to draw or color in an ongoing project is a bad idea. DC would be forced to spend less time drawing to supervise the artists' work. Also, it is important to maintain homogeneity in the visual aspect.

If you think that with $50,000 monthly you can hire a whole team of cartoonists full time, you are hallucinating. In addition to salaries you have to pay taxes. Hiring is very expensive. Without forgetting, of course, that there has to be money left to live on.

Reactions: srksrk 68

Ed C

May 15, 2017
As I was just checking in to see if there were any movement, it occurs to me that the same feelings that occupy some patron projects probably mirrored back in the 1400's or whenever patronage was invented. I can imagine people getting so mad at Mozart for being too slow in writing his god damn symphonies.

TheAnimence8

Oct 15, 2016
at this point I don't know whats funnier, people getting mad at the lack of an update, or people getting mad at the people mad at a lack of an update :D

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes