Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
How hard is it for people to realize when DC says it’s the biggest update ever he not taking about the amount sex scenes but the overall amount art, writing, coding, and what ever else goes on behind scenes of the game that we don’t know about.
Because, sadly, some people only count sexual content as content and not proper storytelling or even the numerous bits of scandalous "slice of life" stuff that always makes it into each update. They want saves to unlock all the scenes or to be able to skip past the conversations because TITS NOW.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
The one thing I will say is generally updates have gotten a LOT better, and the family characters ended up being the most boring.
That's true for Debbie (still missing update) and Diane (was the weakest of the new reg system), but definitly not for Jenny (you may either love or hate her, but it's by far the biggest update in terms of content and story).

Reactions: KillerKlown

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
That's true for Debbie (still missing update) and Diane (was the weakest of the new reg system), but definitly not for Jenny (you may either love or hate her, but it's by far the biggest update in terms of content and story).
I thought this next update was going to have new Debbie content, since it's all about the main story.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I thought this next update was going to have new Debbie content, since it's all about the main story.
Yes and no. We can be sure that her story will be influenced by the main story as she's part of it. But as of now there's been no indication that her "later story" parts and sex scenes would change. So there likely won't be new scenes for her.

Reactions: {0__0}

Drill Sergeant

May 9, 2019
yes i just dont get Diane's scenes. when mc has late night fun with debbie diane just sits in the couch and stares at the tv. if a small scene could be put there it could fill the gap and make the game a bit more filled. i mean its pointless she there just sitting in her lingerie and staring at the blue screen. i havent played the latest update so i dont know if any scene has been put there or not. every other family characters had scenes in the couch i think.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Yes and no. We can be sure that her story will be influenced by the main story as she's part of it. But as of now there's been no indication that her "later story" parts and sex scenes would change. So there likely won't be new scenes for her.
Well damn. Was kinda looking forward to her pregnancy. Oh well, at least we'll get to conclude the main story finally. :)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well damn. Was kinda looking forward to her pregnancy. Oh well, at least we'll get to conclude the main story finally. :)
Yeah, Debbie is in a similar spot as Jenny was before and she'll basically need a whole rather large update to sort everything out and to replace her older scenes. But I'd say there's hope that they'll rework/change her early story in those coming two updates. 0.20.5 on the other hand will be about the Rumps, the bank teller and the daughter of the mafia boss.

Kovenant

Jan 28, 2020
I don't personally agree, but I've seen a fair number of other people say that here, and I don't think your opinion is controversial. Both updates were good, a lot of it is personal taste.
Eve's & Roxxy's routes are what I like most in SS. Can't really say which is better, I like them both.

Reactions: Morah SDG

TheAnimence8

Oct 15, 2016
Eve's & Roxxy's routes are what I like most in SS. Can't really say which is better, I like them both.
personally, I liked Roxy's a little bit more, but both were pretty good imo. That being said taste is subjective and I personally can't wait for the next update, also jesus it's been almost 4 years since this game first came around. I remember when Diane hardly had any content and how DC was making minor content updates for her.
Here's to another 4 years of SS :D

Reactions: Keitaro420

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
You have a corrupted save file in your save directory. To find the one causing problems, first go search for one that has 0 (zero) bytes of size. Delete those and try again. Do not forget the saves in directory %appdata%\renpy\summertimesaga.

If it still does not work, make a backup of all the saves and delete the files until it works again. Most likely one of the latest saves makes the problem if it worked before.

Reason might be a crash of the game or your computer, or (in worst case) harddisk failure.

You could also install my mod (see signature), which should have a fix against crashes related to corrupt saves.

AJ420

Aug 9, 2019
You have a corrupted save file in your save directory. To find the one causing problems, first go search for one that has 0 (zero) bytes of size. Delete those and try again. Do not forget the saves in directory %appdata%\renpy\summertimesaga.

If it still does not work, make a backup of all the saves and delete the files until it works again. Most likely one of the latest saves makes the problem if it worked before.

Reason might be a crash of the game or your computer, or (in worst case) harddisk failure.

You could also install my mod (see signature), which should have a fix against crashes related to corrupt saves.
you saved my day
thanks a lot, it worked

May 26, 2019
Doing Eves path on a clean save. What happens during the never have i ever if you've gone down another girls path before? One of the questions are "never have I ever had sex" is it an awkward clunky thing or does the MC actually drink?
I know this is a very late response but with regards to the "never have I ever" scene, as of version 0.19.5, if you have slept with other girls the MC will admit it and Eve will look a little sad!

In version 0.19.1, the MC would declare he's a virgin no matter what! But I think this was changed with version 0.19.5 because I'm playing version 0.19.5 and my MC admits to having had sex!

I don't think this drastically changes the story line or the Eve route progression but seeing Eve sad like that FeelsBadMan!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I know this is a very late response but with regards to the "never have I ever" scene, as of version 0.19.5, if you have slept with other girls the MC will admit it and Eve will look a little sad!

In version 0.19.1, the MC would declare he's a virgin no matter what! But I think this was changed with version 0.19.5 because I'm playing version 0.19.5 and my MC admits to having had sex!

I don't think this drastically changes the story line or the Eve route progression but seeing Eve sad like that FeelsBadMan!
Are you playing with Naughty Tribute Mod? I fixed that there. The bug is still in vanilla game AFAIK.

Reactions: otranu
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes