Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Mafia boss' lair. Unless he has that much $ and he splurged it all for a cabin in the woods

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Has the dev disclosed any new info about saves compatibility for the upcoming release?
Technically it should be compatible, but given that we seem to get a reworked intro/tutorial I have no idea whether it'll go smoothly. Having said that, I'm sure we'll get a fitting save from DC's homepage this time in any case.

Reactions: cx155

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Technically it should be compatible, but given that we seem to get a reworked intro/tutorial I have no idea whether it'll go smoothly. Having said that, I'm sure we'll get a fitting save from DC's homepage this time in any case.
Thanks for the answer.
I want to clarify that my intention is to start all over once the save compatibility is 100% functional. So let's say I'll start a new game on v0.21, will the save carry over to v0.22 flawlessly?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Probably not, since 0.21 and 0.22 will rewrite/remake most of the beginning ..... Until DC stops remaking early parts of the game, save comp is 50/50 at best and a total disaster at worst. Then you'll get noodles who go from before 0.19 to 0.22, melt their PC, come here crying their game just deleted itself from their HDD and still wonder why random routes reset themselves every time they try to load their save

As for 0.20.1 to 0.20.5, it shouldn't be that bad since you just continue from where you left off. Although we never know with DC and his wonky coding

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Probably not, since 0.21 and 0.22 will rewrite/remake most of the beginning ..... Until DC stops remaking early parts of the game, save comp is 50/50 at best and a total disaster at worst. Then you'll get noodles who go from before 0.19 to 0.22, melt their PC, come here crying their game just deleted itself from their HDD and still wonder why random routes reset themselves every time they try to load their save

As for 0.20.1 to 0.20.5, it shouldn't be that bad since you just continue from where you left off. Although we never know with DC and his wonky coding
That's a bummer...
I mean, I think they should prioritize this aspect of the game (other devs managed to do so, so it is actually feasible).
I know you can get to the new content relatively easy right from the start, but it is still a hassle to play the old routes over and over again if you want to relive some scenes. Given the size of the town, the number of characters already present in the game (with much more to come) and the current status of the development, we'll hardly have a completed game earlier than 2027... I don't really want to wait for that much before fully enjoying this game...

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The old meme-level point of having to replay every route every time a new build comes out is mostly that : a meme. You keep everything already unlocked in the jar, the new route is most of the time unlocked within the 1st week of playing (takes about 5 mins every 4 months, the horror) and you're wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less likely to bugout at random by not using some wonky save/version combo crossover. The only thing you'd lose every build is your progress mid-route(s), which is laughably easy to counter : just finish your junk in whatever build you got and only start anew when you're done. Anything outside of these is pure childish tantrum/DC blows and/or is a milking scamlord whinings

Nov 10, 2017
i agree, having to start a new save every update isn't that deep. I mean the updates release every 4-6 months so having to replay a couple hours content (probably less if you skip through stuff you've already done and/or stuff not needed for the new updates) is not a big deal at all

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Hours ? Takes about 15 mins to go from nothing to 0.20's content, even if you don't skip text

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
The only thing you'd lose every build is your progress mid-route(s), which is laughably easy to counter : just finish your junk in whatever build you got and only start anew when you're done.
Is this statement true (read: confirmed by the devs) or just your supposition?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Neither, it's just how the game works. Your mid-route save is the thing that will fuck up, the jar is a different file. If you finish the route (so you have all the scenes in that route) in the older build, those scenes will be unlocked when you go over the new version. Your save might not work, but the route is done and you got all the scenes from it, so why would you moan about having to restart if you got all you needed already ? That's a good reason to laugh at all the whiners coming around every build to cry their life away how restarting for like 10 mins every 4 months is the worst thing known to mankind

Now imagine the same thing but you'd have to do both Debbie and Jenny's route just to unlock the school. That would be a good reason to moan, but 15 mins every 4 months is just petty and highlights how fail some dudes can be

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
In between, just posting a bugfix for the ...

Version 0.20.1-3.07:
  • Fixed a strange problem with Aqua and Daisy quests resetting on Android.
This was a nasty one, only appearing on Android...

my5tyfixx

Dec 20, 2017
wuuuuuusaaaaaaa 20M views on this one here. wtf!? just recognized it yet..
is it concurrent the most viewed thread on f95 folks!?

Shadow942021

Nov 1, 2019
I hope that the addition of your native language is added in this update because I don't want to wait another 3/4 months

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes