j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
there is minimum 1-2 years more for this to get OVER
You'll certainly have to double your numbers, it's going to take 3 to 4 years for sure.

hmm when this is over i wonder what game hes gonna make next
He said quite a few times that he's got plans in mind and that it won't have anything to do with SS. Else he obviously won't talk about it.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
You'll certainly have to double your numbers, it's going to take 3 to 4 years for sure.

He said quite a few times that he's got plans in mind and that it won't have anything to do with SS. Else he obviously won't talk about it.
It'll be interesting to see if he even stays in the adult dev game after Summertime Saga is done. In 3-4 years his kids will have reached an age where there could be awkward questions about what Daddy does for a living, and he might want to switch to something non-lewd instead. The artist of , Phil Foglio, was once a fairly prolific adult comics artist (the XXXenophile series) and said he wouldn't do any more adult stuff until his kids are in college.

Apr 23, 2019
It'll be interesting to see if he even stays in the adult dev game after Summertime Saga is done. In 3-4 years his kids will have reached an age where there could be awkward questions about what Daddy does for a living, and he might want to switch to something non-lewd instead. The artist of , Phil Foglio, was once a fairly prolific adult comics artist (the XXXenophile series) and said he wouldn't do any more adult stuff until his kids are in college.
Also the fact that he is making a shit ton of money out of this, so it may not even be a requirement that he work after this assuming he has made some good investments.

That being said he probably won't retire, dude is still fairly young and there's too much money in this, plus its a relatively stressless job for him I'd say, updates come out at a snail's pace and his fanbase have pretty much accepted that and still continue to throw money at him, he can also take short breaks whenever he wants to. All in all its a more than a decent career, he probably will continue milking it even if his kids finds out.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It'll be interesting to see if he even stays in the adult dev game after Summertime Saga is done. In 3-4 years his kids will have reached an age where there could be awkward questions about what Daddy does for a living, and he might want to switch to something non-lewd instead.
Yeah, one has to keep in mind that the game he actually wanted to make wasn't supposed to be NSFW and he only started to add lewd stuff to what has now become SS, because people said they'd like to see it.

Given the specific niche and the popularity, I'd say there's a good chance he'll stay in NSFW development for some more time. He seems pretty chilled about all of this and I'm sure he'll be able manage. Havind said that, I'd also be sure that it won't help the release schedule, either.

Apr 23, 2019
Almost 2 years and your 1st post is a milking scamlord claim. Nice
Lol I'm not saying he is a scamlord, people are getting what they paid for and they are free to stop whenever they want, but he is obviously milking it, its making way more money than it deserves. Regardless, its my own opinion on the situation, my point was that I don't think he has much incentive to stop since its a decent job.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Lol I'm not saying he is a scamlord, people are getting what they paid for and they are free to stop whenever they want, but he is obviously milking it, its making way more money than it deserves. Regardless, its my own opinion on the situation, my point was that I don't think he has much incentive to stop since its a decent job.
At the very least, many of the patrons feel they get significant value by participating in his life streams.

Reactions: poopfartshitcum
Apr 19, 2020
For sure, I wouldn't. Making all of that money for being real, not a lot of effort. I've studied it ironically enough in business management, increased income when it is a guarantee of the job with little risk tends to reduce motivation and work ethic. Which is exactly why pay rises don't have frequently in the real world. Workers get complacent. This project won't be speeding up anytime soon
Having said that, there are other games currently being updated much more effectively. I don't even check this monthly anymore, I'd check this game every year or two and see what's changed

Apr 23, 2019
At the very least, many of the patrons feel they get significant value by participating in his life streams.
The livestreams are available to everyone if I'm not mistaken, only thing I know is that patrons get access to his older livestreams which get archived, correct me if I'm wrong but I really don't think patrons get any special perks on picarto.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I've studied it ironically enough in business management, increased income when it is a guarantee of the job with little risk tends to reduce motivation and work ethic. Which is exactly why pay rises don't have frequently in the real world. Workers get complacent. This project won't be speeding up anytime soon
DC is more or less still doing the same amount of work he always did (give or take, of course, given that he's got 3 kids now compared to none when he started), it's just that the quality has improved drastically and there's a lot more art in each update. The game needs about ~25.000$ to be produced as it is with the team he has. It's not his fault that people decided to give him that much more money even though he never asked for it, nor promised anything. He's working/drawing fulltime and paying him 10 times the money won't make him anymore productive. It's by the way the most normal thing to happen when it comes to art. The majority of artists/musicians/actors/etc. won't get more productive just because they suddenly start to earn millions instead of peanuts. It's pretty funny when people expect someboy who is working ~ 8h a day to increase the workload. It just won't happen.

The livestreams are available to everyone if I'm not mistaken, only thing I know is that patrons get access to his older livestreams which get archived, correct me if I'm wrong but I really don't think patrons get any special perks on picarto.
It's more about the fact that a few people will probably simply pay him a few bucks on patreon because they like his streams. Unlike most streamers, he doesn't accept any money while he's streaming after all.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019
DC is more or less still doing the same amount of work he always did (give or take, of course, given that he's got 3 kids now compared to none when he started), it's just that the way the quality has improved drastically and there's a lot more art in each update. The game needs about ~25.000$ to be produced as it is with the team he has. It's not his fault that people decided to give him that much more money even though he never asked for it, nor promised anything. He's working/drawing fulltime and paying him 10 times the money won't make him anymore productive. It's by the way the most normal thing to happen when it comes to art. The majority of artists/musicians/actors/etc. won't get more productive just because they suddenly start to earn millions instead of peanuts. It's pretty funny when people expect someboy who is ~ 8h a day to increase the workload. It just won't happen.
There are other creators out there, who earn much less and dish out equally if not more amazing content and most of them don't even make 1/6 of what DC makes. Not saying DC is lazy, but I'm sure he could make summertime a much bigger and better game/project if he was really passionate about improving it, especially with the money he makes.

It's more about the fact that a few people will probably simply pay him a few bucks on patreon because they like his streams. Unlike most streamers, he doesn't accept any money while he's streaming after all.
The streams started at 30k no? Which is still a lot of people that only threw him a few bucks for the game itself. The streams also on average range around 5k views, which compared to his 25k patrons isn't much, also to keep in mind that the streams are accessible to everyone so there's no telling of how many of them are non-patrons. So I don't think the streams are a big money maker from the patrons but I guess its something.

Morasaky

Mar 29, 2020
Yeah I have been lurking for a while here and the F.E.T threads, I will shameless and admit it right away that its mainly for leaked patreon updates haha, I don't know why I just decided to comment today.
its ok dude every one here can do what they want

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes