Jul 3, 2017
Newest update is 0.20.8 in about 3 weeks and we get Liu in it, so j4y is right. Maybe not verb tense-wise, but still
that's really optimistic, they're only 62% done right now. If they could do 38% + all the bugfixing in 3 weeks it wouldn't take more than 2.5 months to release updates, but it's more like 4 months. Plus this is an extra big update. I'd bet 5-6 weeks.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The chance to see more politicians after the main story finishes is probably close to 0 - and that's a good thing.

We should remember that Rump was in the game before Trump won the election and he would have been the major even if Hillary had won. The fact that he actually won and that the main story features right now is hardly more than a coincidence.

just wondering when the next update for this game gonna be coming out?
As always, one can do nothing but guess. DC said quite a while ago that the scenes etc. are done and it looks like it's again the writing that slows the whole progress down a bit. Sploosh said himself a while a ago that he feels kinda burnt out by all this main story stuff, which is something I can really relate to. It's been far too much and far too big. Yet, I'd say a release by the end of february can be expected - if they really get it together, maybe a little earlier, given that on paper not much actually seems to be left.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Is there a kind of graph somewhere that shows the length of time between updates?
f95zoneguy indeed made such a graph quite some time ago:

569004_asdfasdfsdfsdfdfdf.png
By now you'd have to add:
- 0.20.0 may 2020
- 0.20.5 septemer 2020
- 0.20.6 october 2020

Edit: One should add that 0.20.5 was indeed a full update, just as 0.14.3 (which is missing here), 0.14.5 and 0.12.5. It's not like 0.5 updates are always small, as could be indicated by that graph.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Is there a kind of graph somewhere that shows the length of time between updates?
Not a graph, but up-to date:

0.20.7: October 25th 2020 (Odette Halloween) -> 1.5 months
0.20.5: September 7th 2020 (main story 2) -> 4 months
0.20.1: May 5th 2020 (main story) -> 5+ months
0.19.5: December 20th 2019 (Consuela) -> 2 months
0.19.1: October 19th 2019 (Eve) -> 4.5 months
0.18.5: June 4th 2019 (Jenny 2) -> 1 month
0.18.0: May 2nd 2019 (Jenny) -> 4.5 months
0.17.5: Dec 16th 2018 (Daisy) -> 1- month
0.17.0: Nov 23rd 2018 (Diane) -> 4 months
0.16.0: July 25th 2018 (Roxxy) -> 3+ months
0.15.1: April 15th 2018 (teachers) -> 4 months
0.14.5: December 19th 2017 (Debbie) -> 1.5 months
0.14.3: November 1st 2017 (Aqua) -> 0.5 months
0.14: October 13th 2017 (Mia) -> 2- months
0.13: August 21st 2017 (Erik)

The first update that is comparable to the amout of content that DC delivers nowadays has been the 0.15.1 teachers update. From then on, all major updates took around four months, followed by a minor update of around 1 month. The main story took a bit longer, but that was announced by DC before.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
As always, one can do nothing but guess. DC said quite a while ago that the scenes etc. are done and it looks like it's again the writing that slows the whole progress down a bit. Sploosh said himself a while a ago that he feels kinda burnt out by all this main story stuff, which is something I can really relate to. It's been far too much and far too big. Yet, I'd say a release by the end of february can be expected - if they really get it together, maybe a little earlier, given that on paper not much actually seems to be left.
They really should have delivered the main story in smaller chunks with each girl's update. Having the whole thing dumped in our laps in one three-part log really takes away from any interest or intrigue that could be built up by having the MC slowly unraveling the mystery of what happened to his father, and also really emphasizes how compartmentalized the story has become. I know the piecemeal Patreon development doesn't lend itself well to long-term planning, but it would have been cool to see some small clues revealed through interacting with the girls and their stories (like finding info on the Russian thugs through receipts at the tattoo parlor, or having Clyde reveal the location of drug stashes).

The only interesting characters we've gotten as a result of the main story have been Tony and Maria; everything involving the Rumps was drawn-out and annoying, and I basically just gave up and skipped through most of Iwanka and Melonia's dialogue. Also, do we really need fifteen new parody characters in each update that we'll see and interact with once? It feels like we're indulging DC's need to amuse himself by drawing Gordon Ramsay or Keanu Reeves more than we're getting characters that serve an actual purpose in the story.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
@MurkyTurtle:
Yeah, I'd basically agree with everything. The main story should have been split in 5 to 6 small updates, which could have been released randomly in between other stuff, given that it's new content and seems to be perfectly splittable. That would have meant more updates and it simply would have felt a lot better. About two years ago DC talked about releasing more updates again, and that would have been the chance.

Else I'd also agree that it probably would have been better to simply include fewer characters and in part fewer scenes. Consuela really didn't need 4 scenes and Tina and either Iwanka or Melonia could have been removed from the story without anybody really noticing, just as Nadya sems kind of superfluous - though I'll stay openminded until the update is out.

It really feels like this whole thing spun totally out of control and it went from a "slightly larger than normal update split in two", which should have taken like two times 3,5 months or so, to this monster which now will take 16 - 17 months if you include 0.19.5.

At least I'm really looking forward to Rhonda, Annie and Judith and I'll be happy once this whole main story thing is just over.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Not trying to bitchslap you dudes, but splitting the main stuff into other girls' routes could lead to a bunch of fail if you skip 1 of them and suddenly you're either stuck or you get a godly revelation that somehow a part you missed was the answer to everything all along and you never knew anything about it.

Is the current format the best choice ? Probably not, but it's still a better option to dump everything at once and be done than split it into cryptic and missable parts you'd have to go out of your way to find in other random girls' route you probably never expected to have anything to do with main story (like finding out MC's dad worked with the mafia by doing the teachers' routes would feel a bit weird).

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Not trying to bitchslap you dudes, but splitting the main stuff into other girls' routes could lead to a bunch of fail if you skip 1 of them and suddenly you're either stuck or you get a godly revelation that somehow a part you missed was the answer to everything all along and you never knew anything about it.
Well, not into other girl's routes, but simply into small solo updates which can be released in between other updates. To me it seems easily possible, to for example stop 0.20.0 at the point where you have to fuck Tina before having to impregnate Maria or so, then do Rhondas update (or by now the tech stuff), then release the rest of what now is 0.20.0, then do Annie, then release another part of the main story with Iwanka, etc.

Given that the main story isn't connected to any other story, there shouldn't have been an issue. As long as you place the right cliffhangers, people will know how what's going on and you'd have had a good mix of character and main story updates. At least in hindsight that would have been a way better approach.

Is the current format the best choice ? Probably not, but it's still a better option to dump everything at once and be done than split it into cryptic and missable parts you'd have to go out of your way to find in other random girls' route you probably never expected to have anything to do with main story (like finding out MC's dad worked with the mafia by doing the teachers' routes would feel a bit weird).
As said, I think they could have easily split it into 5 to 6 instead of the 3-4 updates we got now. Not too small, but not too big and not for 16 months without interruption.

Reactions: Morasaky

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
They really should have delivered the main story in smaller chunks with each girl's update. Having the whole thing dumped in our laps in one three-part log really takes away from any interest or intrigue that could be built up by having the MC slowly unraveling the mystery of what happened to his father, and also really emphasizes how compartmentalized the story has become. I know the piecemeal Patreon development doesn't lend itself well to long-term planning, but it would have been cool to see some small clues revealed through interacting with the girls and their stories (like finding info on the Russian thugs through receipts at the tattoo parlor, or having Clyde reveal the location of drug stashes).

The only interesting characters we've gotten as a result of the main story have been Tony and Maria; everything involving the Rumps was drawn-out and annoying, and I basically just gave up and skipped through most of Iwanka and Melonia's dialogue. Also, do we really need fifteen new parody characters in each update that we'll see and interact with once? It feels like we're indulging DC's need to amuse himself by drawing Gordon Ramsay or Keanu Reeves more than we're getting characters that serve an actual purpose in the story.
I cannot completely agree. I like the Rumps' story very much. The arrogant but lonely MILF and the Paris-Hilton-like Daughter had just the right amount of humor for my liking.

I get your point wrt/ parodies like Keanu Reeves or Gordon Ramsay. But why not? I found the priest funny before I knew it was a parody. If DC finds satisfaction in such things, and I find it funny, I don't have anything against it.

Morasaky

Mar 29, 2020
well, all we have to do now is wait for the main story to end and look forward to the other chars updates

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Onward to the next empty debate : Ronda or Rhonda
I did a code search for you:

"Rhonda": 0 hits in 1442 files.
"Ronda": 305 hits in 1442 files.

I guess we have a winner here. Now somebody must tell DC how to write that name correctly ;)

Edit: Similar picture on Google: Rhonda vs. Ronda -- 65 Mio vs. 159 Mio

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I know it didn't matter for the game, but there's an actual jamaican track athlete called "Ronda Whyte" who represented Jamaica at the 2017 olmypics.

Then again, as far as I recall she was called indeed Rhonda at first until somebody changed it. DC said it wasn't him, so it was probably Sploosh? I guess we'll see which names wins in the end. Once she get's her update we'll know for sure.

Evans15

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Anyone knows why some people on DC patreon are asking for Iwanka and her mom to keep her pregnancies? Does DC said he plans to take it away?

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
The chance to see more politicians after the main story finishes is probably close to 0 - and that's a good thing.

We should remember that Rump was in the game before Trump won the election
and he would have been the major even if Hillary had won. The fact that he actually won and that the main story features right now is hardly more than a coincidence.

jesus christ it's been five years just like that snap.... what the fuck

Reactions: tankdick and j4yj4m
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes