tywren

Jun 28, 2019
he has a progress bar on his website and he normally finishes art at a good pace, it's the coding and writing that are slowing things down, stuff he can hire more people for imo
Can and should, which feeds back into the "He makes 65k a month!" argument that some here get so butt hurt by. Case in point...

We'd miss out on all the juicy fake drama and milking scamlord claims though, that would be a terrible loss indeed
Is DC a scamlord? No, he's giving is quality content, but he IS damn well milking this, because he has the funds to hire more people, and get things done at a much faster rate. But he won't do that, because that would be less cash going into his pocket. Don't get me wrong, hiring 2 posers to replace the one that left is a good start, but he also needs another person for coding, and maybe a part timer to take some of the writing pressure off of Sploosh, because we've already heard how he's feeling burnt out writing the main story update and wants to move on to something else.

On a side note, I have a hunch that this is also why the game has such a hard time hitting release targets, and why .20 had to be broken up into parts. It's like DC thinks that the entire game is developing at the same speed as he's doing the artwork, when that's simply not the case.

Last edited:

franksiinatra

Dec 17, 2019
Can and should, which feeds back into the "He makes 65k a month!" argument that some here get so butt hurt by.
this is exactly what ive been saying, the art gets finished pretty quick, like 1 month 1/2, max 2 months. But the writing, for not being complex at all takes a long time, and they can definitely afford to add another coder too to speed things up

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
this is exactly what ive been saying, the art gets finished pretty quick, like 1 month 1/2, max 2 months. But the writing, for not being complex at all takes a long time, and they can definitely afford to add another coder too to speed things up
As far as I'm aware everybody but DC is actually only working part time. In the end that kind of makes sense, given that there's only so much art to be produced in let's say 1 year or X amount of time and that there's little reason to hire people who will then do nothing most of the time.
Then again, it's true as well, that many people do not (want to) understand this and that it causes quite a bit of rather unnecessary disappointment, which again will actually cost him quite a bit of good will and people stop giving money who else may have stayed.
It's like DC thinks that the entire game is developing at the same speed as he's doing the artwork, when that's simply not the case.
I mean, the truth remains that the game as a whole can't be finished before he's done all the artwork. So as long as he's drawing his hours every day, nothing else really matters in the big picture. But it's of course the small things, like individual releases, which may anger and disappoint some people.

Reactions: Oghmios1337

ashaik

Sep 16, 2020
Can and should, which feeds back into the "He makes 65k a month!" argument that some here get so butt hurt by. Case in point...

Is DC a scamlord? No, he's giving is quality content, but he IS damn well milking this, because he has the funds to hire more people, and get things done at a much faster rate. But he won't do that, because that would be less cash going into his pocket. Don't get me wrong, hiring 2 posers to replace the one that left is a good start, but he also needs another person for coding, and maybe a part timer to take some of the writing pressure off of Sploosh, because we've already heard how he's feeling burnt out writing the main story update and wants to move on to something else.

On a side note, I have a hunch that this is also why the game has such a hard time hitting release targets, and why .20 had to be broken up into parts. It's like DC thinks that the entire game is developing at the same speed as he's doing the artwork, when that's simply not the case.
I didn't mean to imply he was a scamlord, he definitely puts out quality content, it's just that he should hire more devs, even part time ones, to get updates through the door a bit quicker. I don't have some sort of petty obsession as someone earlier replied, this is my first time commenting on the topic.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
I didn't mean to imply he was a scamlord, he definitely puts out quality content, it's just that he should hire more devs, even part time ones, to get updates through the door a bit quicker. I don't have some sort of petty obsession as someone earlier replied, this is my first time commenting on the topic.
Who pays you to repeat this garbage? And yes you demonstrate petty obsessiveness.

rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
Or... maybe the point simply is that people are not that much into incest as some wish?
Or... maybe the point simply is that people are not that much into incest as some wish?
There probably is logic to your statement. I think before the Roxxy update, the game mostly appealed to the incest crowd, myself included. Incest was already gone from the game by the time Diane and Jenny were reworked though.

I think the Roxxy update brought a whole new wave of fans and that has only increased after the Eve update. Those new fans probably do outweigh the "incest" fans. Maybe it was more than just a backlash, but there was a backlash. I saw it on this forum and on DCs Discord.

sick_duck

Dec 30, 2018
Is the next release coming with the widescreen update or just the end of the main story?

If it's coming with both then fair enough, but if it's just the latter then... I've known faster glaciers.

amin2020

Dec 10, 2020
I finished the game and saved it, but the memory of my Android phone was erased. Now what should I do to not play the game again?

Apr 23, 2019
As far as I'm aware everybody but DC is actually only working part time. In the end that kind of makes sense, given that there's only so much art to be produced in let's say 1 year or X amount of time and that there's little reason to hire people who will then do nothing most of the time.
Then again, it's true as well, that many people do not (want to) understand this and that it causes quite a bit of rather unnecessary disappointment, which again will actually cost him quite a bit of good will and people stop giving money who else may have stayed.

I mean, the truth remains that the game as a whole can't be finished before he's done all the artwork. So as long as he's drawing his hours every day, nothing else really matters in the big picture. But it's of course the small things, like individual releases, which may anger and disappoint some people.
There's no unnecessarily disappointment lol, I sure DC himself is somewhat disappointed at the rate things are going, dude predicted the 20.5 and 20.8 to take 2 months each way back last year and it still isn't done, if he isn't atleast slightly disappointed by the pace at which things are going, for the main story update atleast then I don't think he cares much about the project aside from the money.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
There's no unnecessarily disappointment lol, I sure DC himself is somewhat disappointed at the rate things are going, dude predicted the 20.5 and 20.8 to take 2 months each way back last year and it still isn't done, if he isn't atleast slightly disappointed by the pace at which things are going, for the main story update atleast then I don't think he cares much about the project aside from the money.
He doesn't care, that's why he keeps streaming 5+ days a week for the past year while having 3 children ...... Talk about a money hungry garbage dev
Is the next release coming with the widescreen update or just the end of the main story?

If it's coming with both then fair enough, but if it's just the latter then... I've known faster glaciers.
Been asked and answered at least 3 times in the last 5 pages. Go back and read some stuff

• Haha

7thCloud

Sep 17, 2020
:FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm:
fighting for how much time the dev take to release the next update :FacePalm: sorry but this is stupid, there's only one answer for both sides, Support him on Patreon if you like the art and don't mind it even if he takes a million year to finish it, or delete the game from your computer and stop pledging, no one is forcing your hand!
stop complaining there are already over 100 comments pages only of people fighting why should I keep or stop my support!
there're even some people who ask others to stop the support :FacePalm::FacePalm:

achtone

Aug 18, 2016
Back a long time ago he had deadlines and he met every single one, there was an update monthly and they were quality, there was no bugs really to speak of. Then he moved to this nebulous bullshit "it's ready when it's ready" and so now it takes him 3-6 months WITH help to make the same amount of content that he made previously on his own. I don't know why anyone pays him still or how he thinks it's cool to still bill monthly. Any big creator will tell you that they are 1000x as productive with a deadline. Had he stuck to the original cadence he would be half way through the 3rd sequel. I'm sure part of it is he's out of ideas and so dragging this one out as long as possible is the best thing he can do for his own long term situation.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes