sharpys

May 21, 2017
So waste over a year recoding the game to then waste another 2+ years recoding to Unity. Pure genius. Then you figure out 2D art doesn't care for 3D engine.
By the time they get around to updating to Tech 3, they've already burned through 5 coders within a span of a year. Then spend another 2 doing another remaster.

Wilwock

Sep 26, 2021
Hello again. I asked for perspectives on this game and others like it earlier, but there's something else that I've been wondering about. Many games like this have elements of grinding, like making money or raising skills, things you need to advance the story or progress with girls. How do people feel about that kind of thing? I guess the point is to make you feel like you've earned it, but I don't like it at all personally, and would prefer it if there were just more dialogue rather than having to repeat the same actions over and over.

And what about mini-games, do you guys like it when these games include little puzzles or quick time events, stuff like the combat and sports in Being a DIK, or does it just feel like it's in the way? Thanks again for anyone that feels like answering.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hello again. I asked for perspectives on this game and others like it earlier, but there's something else that I've been wondering about. Many games like this have elements of grinding, like making money or raising skills, things you need to advance the story or progress with girls. How do people feel about that kind of thing? I guess the point is to make you feel like you've earned it, but I don't like it at all personally, and would prefer it if there were just more dialogue rather than having to repeat the same actions over and over.

And what about mini-games, do you guys like it when these games include little puzzles or quick time events, stuff like the combat and sports in Being a DIK, or does it just feel like it's in the way? Thanks again for anyone that feels like answering.
Your questions could be considered off-topic since it actually isn't addressing the game. This question has been asked in the general discussion thread quite a bit and that is probably a better place to ask questions like this. Here's a link to one recent: https://f95zone.to/threads/what-do-you-think-about-minigames-in-a-vn.103532/

Also, In the end - you just need to create the game YOU want to play and what YOU want to see and what makes YOU happy. You'll find your own audience. It may be an audience of 500 or 5,000,000 but in the end it will be something that will be more enjoyable for your to endeavor. If you are looking to make "bank" on a game, that is uncommon - whether in adult games or general public games. Beyond that, if this is your first game - it his highly unlikely you will make "bank."

Use this time to learn the process, streamline the process while enjoying the product you are producing. THEN you can use what you've learned, both in skills and expertise, as well as public demand for the next game. In stage theatre, we produce one insipid cash-cow show that bring in the public for each show we produce that we do out of love and passion.

Reactions: Wilwock

Wilwock

Sep 26, 2021
Your questions could be considered off-topic since it actually isn't addressing the game. This question has been asked in the general discussion thread quite a bit and that is probably a better place to ask questions like this. Here's a link to one recent: https://f95zone.to/threads/what-do-you-think-about-minigames-in-a-vn.103532/

Also, In the end - you just need to create the game YOU want to play and what YOU want to see and what makes YOU happy. You'll find your own audience. It may be an audience of 500 or 5,000,000 but in the end it will be something that will be more enjoyable for your to endeavor. If you are looking to make "bank" on a game, that is uncommon - whether in adult games or general public games. Beyond that, if this is your first game - it his highly unlikely you will make "bank."

Use this time to learn the process, streamline the process while enjoying the product you are producing. THEN you can use what you've learned, both in skills and expertise, as well as public demand for the next game. In stage theatre, we produce one insipid cash-cow show that bring in the public for each show we produce that we do out of love and passion.
Thanks for directing me to that thread! Sorry I was being too off-topic.

Really, I just don't want to annoy people with things I'm not attached to in some way.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
The translation mods do not work well with other mods. If you want to play in a language, only use the translation mod. Do not use other mods.

Los mods de traducción no funcionan bien con otros mods. Si quiere jugar en un idioma diferente, solo usa el modo de traducción. No utilice otras modificaciones.
Why are you talking such nonsense? Translation works just fine with the Naughty Tribute mod.I put quite some effort in it my friend.

¿Por qué dices esas tonterías? La traducción funciona bien con el mod Naughty Tribute. Puse bastante esfuerzo en ello, mi amigo.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
By the time they get around to updating to Tech 3, they've already burned through 5 coders within a span of a year. Then spend another 2 doing another remaster.
Which honestly isn't true at all, in fact the coder hasn't changed since october 2019.

Many games like this have elements of grinding, like making money or raising skills, things you need to advance the story or progress with girls. How do people feel about that kind of thing? I guess the point is to make you feel like you've earned it, but I don't like it at all personally, and would prefer it if there were just more dialogue rather than having to repeat the same actions over and over.

I'm neither a big fan of huge grinds nor of strange/hard minigames - at least not for the mandatory stuff. A little bit of effort is fine, but generally I prefer it I won't have to worry about money that much and if I only have to make an effort to unlock additional/bonus content. In that case some grind is fine. Next to that it also kinda depends on the context. If we are talking about some kind of RPG-maker game with combat or some kind of management system, I'm certainly more willing to grind a bit to reach item/location X. Once we are talking about "just earning money for the sake of it" I'll get annoyed by repeating the same boring minigame again and again and again for no reason but to reach a certain sum of money to buy a trivial item. I have to admit that I haven't played SS without the cheat option for years, but I'd assume the effort would be a little bit too much for my taste.

Tl;dr: earning money is fine as long as it doesn't interrupt the flow of the game. As soon as you have to allocate a significant amount of playtime to it, it better be to get something optional but not to advance the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: GaRbS

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
Does the 20.5 incest patch work for the later versions of the game? Or am I just gonna have to bite the bullet and play without it? Based on posts I could find in this thread, it doesn't seem to work for later releases. But if that's the case, why has it stayed on the original post for so long?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Does the 20.5 incest patch work for the later versions of the game? Or am I just gonna have to bite the bullet and play without it? Based on posts I could find in this thread, it doesn't seem to work for later releases. But if that's the case, why has it stayed on the original post for so long?
Does it work ? Probably
Does it matter ? Nope
Will you survive without it ? Probably
Why still on the OP ? Mods don't care (just look at the failfest that is the "unlocker")

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Why are you talking such nonsense? Translation works just fine with the Naughty Tribute mod.I put quite some effort in it my friend.

¿Por qué dices esas tonterías? La traducción funciona bien con el mod Naughty Tribute. Puse bastante esfuerzo en ello, mi amigo.
Lo siento. I thought the last I read that all mods wreaked havoc when used with the translations. Also, I made the assumption they weren't using your mod, but were using the incest one and/or the unlocker. It was obvious that whatever mods they were using were causing conflicts.

tankdick

Dec 21, 2017
Tech update 3 will make the game 4k comparable. :ROFLMAO:

The fact the code is still spaghetti and getting worked in 2022 tells you everything you need to know about the project management of this game. DC has been dangling "fixing the code" for years now. Your grand kids are gonna love this game if it finally ever gets done.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Lo siento. I thought the last I read that all mods wreaked havoc when used with the translations. Also, I made the assumption they weren't using your mod, but were using the incest one and/or the unlocker. It was obvious that whatever mods they were using were causing conflicts.
The unlocker fucks vanilla game, not the best example to use for a demonstration that other mods work with fan translations

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Unlocker mod does not work at all (with or without translations) and, yes, Incest mod does not work with translations by definition. How would a mod with the sole purpose of changing dialogs work with any translation? Not at all, that's right. But it's not a reason to generalize that for any mod.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Unlocker mod does not work at all (with or without translations) and, yes, Incest mod does not work with translations by definition. How would a mod with the sole purpose of changing dialogs work with any translation? Not at all, that's right. But it's not a reason to generalize that for any mod.
How to trigger srk : talk shit about his mod. Good to know (for future research)

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
so what is actually going with this game right now?
See below:
The last I heard is that they would release a third pre-tech update, and if they keep their working pace, I would expect it mid of February. And I also heard that they might release some scenes with the tech update as well.

But that's only speculation.
AND

Rhonda's house:
Rhonda and her parents (Jackie/Earl) now have a home in Summerville! For those who have not been following the live streams, here's all the rooms in her house which will be accessible in her upcoming update (after Tech update).
This coming week I will likely finish the last location that's been added to the new wide map, which is the log cabin in the woods... ;)

Tech Update:
Yes, we're still making efforts to wrap up the Tech Update, which is heavily reliant on Posing in terms of development. We've added a few more Devs again to the Posing team in order to speed things up.

3rd batch of scenes:
The 3rd batch of scenes is also been in the works. The art for them is done but still in the process of finishing the animations for it (which takes a bit of time to reach good quality). We will release it when ready. <3

-DC

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
So, what i don't get is...
Already 10 months passed since they started working on the tech update. And they made 40% of the posing and coding. It's the rest of it going to take 15 months?. Couse that seems a disaster.
Where did you get that assumption of 15 more months?

Also, how much money has this update release cost you?

I haven't paid a cent for the game and there are a ton of other things I do with my life whether or not another update ever comes out.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes