Waynew91

Dec 13, 2017
The wut ? Nobody knows for the "proper tech" update, "post-tech" would be R(h)onda's in ~4-5 months after that unknown.
My question was in regards to the literal 1st page which states "Version: 0.20.12 Pre-tech - Part 2" I'm not subscribed on patreon so I was asking incase something was said (y) (y)

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
My question was in regards to the literal 1st page which states "Version: 0.20.12 Pre-tech - Part 2" I'm not subscribed on patreon so I was asking incase something was said (y) (y)
The last couple pages of this thread discuss what the upcoming update is containing, which is rehashing what the dozens of pages preceding that have said. You don't need to subscribe to the patreon (I don't either), I just look at what was said in the previous two pages and I normally get caught up to speed. Unless, that is, there are people who are filling pages with the same questions already answered or comments from those getting the game for free about dev milking or other whinging.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The last couple pages of this thread discuss what the upcoming update is containing, which is rehashing what the dozens of pages preceding that have said. You don't need to subscribe to the patreon (I don't either), I just look at what was said in the previous two pages and I normally get caught up to speed. Unless, that is, there are people who are filling pages with the same questions already answered or comments from those getting the game for free about dev milking or other whinging.
Good thing you only joined last week, you just resumed the last ~4 years of the thread

thedemus

Apr 9, 2017
I wouldn't agree that's a good argument. He's merely stating obvious facts. Thing is, I've been following the progress of this game for 2-3 years now and I'm slowly getting over it. The creator is sick or has a flu every 2 months. Progress is obviously slow as hell. I'll look back in 5-10 years for shits and giggles, just to see what became of this. I do salute him tho, I probably would do the same.

Be completely anonymous and stretch it out. Perfect.
Wait, DC has kids?

Man that would be awkward if they walked in on their dad 'working'.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Wait, DC has kids?

Man that would be awkward if they walked in on their dad 'working'.
If this game does the thing where there's some sci-fi bullshit to make your kids grow up super fast so you can fuck your daughters, I'm out

(The chance of that is basically 0%, they won't even do a Jenny/Debbie or Eve/Grace three-way scene, but still)

Last edited:

DcntMood

Feb 10, 2021
i am following this game since 2018,man the development is slow af,considering the amount of money the developers get on patreon this is not good at all.I realised it when i wanted to sub to their patreon and saw how much money they are making a month.It is impossible not to speed up the process of developing with that much money,especially when you are doing a renpy game.

Admiral9iner

May 5, 2019
We should make a bingo board for the types of questions that will fill up a page. Can sex _? New update when? Full save? Etc.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
i am following this game since 2018,man the development is slow af,considering the amount of money the developers get on patreon this is not good at all.I realised it when i wanted to sub to their patreon and saw how much money they are making a month.It is impossible not to speed up the process of developing with that much money,especially when you are doing a renpy game.
Interesting statements there. It's going way too slow for how much money they get, and it is not possible to go that slow. :unsure:

Nah, just put "DC makes too much $/month" and the card is already filled
That's not how bingo works :p You can't just fill it up with one thing multiple times.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
i think those milkposts are fucking stupid but a discussion about if the tech update was really necessary is valid. are people really going to bust better nuts because the backgrounds are 16:9 instead of 4:3 now? even if it improves the overall visual quality of the game, will the 1 year development time or whatever it's going to be at the end really be worth it at the end?

is dc wasting too much time drawing more and more detailed backgrounds? are there more economical ways to use already existing assets and focus on what's really important, you know the girls and the h-scenes? i know complaining about it won't change a thing but nothing we talk about here changes anything so please don't get pissed at me omnikuken

Last edited:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Except that Summertime Saga actually has playable content.
Hey Star Citizen has play able content and is really not that bad at the current state, if it was worth the money and time is another discussion, but it‘s not so bad how ppl often make it out to be.
is dc wasting too much time drawing more and more detailed backgrounds? are there more economical ways to use already existing assets and focus on what's really important, you know the girls and the h-scenes? i know complaining about it won't change a thing but nothing we talk about here changes anything so please don't get pissed at me omnikuken
Wait as far as I know, it wouldn’t really matter, cause DC is only making art now, he doesn’t code etc. and on steam you could see he already done some (all?) Rhonda content. Tagging j4yj4m he is watching the streams, right?

Reactions: tankdick

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
... but a discussion about if the tech update was really necessary is valid. are people really going to bust better nuts because the backgrounds are 16:9 instead of 4:3 now? even if it improves the overall visual quality of the game, will the 1 year development time or whatever it's going to be at the end really be worth it at the end?
The 16:9 is really meant to be for those who play on mobile, which by now, as far as I recall, seem to be the majority of "official players" who download the game from DC's sources. Else it's certainly true that everybody will benefit from the additional space for interactions, the bigger map, a possible new UI, etc.
is dc wasting too much time drawing more and more detailed backgrounds?
Given that, as far as I know, the background stuff kinda was his old job before he started working on SS, he probably enjoys them quite a bit and doesn't want to compromise. Then again, they are a significant upside compared to many, many other games who don't care about such things/details at all. I'm pretty sure that the game would just be "less good" if he'd rush his backgrounds like so many others do.
are there more economical ways to use already existing assets and focus on what's really important, you know the girls and the h-scenes?
While the lack of scenes is a major downside, it's not like that's anything new. The game has always been "weak" on the NSFW stuff compared to many others and one could even argue that the tech update actually helped here, given that we got/will get ~18 scenes which we likely wouldn't haven gotten (now or at all) without it. I'd like to have more scenes, too, but it's not like I'm surprised that there are comparatively few...

Edit:
It's not like I agree with the all of what DC does and I really could have done without the tech update, but I can see why he wanted to do it. It'll almost certainly be benficial for the game in the future, even though it's a huge pain now.

To me the main problem is actually, that their planning has been really bad this time and that they didn't hire more posers before they started. The actual backgrounds for the tech update are done since ~september and it certainly should have been realease comfortably last year, if they hadn't messed that up.

Wait as far as I know, it wouldn’t really matter, cause DC is only making art now, he doesn’t code etc. and on steam you could see he already done some (all?) Rhonda content. Tagging j4yj4m he is watching the streams, right?
While he's working on Ronda's stuff, I'd guess it's still far from being done. I haven't followed that many streams in the last weeks/months, though.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Bob69

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
The 16:9 is really meant to be for those who play on mobile, which by now, as far as I recall, seem to be the majority of "official players" who download the game from DC's sources. Else it's certainly true that everybody will benefit from the additional space for interactions, the bigger map, a possible new UI, etc.

Given that, as far as I know, the background stuff kinda was his old job before he started working on SS, he probably enjoys them quite a bit and doesn't want to compromise. Then again, they are a significant upside compared to many, many other games who don't care about such things/details at all. I'm pretty sure that the game would just be "less good" if he'd rush his backgrounds like so many others do.

While the lack of scenes is a major downside, it's not like that's anything new. The game has always been "weak" on the NSFW stuff compared to many others and one could even argue that the tech update actually helped here, given that we got/will get ~18 scenes which we likely wouldn't haven gotten (now or at all) without it. I'd like to have more scenes, too, but it's not like I'm surprised that there are comparatively few...

Edit:
It's not like I agree with the all of what DC does and I really could have done without the tech update, but I can see why he wanted to do it. It'll almost certainly be benficial for the game in the future, even though it's a huge pain now.

To me the main problem is actually, that their planning has been really bad this time and that they didn't hire more posers before they started. The actual backgrounds for the tech update are done since ~september and it certainly should have been realease comfortably last year, if they hadn't messed that up.

While he's working on Ronda's stuff, I'd guess it's still far from being done. I haven't followed that many streams in the last weeks/months, though.
Bad project management has plagued this game. But I also remember when the groupthink was "art is the bottleneck" and those of us pointing out out wasn't, it was project management, were shot down. This tech update has been a farce.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Wasn't the whole game supposed to be recoded as well? So that there would be less bugs in the future and the technical work would go smoother if I remember right.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes