Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Not only that, we got 1 less than 2 months ago. And "April" goes up to the 30th. But there's 99%+ chance we get nothing
Yup. I never believe anything anyone says on April 1 - too many people like to joke on April Fool's Day.

RazD0R

Apr 12, 2018
Hello.
Launched the game. I chose the language (not English). I played a little. made a save. After restarting the game, I load the saved game. The language of the game reseted to English. What can I do to not fall off?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Hello.
Launched the game. I chose the language (not English). I played a little. made a save. After restarting the game, I load the saved game. The language of the game reseted to English. What can I do to not fall off?
have you read the help offered to others?
#63,418

Reactions: RazD0R

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
have you read the help offered to others?
#63,418
Lol, read stuff before your own post, now that's a new 1
The best part of that interrupted thread is after srksrk 68 offered assistance, the original person came back saying they fixed it ... without saying how they fixed it. So they are keeping whatever they did to themselves. (though I suspect they finally read through what was told of them and actually did the steps recommended and wanted to stay silent in their embarrassment)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
The best part of that interrupted thread is after srksrk 68 offered assistance, the original person came back saying they fixed it ... without saying how they fixed it. So they are keeping whatever they did to themselves. (though I suspect they finally read through what was told of them and actually did the steps recommended and wanted to stay silent in their embarrassment)
That's a fact of life. The greater the noob, the more urgent the problem. And the more you help, the less thanks you get.

bogodit

Jul 17, 2020
Ahhh the good ol' "nevermind i fixed it".
How?
"Fuck you that's how."

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Prolly another month worth of work before the release.
Lol, we've been around 65% for about 5+ months, no way they do ~30% in less than 1. Go back a few hundred pages to the "leaks" showing we should get at least 1 more lewd batch (probably 2), the latest release was 1.5 month ago and we usually get an update every 4 months. Do the math and retry

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Lol, we've been around 65% for about 5+ months, no way they do ~30% in less than 1. Go back a few hundred pages to the "leaks" showing we should get at least 1 more lewd batch (probably 2), the latest release was 1.5 month ago and we usually get an update every 4 months. Do the math and retry
Maybe it was just a very difficult 5%, and the remaining 30% is very easy.

I doubt it's the case, but it's funny if that was true.

LostAtAnchor

Mar 10, 2019
Maybe it was just a very difficult 5%, and the remaining 30% is very easy.

I doubt it's the case, but it's funny if that was true.
It's not impossible, it could just be one giant blocker that's holding up everything else downstream on the programming side. It's also possible-albeit unlikely-that the game gets to the bugfix stage and a bug crops up that basically requires everything up to this point to be re-written.

Either way, for the would-be developers sitting at home, this long Tech Update should be taken as a pretty solid warning of the risks involved when deciding to make massive structural changes to a project far into development. It's clear that, thus far, the accrued goodwill towards the project hasn't evaporated, but it does leave one wondering how long that will last.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
It's wouldn't be the first time one little problem caused a bottleneck that killed progress for the entire team, once it's gone the progress can fly forward.
And it wouldn't be the first time that the guy who is crap at guessing the percentages happens to be the one incharge of the progress charts (not to mention frequently forgetting to update them at all).

Reactions: LostAtAnchor
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes