APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I have verified that both of these .exe files are 32-bit. The file in the "lib" folder is most likely the developer's executable file, therefore it has large access rights and launches the dude's game without problems. The executable file from the main folder of the game does not have such access and is blocked either by a firewall or an antivirus program.

Thanks for looking at that I will make adjustments. I am guessing it is actually admin rights issue strange it is just that one. I will look at its permissions.

twichman

Dec 4, 2018
Don't think that is it the second exe also displays the splash screen. Although they could switch in a frame and you would never know the difference. At some point the exe has to pick a folder to start pulling the program out of so I suspect it looks at the kernel for the OS and then picks the correct folder. It may be that my environmental variables are as such that the exe does not recognize my OS. The actual program can run on W7 with out issue is due to W7 -W10 all having compatible kernels so the instruction sets will work with each build , I have not read up on W11 yet and it is starting to hit the testers due for release in Oct I think. Guessing it will still be compatible but who knows. Evryone is going to be pissed though because MS is saying that anything below an I7 cpu will not be totally supported now they have walked that back a little and are going to offer some support to lower(I5 and I6) models but they will not let you get the auto updates for those. Not only that but they are going to require secure boot and another instruction set that a shit ton of MB's don't support in those I5's and I6's , supposedly though you can still manage to install even on the I4's but the security will be totally borked from the start and MS will not be responsible...

You want to talk about the ultimate milkers just look at Micro Soft they invented that shit :D
By the way, I also sit on Win 7, but I never had problems with this game. So the kernel core of the system is absolutely not to blame for the problems with starting the game, the problem is in your computer. Or perhaps the anti-virus is blocking .exe file.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: APoc1

twichman

Dec 4, 2018
Thanks for looking at that I will make adjustments. I am guessing it is actually admin rights issue strange it is just that one. I will look at its permissions.
Run the game from that .exe file and then examine the text log file that is updated after each launch in the main game folder. Usually there you can find the answer at what stage the launch of the game is blocked.

Reactions: APoc1

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
By the way, I also sit on Win 7, but I never had problems with this game. So the kernel core of the system is absolutely not to blame for the problems with starting the game, the problem is in your computer. Or perhaps the anti-virus is blocking .exe file.

Well it is not a permissions issue both exe's have identical permissions and ownership and it's not getting flagged by my antivirus or malware software , beats me must be somewhere else. This is the only renpy game I have ever ran into trouble with obviously my machine dislikes something about this specific exe. Damned if I know what though. as long as I have a work around I am not all that bothered by it , but it is strange. Pretty hard to figure out what being it does not log any errors anywhere.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Run the game from that .exe file and then examine the text log file that is updated after each launch in the main game folder. Usually there you can find the answer at what stage the launch of the game is blocked.
Yeah that just it it never logged any error , the one you see here is from earlier and is the second one in the lib folder, obviously a successful load.
I tried to start the first exe several times and it does not update the log to show how it failed.

EDIT: In fact it will not even create the log at all. I unpacked the zip again and started from a fresh folder with no log file and the exe fails to create the log , likely this is the failure but why is a mystery to me.

View attachment log.txt

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I have in normal v0.20.13 sometimes a in-game char missing in scenes. For example: In the scene where Eve color-pranked the three school bitches is the complete image set of Becka missing. Text is ok and showing afaik.

Is this a known bug or something on my side? I-patch 0.20.12 is installed, but nothing else.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I have in normal v0.20.13 sometimes a in-game char missing in scenes. For example: In the scene where Eve color-pranked the three school bitches is the complete image set of Becka missing. Text is ok and showing afaik.

Is this a known bug or something on my side? I-patch 0.20.12 is installed, but nothing else.
Whatever happens is always your fault. We're almost 2 months into 0.20.13 and no1 else reported anything

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
lol It's back to 69% so it looks like someone heard you!

(But seriously, in all likelihood a task got added.)
Ahhh! Like someone famous once said:

"The progress % is back at 69, all's right with the world again."

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
What did the new Patreon post say?
Search the thread using the search box in the upper right corner of any page of this thread for the word "patreon" or since you already know the post came out on March 25 - you could just scroll back to that day in this thread to see it was posted.

Reactions: Johnny90H30

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Search the thread using the search box in the upper right corner of any page of this thread for the word "patreon" or since you already know the post came out on March 25 - you could just scroll back to that day in this thread to see it was posted.
Bold assumption my dude

Reactions: Count Morado
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes