The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
He started his Patreon in 2016, so not really. Unless you count the time he did it for himself without asking for $, then maybe. Otherwise, you had 1 try and failed
I don't wanna start a rant here, I've probably played the game before you, this thread was created on Aug 2016, ~6years till now, and the game is not finished, considering the update frequency, 7years for a completed game is very conservative. Also considering the earnings he can probably run a small company and get things done quick. Just my 2 cents

Jun 8, 2022
Is it possible to do something where you can play any story line in the game with a single character?

For example, take Debbie and play through Diane's storyline, Mrs. Smith's, etc etc...

I know the dialogue would have to be re-written and that itself is a big task. But, if that is the only thing that must be changed, it is manageable.

The question is, is it possible to replace the character model in any scene with another character model? Or is it not possible to swap them out? Probably not that simple due to angles, perspective, size of bed etc etc...

But a man can dream.

Being able to choose a single character and play through all story lines would surely satisfy anyone out there, it'd be glorious : )

Dec 20, 2021
Is it possible to do something where you can play any story line in the game with a single character?

For example, take Debbie and play through Diane's storyline, Mrs. Smith's, etc etc...

I know the dialogue would have to be re-written and that itself is a big task. But, if that is the only thing that must be changed, it is manageable.

The question is, is it possible to replace the character model in any scene with another character model? Or is it not possible to swap them out? Probably not that simple due to angles, perspective, size of bed etc etc...

But a man can dream.

Being able to choose a single character and play through all story lines would surely satisfy anyone out there, it'd be glorious : )
Well, you're not wrong

Munchking

Oct 19, 2017
I don't wanna start a rant here, I've probably played the game before you, this thread was created on Aug 2016, ~6years till now, and the game is not finished, considering the update frequency, 7years for a completed game is very conservative. Also considering the earnings he can probably run a small company and get things done quick. Just my 2 cents
This dude still ripping ppl off with tech update bs. Ohhh shi...... still at Pre Tech.
Now now, calm down everyone. P-TU #'s 5,6, and 7 are in development and on their way. Here, have a smug Eric Cartman gif. Does it help? If not I am completely out of ideas.

how-much-money-did-you-micropay-today-eric-cartman.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Johnny90H30

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
In all fairness, yes, Kompas Productions as company, is making big money, solely based on Patreon pledges, and putting way too little effort in delivering what they promised, the pace of development for this game is ridiculously slow, if this company had an Investors board, they would've fired all the devs, including DC (the founder), due incompetence and failure to deliver on a timely manner

Yes, this Tech update, at this point in time has become a meme, and all the "mini updates" could have been easily put together inside said Tech Update to deliver a bigger update, that could have shut up all the people complaining about it

I have said back then that DC and the rest have no way to say that they are not earning enough, they are getting US $75K per month, and taking in account that Patreon is taking a cut as low as 5% (US $3750) and as high as 12% (US $9000), we are talking that the dev team of 7 are getting around US $71K (5% cut) ~ US $66K (12% cut) if you divide that amount evenly they are earning US $10K (5% cut) ~ US $9400 (12% cut) per head, per month, which is not a bad number by any accounts

In short, there's no excuses in the way this team has dragging the next update to snails pace, for 10K a month is expected to get a more productive performance

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
In all fairness, yes, Kompas Productions as company, is making big money, solely based on Patreon pledges, and putting way too little effort in delivering what they promised, the pace of development for this game is ridiculously slow, if this company had an Investors board, they would've fired all the devs, including DC (the founder), due incompetence and failure to deliver on a timely manner

Yes, this Tech update, at this point in time has become a meme, and all the "mini updates" could have been easily put together inside said Tech Update to deliver a bigger update, that could have shut up all the people complaining about it

I have said back then that DC and the rest have no way to say that they are not earning enough, they are getting US $75K per month, and taking in account that Patreon is taking a cut as low as 5% (US $3750) and as high as 12% (US $9000), we are talking that the dev team of 7 are getting around US $71K (5% cut) ~ US $66K (12% cut) if you divide that amount evenly they are earning US $10K (5% cut) ~ US $9400 (12% cut) per head, per month, which is not a bad number by any accounts

In short, there's no excuses in the way this team has dragging the next update to snails pace, for 10K a month is expected to get a more productive performance
Even if they earn a million per head per month, they are not your personal slaves to do as you like. Apparently people like the game enough to donate.

Should they throw the money away? No. Did they ask for the money, or even force anybody to pay? No. Is the game free for everybody? Yes. Do you pay and feel pissed because they do not want to work harder only because you give them a dollar every month? Then stop paying. Do you even pay?

Btw/ What a Legend (the game in your sig) had it's last update much longer ago. Quality takes as much time as money.

As an after-thought: With your logic, you can demand any actor to make three times as many movies, any band to produce ten songs per month. Or do you prefer them to act/sing faster the more money they make?

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado

OmenBR

Mar 18, 2018
Still waiting for the Annie update.
Guess im gonna return in 2024...

For real though, i support the devs but these "Pre-Tech updates" are just a massive joke.
Especially since we are most likely getting a 5th one and then the Tech Update itself which will probably not have that much more content than the Pre-Tech ones.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Mi idioma nativo no es el inglés, es el español pensé que estaba haciendo una simple pregunta de manera neutral, no es para que me responda de manera agresiva sin razón.

Simplemente pregunte porque no hacían una versión comprimida también para Android, solo eso
In your initial question, you asked why there is no compressed Android version. The answer could simply have been "Because". Morado gave some more details, which were to my understanding not rude, considering the fact that your question has a touch of demand to it.

And now you are being impolite, posting Spanish in an English forum, without even bothering to use Google translate.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
What has any of that got to do with my 1st reply ? Dude cried it was over 7 years in dev, which it barely is even if you put over a year of DC doing the game without asking for $ on Patreon (highly doubtful). You played the game before me ? Grats then. I was there for the 1st Diane update (~0.10) when DC had a concrete date and failed, then Patreon got mad at him and he stopped giving dates, still no point in my initial reply you quoted

But a man can dream.

You could unren the .rpa, redo all the scenes with any girl, recompile it back into a new .rpa, pray to space Jeebus you not recoding anything won't melt your PC, enjoy ?
Any leaks of potential upcoming scenes? I know DC has accidentally revealed scene names in streams before
As far as we know, it's supposed to be the mafia girls (old leak that can be changed on DC's whim hours before release)

Amount on main Patreon page is after Patreon's cut, DC still streams ~daily for hours (on top of doing lewds off-screen, which can amount to more work/hours than most people in here crying), rest of the team is mostly part-timers. And as srk stated : whatever they get is a donation, the game is still free, they owe you nothing, you still get a free update every few months, etc. You do realize the only point of the pre-techs is so Patrons have something to do while they wait ? Yeah, let's not release anything for over a year and condense 5+ updates worth over 30 scenes into 1 massive build on top of the re-coding, which not only would take even longer to release but destroy the entirety of pledgers, which would just cancel the game. Bigbrain move there, you just killed the game because you can't take waiting for a free game for ~2-4 months
Still waiting for the Annie update.
Guess im gonna return in 2024...

For real though, i support the devs but these "Pre-Tech updates" are just a massive joke.
Especially since we are most likely getting a 5th one and then the Tech Update itself which will probably not have that much more content than the Pre-Tech ones.
Tech update is wider screen, new locations and re-code. Check quote above about pre-techs' goal. You won't get (m)any lewds in the tech itself

Feb 11, 2022
Tech update is wider screen, new locations and re-code. Check quote above about pre-techs' goal. You won't get (m)any lewds in the tech itself
To expand, DC is very upfront about how development is going on stream and why it takes as long as it does.

They've had numerous coders with different standards work on the game over the years and the result is huge spaghetti code.
For example, the Main Story Part 1 was delayed a whole ass month after the progress bar hit 100% due to bug fixes alone.
MS Part 2 and 3 saw delays not nearly as severe as this, but it became pretty clear that the code needed to be fixed up or else delays that big would repeat. Hence why the tech update started immediately after.

The plan was to bring the game into widescreen for Android optimization, add new locations on 1 map instead of having to make a separate one, and clean up the code a bit. On top of that, there was to a batch of scenes for 6 characters at the end so it that there was something there for people who just wanted a good fap.
The former two happened quickly. DC expected updating the school to take 3 weeks. He did it in 1. This included day evening and night versions for some of the screens. Even the new locations didn't take long.
I bring this up because it's important to know just how bad the coding of SS was. If the code wasn't a complete mess, the tech update would have been done in 4 months tops just as DC estimated. But it was so shit the basically had to recode the whole game.

DC admitted that he knows how frustrating this is. But it would have had to happen sooner or later and sooner is far better.
There will be less bugs, less time fixing bugs, implementing new content will be easier and come out faster.

And during all this, DC has gotten a head start on Annie and Rhonda's content. Has added in elements to the tech update that would of have been done at a much later date such as a better UI. And of course 26 new scenes for the past year and another batch due when the update finally drops.

I'm not saying people can't be mad at how long this is taking or that DC is above criticism for poorly managing the code base and who touches it prior to this, but to act like the guy is being heinously deceptive about it when he very explicitly is not is just absurd.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
To expand, DC is very upfront about how development is going on stream and why it takes as long as it does.

They've had numerous coders with different standards work on the game over the years and the result is huge spaghetti code.
For example, the Main Story Part 1 was delayed a whole ass month after the progress bar hit 100% due to bug fixes alone.
MS Part 2 and 3 saw delays not nearly as severe as this, but it became pretty clear that the code needed to be fixed up or else delays that big would repeat. Hence why the tech update started immediately after.

The plan was to bring the game into widescreen for Android optimization, add new locations on 1 map instead of having to make a separate one, and clean up the code a bit. On top of that, there was to a batch of scenes for 6 characters at the end so it that there was something there for people who just wanted a good fap.
The former two happened quickly. DC expected updating the school to take 3 weeks. He did it in 1. This included day evening and night versions for some of the screens. Even the new locations didn't take long.
I bring this up because it's important to know just how bad the coding of SS was. If the code wasn't a complete mess, the tech update would have been done in 4 months tops just as DC estimated. But it was so shit the basically had to recode the whole game.

DC admitted that he knows how frustrating this is. But it would have had to happen sooner or later and sooner is far better.
There will be less bugs, less time fixing bugs, implementing new content will be easier and come out faster.

And during all this, DC has gotten a head start on Annie and Rhonda's content. Has added in elements to the tech update that would of have been done at a much later date such as a better UI. And of course 26 new scenes for the past year and another batch due when the update finally drops.

I'm not saying people can't be mad at how long this is taking or that DC is above criticism for poorly managing the code base and who touches it prior to this, but to act like the guy is being heinously deceptive about it when he very explicitly is not is just absurd.
"How to sum up the last 1-2 year of the thread"

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny90H30

Apr 11, 2021
In your initial question, you asked why there is no compressed Android version. The answer could simply have been "Because". Morado gave some more details, which were to my understanding not rude, considering the fact that your question has a touch of demand to it.

And now you are being impolite, posting Spanish in an English forum, without even bothering to use Google translate.
"God's bodikins, man, much better! Use every man after his desert, and who should escape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity" -Hamlet to Polonius, act II, scene II-

incest lover m/s

Mar 27, 2022
this game is cool but i will only play it again when i have the portuguese translation with the incest patch included

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes