MONOHELL

Mar 10, 2019
How many months without an update? I wish I had the level of income to be able to feed a developer with money that do nothing.

fapmeister

Sep 4, 2017
It's been +2 years since the last major update...
But surely, there will be repercussions in funding terms THIS time right?
People won't keep paying insane volumes of cash for a 30 minute update every couple of years, RIGHT?

At this point I don't even blame the developers as much as I used to. It's also the fault of those funding the scam willingly.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
People won't keep paying insane volumes of cash for a 30 minute update every couple of years, RIGHT?

At this point I don't even blame the developers as much as I used to. It's also the fault of those funding the scam willingly.
Be honest. If you would stand to get $605k this year and $500k the next and all you'd need to do is not rock the boat, just keep putting out a few wallpapers every few months, doddle aimlessly at backgrounds for a few hours / week and MAYBE put out a few more releases with 30 mins of content each if things get too bad, would you do this easiest of jobs and cash in on your free $1 million or what?

Every single one of you would cash in on that free money. That's what's up.

Jan 14, 2018

Nope there won't be any consequences.
There are devs that have literally done nothing for years while receiving 100,000$+/yr then disappeared.
Patreon also doesn't care cause they get paid regardless and there's no legal trouble coming their way.

Patrons have become delusional in thinking DC is their IRL friend and that the game is as hard as making skyrim from scratch using assembly. DC is really good at making simple problems seem like impossible tasks and making excuses for his shit decisions. If you don't know anything about coding, game design or art design you're inclined to believe him. If you do know how to code and/or draw and how game studios work you realize this guy is really incompetent at everything that's not art.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Blame the patrons. This game is good but not good enough to be worth the waiting + financial support.
Without any patreon support, this game wouldn't be past v0.14 because the developer would need to work fulltime somewhere else and only scant free time in developing - like many of the developers you find on F95 (and people bitch about how little content there is or how long there is between updates - it doesn't matter who the developer or game is, any slight delay and the pitchforks from the entitled whiners come out even though the vast majority of them are either playing for free because someone leaked a copy or because the developer offers it for free to everyone). So instead of blaming the subscribers, you should be thanking them while you continue to play a game that is free for you to play directly from the developer.

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018

The game is free ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some people get more cash thrown at them for posting pics of their feet.

Jan 14, 2018
Can we just nuke this thread pls?
This is the only well known place where you won't get banned for saying anything negative or critical. The discord and stream people get banned immediately. If you want the "evil negativity" to go away you're free to go there, it's even more popular than here. You're also able to post anything regarding the game here, nobody's stopping you and you will still get a reply.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
This is the only well known place where you won't get banned for saying anything negative or critical.
Yes, yes... all those thoughtful and measured critical responses.

In reality this topic really doesn't provide any value to anybody anymore. It's sadly the way of most games with slower development circles (the WaL! topic will likely reach that point soon, too) which adress a general audience. It's just very little to fun to even talk about the game, when there's such a huge number people complaining about the same thing again and again.

As soon as a large enough number of people start being overly negative, those people of the dev team, who were active in the community, usually leave because they don't want to bother, while others often follow them to the official channels, where they can still talk about the game without being interrupted daily by some idiot, who claims the dev ran away with the money or became an alcoholic and who tries to prevent them from spending another $2.50 on something they like.

Same is true for let's say reddit, by the way, so it's not only the case here.

Last edited:

caspian90

Feb 8, 2020
Every few months I came back to the same 78-80% just out of curiosity.
You are not entitled to other's spending.
Just enjoy other games till this update either be over or abandoned.
And comeback in a month or two or even more.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes