Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Why would he do that? After all they are supposed to be sisters...
Next to that, it would mean to redraw every bit of Diana's art that's in the game, which is basically impossible ever since 0.17 was released.
I mean, he literally has stated he wants to rework Debbie's art, only that her new sprite isn't going to be used in everything in the tech update.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I mean, he literally has stated he wants to rework Debbie's art, only that her new sprite isn't going to be used in everything in the tech update.
Well, Debbie's new art is already in the game in quite a few places. Like during the first day or during parts of the main story. Reworking her art basically just means to bring everything to that new standard, but it won't really change her looks or so.

So it's not like with Eve or to some degree Ronda, who did or will change quite a bit more.

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
It's getting a little ridiculous here.
People who want to can send him or anyone else money and who does not want to is also good. Only why you try here all the time to embarrass people who want to support someone?
Yes the update unfortunately takes a long time but should he just stop now and produce nothing more would you happy?
I think rather no that you do not want that.

• Haha
Reactions: Jarul and Username7

ArsenHumby

Nov 27, 2020
I have never though that DC was a bad Dev or something but his coder on the other hand is mediocre at best complete garbage at worst.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I have never though that DC was a bad Dev or something but his coder on the other hand is mediocre at best complete garbage at worst.
You do know that DC was his own coder for a while, and he'll agree with you that he was garbage. It's the reason why he hired the current coder to fix all the mistakes that he and other coders made in the past. And fixing the code is one of the reasons for this tech update. If you have problems with the code - it's not the fault of the current coder, but past transgressions before that person was hired.

Reactions: BrotherNewt

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
You do know that DC was his own coder for a while, and he'll agree with you that he was garbage. It's the reason why he hired the current coder to fix all the mistakes that he and other coders made in the past. And fixing the code is one of the reasons for this tech update. If you have problems with the code - it's not the fault of the current coder, but past transgressions before that person was hired.
It's basically like the shit o'l Yandere Simulator situation (except the dev for that one is a dickhead). At least DC ain't defensive about it and trying to fix the clusterfuck, but this old fuck-up sure is a veeeery timely one, huh? :KEK:

badabamm

Jan 3, 2018
You're probably thinking of DOS days, where 0.20 would have meant that it was 20% complete. Nowadays, it just means that it's the 20th major release. MAME is on version 0.253 and you don't hear people saying "26 years and this emulator is only on version 0.253 with no signs of being anywhere close to being done."
Sorry, but that is not really true. MAME has one of the special versionings out there which is even mentioned in Wikipedia as such. Most of the time a major release is referenced by a change in the first number and a minor release by a change in the second number. And I would argue that most of MAMEs versions are actually not major releases ...

Reactions: Artoriasex
Jun 21, 2020
:confused:Is there any improvement in Debbie's story or render quality? I stopped paying & playing summertime saga since 2019 as i got bored with the story and it's render qualities.

Black_cat77

Nov 3, 2022
Friends, I do not know a lot about programming, the code for the games how long is written in general, if not fool around, as the author and his company does?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Omnikuken

Cube78

May 10, 2020
Friends, I do not know a lot about programming, the code for the games how long is written in general, if not fool around, as the author and his company does?
As a professional programmer, I can say I have no idea.

There's no "standard effort to complete a game, whatever the games is". It depends on the game, of course, and an effort estimation can be done (tentatively) only by someone who have some knowledge of the project at code level. That's not my case.

Jan 14, 2018
Is Mrs. Johnson getting a full remake of her scenes with the tech update? or are the wallpapers just there to add on top/introduce her and we get her remake later on?
It would make sense to just redo her same time as aspect ratio change :unsure:

Username7

May 1, 2017
Is Mrs. Johnson getting a full remake of her scenes with the tech update? or are the wallpapers just there to add on top/introduce her and we get her remake later on?
It would make sense to just redo her same time as aspect ratio change :unsure:
Right now the tech update's only going to be the widescreen and all the code rework, the new intro shots are for an enhanced version of Day 1 when you first meet everyone, DC's toyed with the idea on stream a few times about including a final batch of scenes with it. But it wouldn't be for characters that needs a rework which is why no one from Erik or Mia's routes got any scenes in the pre techs because they're going to completely rebuild them at some point after Judith. DC's also mentioned on stream a few times that maybe the poll for after Judith will be for routes that need reworks.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes