Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
New scene? I'm pretty sure I went through this event like every time I have replayed this game
Think the event is the same but the view point is different (?). Also don't remember her being totally nude in that event just 'bib' top down - but it has been a while.

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
As a professional programmer, I can say I have no idea.

There's no "standard effort to complete a game, whatever the games is". It depends on the game, of course, and an effort estimation can be done (tentatively) only by someone who have some knowledge of the project at code level. That's not my case.
If you don't mind me asking, how long it would take to completely remake the game? Having all the assets on hand.

emixam2005

Jan 2, 2020
That gonna depend on the program its being used, how good is the coder, how many coders are involved, etc.
And concerning summetime saga, do we know which program they use? Is it such a complex one? How many coder has Darkcookie in his team?

Is there on this forum someone who has answer to these question and that could say if it is normal or not that we have to wait so long for this tech update to be done?

I don't get why he decide to make that tech update 2 years ago :-(
The game was already great and some games are really fantastic without needing to be at the top of technology or whatever.

I get it that he wanted a better game, it is normal to want to make good work but here, it just seems he kind he got lost in his wish for amelioration.

Don't know if I translated it correctly since english is not my language by birth, but there is a saying in french telling "the best is the worst enemy of the better" meaning that running after the absolute best solution is actually the best way to screw up while having a "not-so-perfect" solution that do the job is enough to succeed most of the time. It is the reason of the failure of a lot of great project.

Of course let's hope that's not the case for Darkcookie and his game, but he is loosing a lot of credit among his fan by forcing such a long waiting time, and will it be worth it?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
And concerning summetime saga, do we know which program they use? Is it such a complex one? How many coder has Darkcookie in his team?

Is there on this forum someone who has answer to these question and that could say if it is normal or not that we have to wait so long for this tech update to be done?

The game was already great and some games are really fantastic without needing to be at the top of technology or whatever.

I get it that he wanted a better game, it is normal to want to make good work but here, it just seems he kind he got lost in his wish for amelioration.

Don't know if I translated it correctly since english is not my language by birth, but there is a saying in french telling "the best is the worst enemy of the better" meaning that running after the absolute best solution is actually the best way to screw up while having a "not-so-perfect" solution that do the job is enough to succeed most of the time. It is the reason of the failure of a lot of great project.

Of course let's hope that's not the case for Darkcookie and his game, but he is loosing a lot of credit among his fan by forcing such a long waiting time, and will it be worth it?
All of your questions and concerns have been answered and addressed dozens, if not hundreds, of times in this thread. If you would have used the search option on any page in this thread, it would have saved you time.

First of all, this is a free game to play. Dark Cookie provides it free for everyone on his website. You don't need to "pirate" it to play it. It is free because there are people who willingly and voluntarily contribute on Patreon. They aren't being forced, they can stop at any time. A good number have, but an even larger number remain subscribers. It's their choice. Without them, the game would take longer for development and would be of lesser quality than it is.
  • As shown in the header of this page, the game is made in Ren'Py.
  • The number of coders is moot, because the number Dark Cookie has is the number he wants. If he wanted more, he would have hired more. He has not.
  • It is both not normal and is normal to wait this long. This is a game with a lot of code (thousands of lines) that needs reviewed and revised and a lot of layers of art that needs posed (20,000+ images). The art and the scripting is done for the tech update.
  • The reasons for the tech update are many and are found if you use the search function. I have personally copy/pasted them several times and have typed up a FAQ that I have posted nearly 70 times in the past 18 months for people to learn more. In the end, the biggest marketshare of players are mobile users - 16:9 display ratio with a certain amount of memory constraints. Much of this tech update goes to making their experience better (changing from 4:3 display to 16:9, 'optimizing' the code for smaller footprint and more responsive to future updates, etc).
  • For the number of people who leave, there are just as many who find Dark Cookie for the first time. It is still the number one adult game on Patreon, measured by number of subscribers (almost 2x the number of #2), and the game has been downloaded millions of times (uptodown(dot)com lists 59m downloads, alone). I don't think he has much to worry about, particularly once the tech update is done, he will see a boost of players both who have left to come back and new.
When does the game start to get actiony? Been playing for a while and seems like a while because MC gets any sex
Perhaps you should go to the wiki and follow the walkthrough on there to make sure you're hitting the right quests.

Reactions: t4ewk

endlust

Jul 22, 2017

The tech update was needed. From what I remember, a lot of his code was still in the game from when he was working alone and it was causing issues in further updates. DC delayed it but the inevitable caught up with him and the team. Your criticism is hitting close to the issue with DC and SS.

This has been discuss before on this forum and it will continue to be discussed because the core issue hasn't been addressed. Years ago it was the art being blamed, today it's the code. The tech update was inevitable but it isn't the problem. He's always had an issue with managing this project.

emixam2005

Jan 2, 2020
The tech update was needed. From what I remember, a lot of his code was still in the game from when he was working alone and it was causing issues in further updates. DC delayed it but the inevitable caught up with him and the team. Your criticism is hitting close to the issue with DC and SS.

This has been discuss before on this forum and it will continue to be discussed because the core issue hasn't been addressed. Years ago it was the art being blamed, today it's the code. The tech update was inevitable but it isn't the problem. He's always had an issue with managing this project.
I actually never had any problem with the art
I'm still one of the guy wanting more Jenny and roxy update even if I know I will have kids or even grand kids before that :ROFLMAO:
So sad not being able to knock roxy and her friends up yet
But I don't mind, I keep on following the game anyway (but stopped being donator long time ago now)

endlust

Jul 22, 2017
I actually never had any problem with the art
I'm still one of the guy wanting more Jenny and roxy update even if I know I will have kids or even grand kids before that :ROFLMAO:
So sad not being able to knock roxy and her friends up yet
But I don't mind, I keep on following the game anyway (but stopped being donator long time ago now)
Same! His art is what pulled me to the game initially. Eve has always been my favorite but I can't wait to tame the shew Annie. The game's popularity is well earned.

I used to be a Patreon donator too way back. I think I stopped when the reworks started.

Reactions: emixam2005

emixam2005

Jan 2, 2020
Same! His art is what pulled me to the game initially. Eve has always been my favorite but I can't wait to tame the shew Annie. The game's popularity is well earned.

I used to be a Patreon donator too way back. I think I stopped when the reworks started.
Not much of Annie fan on my side
But can't wait to have an update with the redhead friend of Roxy, Becca
The more she say she doesn't like MC the more I want to see her fucked until she can't deny it anymore (weird kink maybe but well... it is that kind of game after all)
Can't wait either to see that Becca with the positive pregnancy test and be like "hey! hey! look who got both mom and daughter" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: endlust

endlust

Jul 22, 2017
Not much of Annie fan on my side
But can't wait to have an update with the redhead friend of Roxy, Becca
The more she say she doesn't like MC the more I want to see her fucked until she can't deny it anymore (weird kink maybe but well... it is that kind of game after all)
Can't wait either to see that Becca with the positive pregnancy test and be like "hey! hey! look who got both mom and daughter" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hell yea! I'm with you there. Love Becca! Can't wait to see him add more preg content. My drive for Annie is more for the love of taming the shrew lol. Ronda is up there too.

Krabe

Nov 29, 2017
Friends, I do not know a lot about programming, the code for the games how long is written in general, if not fool around, as the author and his company does?
There is no complexity(no fancy AI, no complex CG, no simulations of physics, and so on).
Simply logic, simply minigames.
So technically, they can just hire a pack of russian\indian guys for cheap and get a bunch of decent programmers.

But speed, quality, and delivery frequency are not what this monetization model may offer.
So they will not.

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
Well, the business model of Patreon is truly make "consumer" like you guys have a hard time to complaint. Since, Patreon didn't give a shit about you. Cause you didn't buy shit. You just support the project by paying. If you didn't want to support it, you think it's a scam, or anything, simply just stop supporting. You gain nothing by complaining. It's just the business model. And if you don't like it, well, that's capitalism for you.

They don't force you to pay shit, so just don't. In the meantime, while waiting for who knows how long, you can try another awesome game on this site. There's A LOT of hidden gems in here.

Caim777

Apr 4, 2023
As bad as it sounds, I wonder if Maria and MC could end up together in the end. I like Tony and he helped the MC out a lot, but just something special about her that makes you want to make her yours

Reactions: hobler1

Little_Cap

Nov 5, 2020
Off-topic and cherry picking of data, but...

DC is still #1 subscriber-wise. As he has been for over 5 years and will be for quite awhile - even as the number of subscribers peel off their donations (oh, the horror :rolleyes:) during the long wait. DC still has more subscribers and higher income than he did at the start of the COVID pandemic when he had already exploded past all his $$ goals on Patreon. He is still more than double his top goal for hiring the staff he has on board at this time.

View attachment 2586617

Money-wise DC has been behind Adeptus Steve and Heat for awhile because those other two developers have higher subscriber tiers ($1, $10, $25, $50, $100 and $2, $10, $20, $50) compared to DC ($1, $5, $10, $20) even with them having half or less the number of subscribers. Perhaps everyone whinging about the other two should go into their threads and mount a protest about how they are scamming their fans with such high tiers... wait, no? Ok.

If if were not for the subscribers - Summertime Saga would still be back around v0.12 or v0.13 and releases would be slower with even less content.

Why a bunch of so-called pirate adult game players are so fucking worried about how much or how little a developer brings in with donations for a game the developer provides to everyone for free within a couple of days of release is unfathomable unless you consider the level of entitlement and jealousy that these whingers must have to be so concerned with the flaccidness of their cock along with the sveltness of their wallet.

I'll now wait for my post to get deleted by a mod as being an off-topic reply to an off-topic whinge.

Acktuallyyyyyyyy... not since 2018. :ROFLMAO:
Damn, here I was thinking that Dr Pinkcake had the most subscribers out of all of the NSFW creators, thats crazy to think that he's behind DC, considering he puts so much more time into BaD than unlike DC, because Pinkcake does everything himself, he doesnt even have a team

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Damn, here I was thinking that Dr Pinkcake had the most subscribers out of all of the NSFW creators, thats crazy to think that he's behind DC, considering he puts so much more time into BaD than unlike DC, because Pinkcake does everything himself, he doesnt even have a team
Subscribers don't mean that much. DC provides the whole game on release day and a few extra goodies like an archive of every stream he ever did for $1. Most other devs will charge at least $10 to $20 for that and may provide a free game a few months later - if at all.
In case of DPC you'll have to spend at least $5 to get anything of value (more actually, given his strange system) and as such fewer people are going to pay.

As such DC certainly has more subscribers, but he'll earn (at lot) less money overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes