Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
anyone know what happened to the gallery unlocker
See #6 from my FAQ a week ago: #71,087. I also recommend #1
Has there been any new official updates, character art posts?
Not since 10 Jun. You know you can check yourself and then scroll through the posts here for the same date to see what the patreon message says, because people copy/paste here within the day. You can also search this thread for the headline of the patreon message... and find the copy post even quicker.

Dragon Ember

Nov 11, 2018
ya i get that issue everytime i go to the school
and dont know why and i havent used codes or nothing plz help with this issues with in game

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
average pay in america is 25-40 k a YEAR
Individual median income per year in the United States is $55,000-$60,000 - you are way off. Also, that is not relevant because that is including the person making $9 per hour at some burger joint in a small town and not game development. The average Lead Game Developer salary is about $150,000 per year. So, if you consider of that $$$ from Patreon, he pays business expenses (patreon fees, website hosting -- including paying for bandwidth covering Petabytes or Exabytes of data annually, taxes, etc, etc) and then salaries for the other staff -- DC isn't receiving something dramatically different than the average, particularly one who has more than a decade in the business. Ergo, your argument is not only off-topic, but completely off your rocker.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: <<Solaria>>

raif78

Oct 17, 2020
Individual median income per year in the United States is $55,000-$60,000 - you are way off. Also, that is not relevant because that is including the person making $9 per hour at some burger joint in a small town and not game development. The average Lead Game Developer salary is about $150,000 per year. So, if you consider of that $$$ from Patreon, he pays business expenses (patreon fees, website hosting -- including paying for bandwidth covering Petabytes or Exabytes of data annually, taxes, etc, etc) and then salaries for the other staff -- DC isn't receiving something dramatically different than the average, particularly one who has more than a decade in the business. Ergo, your argument is not only off-topic, but completely off your rocker.
You're not allowed to tell someone they are off their rocker in the same paragraph you suggest the dev is paying for petabytes of bandwidth (annually).

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You're not allowed to tell someone they are off their rocker in the same paragraph you suggest the dev is paying for petabytes of bandwidth (annually).
I will admit I went overboard with Exabytes (because I was going off the top of my head for counts) however, in terms of petabytes:

Game is available from the developer's website for free download for players:

The Win/Linux build is 1.1 GB (1.1x10^9)

The game has been played by over 100 million players over the years, downloaded from a variety of sources. If even just 1/10th of the downloads come from the official download location, that's at least 10 million downloads. The website has been up for 6 years. 10 million downloads / 6 years is 1.7 million (1.7x10^6) downloads per year on the average.

1.7x10^6 x 1.1x10^9 = 1.9x10^15

So, yes, it's not unthinkable to consider that DC is currently paying for hosting of uncapped download speeds for almost 2 petabytes per annum.
1687568073231.png

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

raif78

Oct 17, 2020
I will admit I went overboard with Exabytes (because I was going off the top of my head for counts) however, in terms of petabytes:

Game is available from the developer's website for free download for players:

The Win/Linux build is 1.1 GB (1.1x10^9)

The game has been played by over 100 million players over the years, downloaded from a variety of sources. If even just 1/10th of the downloads come from the official download location, that's at least 10 million downloads. The website has been up for 6 years. 10 million downloads / 6 years is 1.7 million (1.7x10^6) downloads per year on the average.

1.7x10^6 x 1.1x10^9 = 1.9x10^15

So, yes, it's not unthinkable to consider that DC is currently paying for hosting of uncapped download speeds for almost 2 petabytes per annum.
View attachment 2719335
Can you quote the source on any of your numbers? What makes you think that the game has been played by over 100 million people?

Reactions: <<Solaria>>

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Then why are YOU keep replying to everyone ? You can too "ignore both the comments and replies if it bothers you".
You are dedicated with this replies, Like it's your fulltime job !
I am not the one making your complaint... you are. I don't want to ignore many of the posts. There is a lot of misinformation, misunderstandings, and mistakes made in posts made by others and so I respond to them. It's as much of a form of entertainment as the game.

PS: I expect a mod/staff person to eventually delete many of the posts in the past page as being off topic.

Daemontan

Jun 22, 2023
I see that you have written a lot on other topics. My question is, is it worth supporting the developer on patreon now? I see almost only technical uploads, supplemented with a few scenes. I just started the game.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I see that you have written a lot on other topics. My question is, is it worth supporting the developer on patreon now? I see almost only technical uploads, supplemented with a few scenes. I just started the game.
I haven't exchanged any money with any of the developers I have found on here. You do you and at the time you want to, for how long, and how much... or nothing at all. That's your choice. It's a game the developer makes available for free for everyone to download on their website. Supporters make that possible. If you support the developer's vision/work then feel free to leave a little something for them to show your appreciation, just like dropping a tip every so often into a busker's hat or guitar case who plays the same five songs on the street corner that you walk by on your way to work. But you aren't obliged to do so, nor are you expected to do so... by anyone, including the developer.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
so, its coming up to 8 months since the last update, right? did something happened? wasnt it supposed to be 3 updates per year? or did they change to 1 per year now?

havent really played the game since the first "pre tech" release so im out of the loop. how is it going?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
so, its coming up to 8 months since the last update, right? did something happened? wasnt it supposed to be 3 updates per year? or did they change to 1 per year now?

havent really played the game since the first "pre tech" release so im out of the loop. how is it going?
Nope, it wasn't supposed to be 3 updates per year. It has always been about releasing an update when they think it's ready.

After the 6th pre-tech update, they decided to nix them and focus strictly on the tech update.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They've decided to share monthly written reports on Patreon about how the tech update is going until it is finally released. No, they don't know when and the subscribers know that it is going to be awhile. In the meantime, DC continues to stream regularly on Picarto working on art for other updates and ideas for the game while the poser and coding staff work through their bottlenecked tasks, since the art is considered complete for the tech update.

Finally, see #10 here for the link to 29 May's report: #71,087

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes