PULALAU1

Oct 13, 2017
it was so refreshing to play the game again since 2018 and actualy finish it but hmm in my the most content is arround the family and the others character hmm sloppy work on there , but would be hard to add to much content for every character
6/10

jakjak123456

Jan 18, 2018
I think DC did say at one point that the planned Prom date events are supposed to be the eventual end of the story of Summertime Saga, and that they would likely be one of the last major updates he ever does to the game - however even when he does release that update I don't expect him to just up and end development of the game.
The whole prom thing doesn't make sense now considering it's supposed to be a college unless he's changing it back to highschool when it's done. Otherwise the school dialogue and art need to be redone to make it look more like a college.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
The whole prom thing doesn't make sense now considering it's supposed to be a college unless he's changing it back to highschool when it's done. Otherwise the school dialogue and art need to be redone to make it look more like a college.
Just do it like Life is Strange and change it to a college prep school. That game had to do it when the initial 15-16 year old kids thing didn't fly so well with the Americans.

MBD2212

Mar 10, 2020
It's been awhile since I've been here.
Damn! That tech update is taking a long time coming o_O
I remember back in 2016 when i first saw this game. Since then I became a cabinet-maker and now I'm studying to become an engineer with 1.5 year left.
I said to myself back then... This game will be done when I'm done with my studies. Guess I'm gonna be wrong on this one :ROFLMAO:
But man... Coming on this thread today and remembering where i was back in 2016 and now is pretty wild!
Hopefully the updates are gonna take some pace and get done in a more rapidly fashion. Otherwise if you can't handle the wait guys, just start studying again time flies by when you learn stuff! :giggle:

Jun 18, 2018
With the tech update nowhere in sight let's look at what Darkcookie has been doing lately on stream. Let's check in on our boy.
June 12th: Very rough sketches of a stick figure getting sodomized
June 14th: 2 hours of drawing a racist caricature of a black guy
June 15th: drawing a black guy getting shocked by trans dick, starts a sketch of the black guy getting raped
June 16th: finishing the drawing of the black guy getting anally violated
June 19th: drawing nazis
A productive week. Tech update anyday now.

9phil9

Jun 28, 2018
At the rate this VN is progressing, it will take almost 5 years before the tech update is published. So for those who are supporting DC with your money, in the hopes he gets this project done. I hope I am wrong, but it's been 6 months since he was at 79%. That's roughly 3 months per percentage, and 19% is left to go...hmmm... 19 times 3 months equals what, 57 months? Do I hear a lot of you starting to say MOOOO...

Pyromancy

Aug 26, 2020
At the rate this VN is progressing, it will take almost 5 years before the tech update is published. So for those who are supporting DC with your money, in the hopes he gets this project done. I hope I am wrong, but it's been 6 months since he was at 79%. That's roughly 3 months per percentage, and 19% is left to go...hmmm... 19 times 3 months equals what, 57 months? Do I hear a lot of you starting to say MOOOO...
It's a real pity too. I'm quite sure that most of Cookie's fans, like myself, would love to see the main arc finished and then all the extra bits of rework and bonus scenes getting their loving.

Or perhaps I'm just old and I remember the days when developers, both AAA and indi, were focused more on finishing a project than dragging out the "open beta" portion for ages on end. I really like this game, and I mean that. I really like this game. But I don't often return to playing it because I'm waiting for enough story progression to make the update feel like I'm seeing something new. Fap material is all good, but I follow this game because the story is very well thought out and the characters are enjoyable...I feel invested in the results of the story. That's not something I get in many games. It's not something many games even try to achieve.

If Dark Cookie is stalling to find work arounds to a "bad end" scenario then he shouldn't. If Dark Cookie is just stalling story progression because of the fan content requests then there needs to be a better balance of time management for game progress and game fluffing. Either way I do follow this game and I'm waiting for enough story update to play without saying "That's it?" when I'm done. Game Development is a slog, so I'm willing to wait. But some aren't.

• Sad
Reactions: StreamSteam
Apr 22, 2019
With the tech update nowhere in sight let's look at what Darkcookie has been doing lately on stream. Let's check in on our boy.
June 15th: drawing a black guy getting shocked by trans dick, starts a sketch of the black guy getting raped
And I thought you were being sarcastic..
1687331326528.png
And I wonder where's the famous monthly status-update as announced.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Art is "done" for the tech update, that's not what is holding up the tech update. At least some of the artwork you note is for future releases. #71,074
And I thought you were being sarcastic..
View attachment 2712589
And I wonder where's the famous monthly status-update as announced.
Seeing as how the first one was 29 May 2023 #70,800 ... your wondering is a wee bit premature. When it isn't posted around 29 June 2023, I expect many to join you in wondering.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes