gameers

Dec 3, 2017
if in update will not been redwared all bg and images to full hd, so i don't know what are they doing all year. xd

Balddog

Mar 3, 2021
To be precise, the progress is 83.75%.

To be even more precise:

It seems to me like an export from a project management tool like Jira.
The freezed progress bar is IMHO either be caused by (a) they worked for months to tasks that were not originally planned, so their completion didn't make the progress bar advance, or (b) they didn't update the status in the tool for months.
All I know is that at this point, I've lost interest in this game. I bet you anything that IF they release the new update by the end of the month, you'll watch this thread go form "Summertime Saga v0.20.16" to either "Summertime Saga v0.20.18" or Summertime Saga v0.20.20." Either way, we would have had waited a whole year for about 2 hours (if we're that lucky) of new content. That doesn't quite scream "We care about our fan base." Don't get me wrong, ONCE Annie's route drops five years from now, I'll defiantly come back to this game.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
All I know is that at this point, I've lost interest in this game. I bet you anything that IF they release the new update by the end of the month, you'll watch this thread go form "Summertime Saga v0.20.16" to either "Summertime Saga v0.20.18" or Summertime Saga v0.20.20." Either way, we would have had waited a whole year for about 2 hours (if we're that lucky) of new content. That doesn't quite scream "We care about our fan base." Don't get me wrong, ONCE Annie's route drops five years from now, I'll defiantly come back to this game.
There will be no update by the end of this month or next month or for at least several months - spring 2024, at the earliest.

Also, that next update will have ZERO new playthrough content. v0.21.0 is the tech update that has been worked on for over 2.5 years.

We'll see you in 2025 or later when v0.23.0 - Annie's update - is released.

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
I do hope for DC's sake he gets out that Tech update before Patreon implodes, as I genuinely wonder how many people will actually migrate and continue paying monthly at current rates when Patreon goes bust or does an Elon. I don't think it's a matter of *if* Patreon implodes either; it'll happen and it might be quite soon.

Looking at the roadmap it's clear DC was quietly gunning for that Tech update to win because it seemed to be on his mind for a while. I wonder how he feels about it now.

Reactions: Davai099

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I do hope for DC's sake he gets out that Tech update before Patreon implodes, as I genuinely wonder how many people will actually migrate and continue paying monthly at current rates when Patreon goes bust or does an Elon. I don't think it's a matter of *if* Patreon implodes either; it'll happen and it might be quite soon.

Looking at the roadmap it's clear DC was quietly gunning for that Tech update to win because it seemed to be on his mind for a while. I wonder how he feels about it now.
Though the discussion of Patreon "imploding" or "going bust" is off-topic --- There's nothing in the Patreon subscriber trends (#73,034) that points to either, whether in the near future or the far.

As for the polling 3 years ago for the tech update -- there was nothing quiet about DC's support. He planned to do it, no matter what. The choice for the patreons was whether to do it before R(h)onda's update or after.

DC has previously stated that the android market for Summertime Saga, in terms of official downloads, is large - if not the largest segment of official downloads. In addition to his own data - the global data show that more people are connecting to the internet with mobile devices than with desktops/laptops. Also, for the gaming industry, in general, mobile revenues surpass any other gaming platform - computer, console, etc. The tech update has a strong focus in making the game more enjoyable for the mobile market. Even though he sucks at project management - he doesn't seem to lack at vision: the tech update is about future playing, not the players of today... or yesterday.

noirsin7

May 19, 2020
Till this day i still don't know why DC not put more his focus on coding instead an art last time i check the art is 3 patch in advance but code is not much it's was like the car engine is broke and little scratched on the frame but car mechanic re install all frame in the car 2 time then re paint frame over and over but only welding the engine 1cm per week

GoGoGorilla

Oct 10, 2017
It's been like four years since anything substantial came out. It's utter insanity and I don't know why people keep paying.

Nullx54

Jun 4, 2017

If that is the case then it's a risky gambit considering how 1 to 4 months update cycles are the norm with most devs.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Till this day i still don't know why DC not put more his focus on coding instead an art last time i check the art is 3 patch in advance but code is not much it's was like the car engine is broke and little scratched on the frame but car mechanic re install all frame in the car 2 time then re paint frame over and over but only welding the engine 1cm per week
the answer for most of these questions is bad project management + he's getting the money anyways

Balddog

Mar 3, 2021
the answer for most of these questions is bad project management + he's getting the money anyways
Which is sad considering the amount of support that this game has. I mean this game would be near the top, if not THE top adult gaming game. And I'm basing that on the reviews, supporters and community discussion. This game is so immersive that I got hooked when I first played it. I understand that some things take time to mesh out, but at least, DC could release an update that would just further the game along to maybe some short of ending. Or at least let people know, "Hey, I'm still here. I'm not dead like some of you guys think."

Which is what I thought was the reason why this game wasn't updating. Reading that the next update might not be until Spring of next year, puts little faith that this game will see a 100% completion. Especially, when you are looking around and notice that certain things have been under construction for a long time. If I remember correctly there's about four or five things in the Main Character's house attic that have future storylines. One of them is a wedding dress (if I remember correctly.) I have so many questions on what questline that is a part of. Is it for you to ask the MC "step"mother to reenact her wedding? Can you use it to "marry" your "step"sister or one of your other Love Interests? Is the librarian going to be a LI?

These are serious questions that I would love to know.

Reactions: nnoe and McSlut
Jul 14, 2023
By the time this 'Tech Update' releases, this game will be old...better games are out there already. A few years ago, this game was a big deal! DarkCookie is a drip-feeding parasite, the 'tech update' has become a thing of legend and disgust in forum circles.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Reading that the next update might not be until Spring of next year
where did you read that? we made 1% progress in 5 months or so, until the tracker makes a huge jump or consistently goes up for a couple months it's impossible to make such predictions and then there will also probably be a long bug fixing phase once the tracker reaches 100%. spring next years sound very optimistc to me.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I mean this game would be near the top, if not THE top adult gaming game.
It is the top adult game and DarkCookie is the number three creator for all of Patreon (not just adult games), based upon subscription numbers. Even prior to the new way Patreon measures - it was #1 for adult games and top 20 for all of Patreon. It has been for 6 years.
1697710268516.png 1697710322023.png
1697709590079.png
puts little faith that this game will see a 100% completion.
DarkCookie has been up front for at least 6 years that this game may never "end" (from #72,320):

These are serious questions that I would love to know.
So go ask DarkCookie these questions when he is live on Picarto on weekday afternoons (USA Eastern Time).
the 'tech update' has become a thing of legend and disgust in forum circles.
Only for those who have an oversized sense of entitlement.
spring next years sound very optimistc to me.
It's because people read what they want to read, instead of reading what is written. You are familiar with that. They had read my comment that "it will be at least spring of 2024" and think "Oh, okay, it will be out in the spring." I agree with you, it could be much later and highly improbable that it would be sooner.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes