Oberoth

Jan 14, 2020
Let's be honest, even though DarkCookie keeps working on Summertime Saga (half-heartedly), they should slap the Abandoned tag on it cuz this bloke only keeps tossing up wallpapers! It oughta be called Summertime Wallpapers cuz that's all he upload, and the spammer I've muted won't shut up defending that lazy DarkCookie, seems like his darn lawyer

Janjaap1

Sep 2, 2018
Let's be honest, even though DarkCookie keeps working on Summertime Saga (half-heartedly), they should slap the Abandoned tag on it cuz this bloke only keeps tossing up wallpapers! It oughta be called Summertime Wallpapers cuz that's all he upload, and the spammer I've muted won't shut up defending that lazy DarkCookie, seems like his darn lawyer
Yes have done that a few months ago too.
Problem is his name comes up on every other post,saying you ignore that idiot.
Wish I could remove that as well.
Bro is on the payroll of Dark Cookie,its the only explanation.

Oberoth

Jan 14, 2020
Surprised no one complained about DC "wasting time" doing a christmas wallpaper:LOL:
If DarkCookie wants to dedicate himself to just making NSFW Art it's not a waste of time, I haven't been paying his Patreon for a while, he will know what he wants to do... And if he only wants to make Wallpapers that's his business, I'm here talking about this post, where we are expecting substantial updates to the game, but it seems that having common sense is criticizable here

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I'm here talking about this post, where we are expecting substantial updates to the game, but it seems that having common sense is criticizable here
Not so much as common sense being criticizable, but rather that the rules have been prohibiting doing exactly that about devs and what they do with and on their Patreon page. That's the entire reason this conversation has become an endless cycle.

Or to spell it out for other people that might come across this post: we are not supposed to talk about DC being a scammer, milking his patrons and how much dosh the project makes. We are meant to talk about the game and nothing but the game and what's in it.

That's it.

Merry Christmas to you all, since we're already like a big bickering family in here.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Surprised no one complained about DC "wasting time" doing a christmas wallpaper:LOL:
One would think that people would realize at some point, that it's the most stupid complaint anyway, as all of these wallpapers are just actual ingame art for future updates (except for the santa coat, I'd guess).

Then again, I'm probably expecting too much here.

Maybe it's because I haven't played this game in over 2 years but did he change his art style? The characters look a little different.
I think that mainly goes for the cutscenes/wallpapers, which have become - as I see it - a bit more "artsy" in general. At the very start, the few cutscenes we've had were much closer to the 2d sprites, while now it feels like they've moved a bit closer to the sex scenes.

And sure, when it comes to Debbie and especially Rhonda, it's also true that there isn't that much of their new/better/final art in the game, yet.

Last edited:

Oberoth

Jan 14, 2020
Not so much as common sense being criticizable, but rather that the rules have been prohibiting doing exactly that about devs and what they do with and on their Patreon page. That's the entire reason this conversation has become an endless cycle.

Or to spell it out for other people that might come across this post: we are not supposed to talk about DC being a scammer, milking his patrons and how much dosh the project makes. We are meant to talk about the game and nothing but the game and what's in it.

That's it.

Merry Christmas to you all, since we're already like a big bickering family in here.
Ironic that we are required to only talk about an incompleted game that has not presented updates for more than a year and on top of that they only upload Wallpapers, well, at least they are from the game hahaha

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Ironic that we are required to only talk about an incompleted game that has not presented updates for more than a year and on top of that they only upload Wallpapers, well, at least they are from the game hahaha
I'm personally of the mind that it would do this thread some good to fall silent for a while. Other threads do pretty well with it lol.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I'm personally of the mind that it would do this thread some good to fall silent for a while. Other threads do pretty well with it lol.
You can always dont come here,you know.
No one is forcing you to come the to thread my man lol

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
I think we need a new tag for games that are taking way too long in development but people demanding abandoned tags are weird to me. When I see an abandoned tag I think of games that a developer has walked away from indefinitely and no one knows the future of the game

Everyone knows the future of Summertime Saga, maybe this game will be getting one real update once a year for the next decade but it's getting an update as long as the Patreon is up

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
When I see an abandoned tag I think of games that a developer has walked away from indefinitely and no one knows the future of the game
That's probably what most people who demand that tag want. I doubt many care about the game itself, they just care about the fact that DC is still making a lot of money.

Then again, I don't really think F95 needs a new tag or so. The 18 months timeframe is generous enough and once there's an update, an abandoned tag is going to removed anyway.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
You can always dont come here,you know.
No one is forcing you to come the to thread my man lol
Right back atcha, my dude. ;)

I think we need a new tag for games that are taking way too long in development but people demanding abandoned tags are weird to me.
On Hold is probably the closest to that, but development isn't so much on hold, as it is stuck. DC is still working on it, for better or worse, so it clearly isn't abandoned.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes