Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
considering DC only works 2 hours a day on his game.
He usually streams 2 hours per most weekdays on the game. You have no knowledge of how many hours he works off-stream. Do not conflate the two.

Also, you - and we - don't know the number of hours he works off-stream on the days that he states he's too sick to stream.

I get you're discouraged - many people are. However, making accusations and false assumptions do not help the situation.

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
He usually streams 2 hours per most weekdays on the game. You have no knowledge of how many hours he works off-stream. Do not conflate the two.

You, and we, don't know the number of hours he works off-stream on the days that he states he's too sick to stream.

So, again, your point?
It's not like there's a ton of art that magically appears that we haven't seen streamed. DC has said before that he spends 30 minutes preparing stuff before streaming and that's it. That's the work he does in a day. Sometimes he draws a bit at night off stream when he feels like he's behind on his schedule, which he also said himself.

These updates don't take years for no reasons.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It's not like there's a ton of art that magically appears that we haven't seen streamed. DC has said before that he spends 30 minutes preparing stuff before streaming and that's it. That's the work he does in a day. Sometimes he draws a bit at night off stream when he feels like he's behind on his schedule.

These updates don't take years for no reasons.
He says he preps 30 minutes for the stream. That doesn't mean he doesn't do anything else in the other hours. Again, do not conflate the two.

Dogs have the object permanence of a 1 to 2 year old person. You have the object permanence of an adult. You know that just because you don't see him working, doesn't mean he is not working when you don't watch him stream. He doesn't fade into the void.

That aside, the art is 99% done. DC's part of the update is 99% done. As of today.
1706299324512.png

You're right, "updates don't take years for no reasons." But the reasons don't need to be make believe. The coding and dialogue/script has more than 26,000,000 characters, larger than the entire Harry Potter novel series. There are nearly 2,000 images and their posing that require revisions/reposing/etc. Etc etc etc. Until that time that the tech update is released, people can play and replay the current version to their heart's content - just like they do with retail games that are no longer in development. And even then, playing the same content R(h)onda's update after that - just with the new code and display ratio, etc (and subsequent bugfix(es)).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: suissant

The Black Cat

Sep 8, 2023
I love this game.

Good to see the main story is complete, so to me the game is complete, and if dev is taking time to better the game, with secondary quests (DLCs to me) then he is welcomed to do it, as im a free user of the game, i am not a patreon, so why i will be angry with delays of the game if i am not a paying costumer?
I bet most of the people here on f95zone are not paying, so why all this hate?

I prefer to wait and have a good quality and stable new version of the game, than a low buggy version with lots of errors.

Regards.

class.jpg

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The coding and dialogue/script has more than 26,000,000 characters, larger than the entire Harry Potter novel series.
This is either very ignorant or intentionally misleading.

While the script archive is indeed ~25.5 mb large, it contains compiled version of the script which is significantly larger than the raw source. To be exact, the size of actual game script is ~40% of this value:

1706307494276.png vs 1706307505403.png

Out of that 10 mb, roughly half is the code, half is the script. Large parts of the script is copy/pasting of characters placements, expressions etc. Writing-wise, it's also nowhere near an actual novel, so let's not go there.

(but for the record, the mentioned Harry Potter books are ~6.5 mb combined)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So, a whole week without working.
Just to add, the fact that he doesn't stream, doesn't mean that he doesn't work. There's just no use to stream when you are sniffling or coughing - he did it a few times and it's pretty annoying.

DC has said before that he spends 30 minutes preparing stuff before streaming and that's it. That's the work he does in a day. Sometimes he draws a bit at night off stream when he feels like he's behind on his schedule, which he also said himself.
You know yourself, that that's wrong. Just look at any past update in these last years and you'll see that the majority of content hasn't been created on stream. That in itself means, that he's spending more time drawing off stream than on stream. You can literally SEE that.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
This is either very ignorant or intentionally misleading.

While the script archive is indeed ~25.5 mb large, it contains compiled version of the script which is significantly larger than the raw source. To be exact, the size of actual game script is ~40% of this value:

View attachment 3298691 vs View attachment 3298692

Out of that 10 mb, roughly half is the code, half is the script. Large parts of the script is copy/pasting of characters placements, expressions etc. Writing-wise, it's also nowhere near an actual novel, so let's not go there.

(but for the record, the mentioned Harry Potter books are ~6.5 mb combined)
I was wrong in the character count. I am sorry. I thought I had made the correct filter to get the correct figures and I made a mistake.

I never compared the quality of the writing - but the sheer content. The level of proof-reading for typos, errors, as well as mistakes in coding are rigorous endeavours, even if at a different level of intent.

Again, I admit that I made a mistake but it does not detract from the simple fact that there is a lot of data, writing, and coding that has to be revised, reviewed, and run - and even at the lower figure, that the main thrust that there are more characters within the Summertime Saga coding and dialogue/script than the Harry Potter novel series still is correct.

From this point on, I'll use your number.

Cube78

May 10, 2020
After 18 days (but with Christmas holidays in between) we reach the next milestone: 79%.

Art: 185/187 (+2)
Posing: 82/131 (+2)
Writing: 76/85 (+3)
Code: 178/255 (-)

Progress for Tech Update
- Total Tasks: 658
- Completed: 79.18% (+1.06%)
- InProgress: 5.47% (-0.91%)
- Remaining: 15.35% (-0.15%)
Here we go: 16 days for the 79->80% transition.

Art: 186/187 (+1)
Posing: 86/131 (+4)
Writing: 77/85 (+1)
Code: 178/255 (-)

Progress for Tech Update
- Total Tasks: 658
- Completed: 80.09% (+0.91%)
- InProgress: 4.86% (-0.61%)
- Remaining: 15.05% (-0.35%)

This one was a little slow, indeed, but at least there was some progress in 'posing' tasks which, this is just an assumption, I suppose prevent code tasks to progress. My assumption is based on the fact that the coding activities they mention monthly don't seem too complex so I suppose that, in order to finalize them, all the other stuff must be ok.
I'll have to ask it to DC himself, if I get the opportunity.

blanquesino69

Jan 12, 2020

Also, you - and we - don't know the number of hours he works off-stream on the days that he states he's too sick to stream.

I get you're discouraged - many people are. However, making accusations and false assumptions do not help the situation.
Not enough hours to update the game in a year tho

johndooooh

Jan 8, 2024
Please, do tell, what false promises?
To help - please be clear and concise. And note, again, the game is not a tier benefit. It's not locked behind any paywall.
They are getting what their tier benefits say they get for their support.
Also, stringing them along for what? A free game for all?
yes have people like a free game and take those numbers to an investor to make a real game for profit this is how you grow a indie company smartass

Reactions: Throwawayxyz
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes