2LAOD

Oct 19, 2018
Why would he care about a tag in a pirate website when he's still receiving money from his patreons? I don't understand why pirates people here think this website has power over him.

And is it really DC's fault? By now he has amassed quite a fortune, his patreons should know that, yet they are still giving their money away. His patreons removed any sense of urgency on DC so he's going at his own pace, and his patreons are okay with this since they keep giving anyway.
Most of his patrons came from here or itch. io

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Most of his patrons came from here or itch. io
Even if that was true, it'll hardly matter to him now.
You don't do a 2-year "tech upgrade" if you're even the least worried about losing paying customers, let alone free downloads from pirate forums.

RoonilWazlib

Jun 21, 2019
I've never believed that the abandoned tag, or any of the whining and screeching happening in this thread had any impact whatsoever on DC's decisions developing the game. --BUT-- this last update *really* feels like it was specifically meant to troll this thread. If that's the case, I gotta admit, it's pretty good. A+ trolling.

Mar 3, 2018
FFS its not even complete.
I agree that the game needs subsidies. But considering the amount of patrons. And the amount of donations ... 29,303 paid members ... even if its all of them 1$ per month. This is over 351636k a year!
Its enough for 2 people to work full time at this game. Both getting 180k share. We know you can hire people for less money to do individual projects. This game does not add up.

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
FFS its not even complete.
I agree that the game needs subsidies. But considering the amount of patrons. And the amount of donations ... 29,303 paid members ... even if its all of them 1$ per month. This is over 351636k a year!
Its enough for 2 people to work full time at this game. Both getting 180k share. We know you can hire people for less money to do individual projects. This game does not add up.
Well, it is pretty simple rule:
While (patrons pays== true)
{
DC eating money
players eating shit
}
I found this simply hilarious - more than 2 years of doing nothing and then releasing " not all of the Tech Update content is available yet "
I'm sure, if he'll start selling his shit canned with "super content" label, those patrons will buy it. And then they will ask for more.

Last edited:

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I've never believed that the abandoned tag, or any of the whining and screeching happening in this thread had any impact whatsoever on DC's decisions developing the game. --BUT-- this last update *really* feels like it was specifically meant to troll this thread. If that's the case, I gotta admit, it's pretty good. A+ trolling.
Is this the new cope?
" :geek: is just a troll update,GOTCHA! :geek: "

Sep 20, 2018
Okay can we cool it with the one star short reviews for a about three weeks to a month in a half for my notifications please and much thanks if done;as for this tech re-date I too am annoyed that we're back to scenario 1 so I'll be waiting until near years end to play this code\tech improvement,but what I am still annoyingly peeved about is the push broom ushering when you start the adventure is still there instead of just being auto-played until the end of school on the first day :(

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
never played the game now saw it got updated, should I play now or just wait as people are complaining a lot here it looks like because dev cut out content?
Either play the previous version still linked in the OP or wait, possibly for a very long time.
The current version is shi... not a good first experience.

Reactions: thememeguy123

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Funniest thing is,far as I remember the redraws werent even planned and only happened because DC had nothing to do while his coder was doing...work?

This game is simply becoming a meme, just like A wife and mother, I remember a few years ago people were laughing about the fact that we would fly to Mars sooner than these games would be finished and now I think that this will probably happen...
Considering the absolutely pitiful state space programs are in these days,DC actually might still make it.

Well, it is pretty simple rule:
While (patrons pays== true)
{
DC eating money
players eating shit
}
I found this simply hilarious - more than 2 years of doing nothing and then releasing " not all of the Tech Update content is available yet "
I'm sure, if he'll start selling his shit canned with "super content" label, those patrons will buy it. And then they will ask for more.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FinalZero

Apr 24, 2017
never played the game now saw it got updated, should I play now or just wait as people are complaining a lot here it looks like because dev cut out content?
this version has nothing new just play old janny and D round it same as old version but anthing is lock it you check the code it not connect line.

May 7, 2022

Well, it's not a great time to start this game to tell you the truth. True, the new update includes some technical and visual improvements but it removes 80% (if not more) of the content that was already available. One of the virtues of the original game was the amount of things you could do and how well integrated they were with each other organically. Removing much of the content means that the few activities you can do now, while quite spicy, are not very organic and there is no freedom at all.

If you have waited all this time to play I would recommend to keep waiting as the old content will be restored (hopefully) in updates every two months.

Also keep in mind that although you could enjoy all the old content by playing the old version, the game saves are not compatible with the new version and therefore there will come a time when you will not be able to advance anymore.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Just play the previous version from before the tech update which is linked in the OP. The OG game is fantastic, and the TeCh UpDaTE is absolutely unnecessary. The original performs flaweless, no framedrops, no bugs no nothing.

And it has a lot of content. Technically it's "not finished" because the plots didn't end yet, but the story is just there so the game has some reasoning for what's happening. This game is basically done, there's nothing to wait for except "more of the same".

TL;DR - not worth the wait, nor for the game to be completed neither for the tech update. Just play it and move on.

vs2011xyz

May 18, 2021
Summertime Saga [v21.0.0 wip.4468] [Kompas Productions] - Compressed

Win/Linux [556 MB]
- - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac [551 MB]
- - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thnaks

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes