j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Shouldn't he try to get his way with roxxy instead of that poor agricultural equipment, redneck\hillbilly style? Just saying.
I guess that would be too close to being incest to risk troubles with patreon for it. But who knows what's on DC's mind.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Is it possible if DC drops SS because he gathered enough money to do his project, like a kind of start-up that is more legal and more profitable. I mean no one wants to make adult games forever, patreons could turn their back on them anytime so it' s not a stable job and no one know who is DC right?
Why would he drop it? Did you check his interview at Lewd Gamer?

If he stops this project, he has to deal with the damage to his credibility that would come with it.

And just because some people don't stay, you have people like ICSTOR who have completed games and moves on which seems to be what DC is doing.

Don't think of Patreon (the platform) as the issue here. DC and others are doing community funding and seem to have some success with it to pay some bills as it stands.

Reactions: KaiserST

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I know this may have been posted but I thought you guys would like to read it again.

When is 0.16 coming out?!:
Ahh, yes. The ultimate question. Well, the progress bar is showing an accurate state of development so you should keep an eye on it! We've done quite a bit of work so far, but there's still some heavy scenes/quests left to finish (Which we are working on and will be very good, I promise!). This update is slightly larger than the previous one, so it's too hard to predict exactly when it will be ready but feel free to hop on our Discord server to find out more!

Didn't you say you were switching to upfront payments?:

Yeah well, despite the majority of Patrons voting positively for the change (90%+), Patreon hasn't given us the option to switch to upfront payment yet (they won't reply to my emails, typing is hard). So that will be on hold for a while until we get access to it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How are the new Patreon rewards going?:

It's going great! Sam's been revamping our site layout to allow for all those new features/rewards and we're making sure everything will be smooth!

Here's some examples of what we're doing >>>

The only thing holding these back from being used is that we planned on having them linked to the upfront payment method (read above) but we don't have access to that setting yet for some reason so... Anyway. We may release these rewards anyways until then but they really work best if we know people who have access to them are not spam bots and real Patrons supporting us. We'll update you on all that soon.

What happened to all the old video recordings of streams?:

The stream library on youtube had to be set to private due to being flagged by youtube too many times for inapropriate content. So we're going to be hosting all the video library on our site and not have to deal with YT anymore. It will be part of the new website layout and re-design!

Have you been adding new artists to the team?:

Yes - In fact we've been getting a lot of help with animation this update, and I plan on using an artist to help with some backgrounds in the future (after 0.16).

Are you adding new goals?:

Users have been asking for additional goals and it's been an internal debate as to where the resources should be allocated as we reach more goals. Adding more devs to manage doesn't seem to be the right course as I would end up having to micro manage the team too much and slow down my work output (and we're starting to hit a pretty good pace for update making). So, I may get an extra coder to begin work on the next project after SS. Get him/her to lay down a foundation for the game that won't require me to spend much time supervising and allows us to have a good base for when SS is completed. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this!

Love,

DC

(P.S. - I will most likely do less daily streams after this week in order to wrap up the update as the last remaining content to make is spoiler heavy and can't be shown during streams. Just a heads up!)

x0x0x0x0

Reactions: azzzy and Mark17

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Is it possible if DC drops SS because he gathered enough money to do his project, like a kind of start-up that is more legal and more profitable. I mean no one wants to make adult games forever, patreons could turn their back on them anytime so it' s not a stable job and no one know who is DC right?
Wow just wow you have not been reading up very much about SS have you.

SS may be just the center of the games that DC will come up with, you may get to take the MC from SS and go to a new town and play there.

Way back about 6 months ago DC was talking about adding more towns to go to and more girls to have adding on to SS.
You take your wife or GF or who ever you want or no one and move to a new town and start again carrying over your stats from SS and so on.

SS is at the end of high school but with pateron crack down it turned into collage but will revert back once it is complete.
SS was going to add a university town and school to go to once high school was done.

We will just have to wait and see where it goes and hopefully we will have a new site like patreon to hang out on that allows this type of games on it.

Now this is a guess on my part but we may get to take over one of the other NPC's life in the game of SS and go to a new town and start from there.
Remember this is just a guess on me.

nineeleven

Oct 9, 2017
Wow just wow you have not been reading up very much about SS have you.

SS may be just the center of the games that DC will come up with, you may get to take the MC from SS and go to a new town and play there.

Way back about 6 months ago DC was talking about adding more towns to go to and more girls to have adding on to SS.
You take your wife or GF or who ever you want or no one and move to a new town and start again carrying over your stats from SS and so on.

SS is at the end of high school but with pateron crack down it turned into collage but will revert back once it is complete.
SS was going to add a university town and school to go to once high school was done.

We will just have to wait and see where it goes and hopefully we will have a new site like patreon to hang out on that allows this type of games on it.

Now this is a guess on my part but we may get to take over one of the other NPC's life in the game of SS and go to a new town and start from there.
Remember this is just a guess on me.
I like this a lot and I too believe this is his future project

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I haven't read all the recent pages but just the last few comments

don't understand why there a debate on another game being started, as DarkCookie changed game to match patreon rules , and they haven't lost any patreons it seems, if anything, they have gained patreons after the change.

I just presumed he changed story to MC being adopted after his father died, and DC was continuing on with story after updating game to match patreon rules in last update.

I am looking forward to Roxxy update next and since the change to game, this became one of my fave games.

Reactions: Tug

Reaper777

Jun 4, 2017
i dont know what wrong with that bug game, but in first time when i play cant start aunt line, and now the mall wont open so i think its becomes full broken, nice job.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
The discussion right now isn't really about patreon and rule changes but more about the fact that he wants to employ another Dev to start working on the new engine for the next game. Hence the discussion if that's maybe a little early.
ah right, thanks, I didn't bother going back to read early pages, as that can usually take awhile, appreciate the info.

I like the idea of a adjacent town and MC being there, however saw some saying another character could become the new MC? not sure what male character I choose that to be.

am not a fan of games with a female MC, so that rule other characters out to me.

rongngoc123

May 6, 2018
The discussion right now isn't really about patreon and rule changes but more about the fact that he wants to employ another Dev to start working on the new engine for the next game. Hence the discussion if that's maybe a little early.
Will DC keep using this art style or change to 3d? Is it easier to make animated scenes in 3d? I still like the art he s using right now, he only need to improve a little bit on hair style and clothes of characters.

Hefelo

Jul 20, 2017
Will DC keep using this art style or change to 3d? Is it easier to make animated scenes in 3d? I still like the art he s using right now, he only need to improve a little bit on hair style and clothes of characters.
I don't think he's going to change his art style

pgXIII

Dec 26, 2017
Is dexter really have a sexable character i haven't seen any streams so i would like to see it before I believe it

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Did DC said anything about the captain's wife? Seeing he draws her more often on the streams, can we assume we will get lewd scenes with her?
He said before that she's off-limits for MC but I have no idea if he changed his mind on that.
Well, he'll certainly still draw since that is basically his job. But the setting and concept will be different as far as I'm aware.

Else it's always worth to consider that clothes and complex hairstyles take a lot of time to draw. There's a good reason why MC wears white and many other characters wear simple clothes too. If you've got to draw dozens of poses and positions brands, logos etc. become a problem since you'll always have to adapt them. So it's not like DC can't draw better clothes but chose to keep it simple for economic reasons. I guess he'd be in a position now where he could add even more details but most people are probably not that bothered by it.

Reactions: TastySnickers
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes