MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020
so sure, there are tasks that take longer, but I'm also sure that there are tasks that will take literal minutes.

even if there are thousands of images, you are only going to use a couple at a time per scene.
I'm sure there are tasks that would probably take only a few minutes, and those tasks are more than likely reflected on the days you're seeing 20 or so tasks completed.

Using only a few images per scene doesn't work either because the entire game is changing its aspect ratio. Now that the game is in 1920x1080 (iirc), the unposed original images would be jumping left and right of the wider background. So smaller releases would be impossible because you'd have two different and competing sets of poses, which would look comically bad. It's a situation now where it's all or nothing.

So, am I understanding you correctly that you're suggesting that they should do smaller releases at a time? Like finish Debbie's story with the widescreen, then leave the rest in the original ratio?

Reactions: Count Morado

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
wow so they completed 81 tasks in a 5 month period. so about a task every 2 days. do people consider this a reasonable amount of work, even for part time work?
LoL
The only tasks he does are:
- playing with photoshop, every now and then, and streaming his "work" :rolleyes:
- upload a screensaver or the image he made to patreon twice a month to keep his patrons happy (?)
- edit the html box tech x% update complete (he is so lazy that does not even bother to make a simple database to fetch the changes automatically)
- cash in the money to buy cookies to enjoy with the "milk" from the "cows"
- laugh at all the horny idiots who pay his bills...

Edit:
I'm wondering why this game has immunity to the abandoned tag....

Last edited:

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
i don't think we are understanding each other. we agree that the art is not the bottleneck and for the most part it's done. i'm saying for posing sake, a lot of it is static. once you figure out where you want mc in a scene (like if he's by himself, dead center, or if he's conversing with someone, to the left somewhere) they're going to be in those locations for the majority of the game. of course there's going to be some changes and repositioning and rewiring of body parts, but the majority should be a lot of rinse and repeating after the first few initial poses.

i never suggested smaller releases, or releases with different aspect ratios. i don't even know how you came to that conclusion with what i said. as far as the images go, i'm saying per scene you're only going to reference a certain amount of images (loose example: jenny face 1, jenny arm 1, jenny x outfit etc.) so even if there are thousands of images you're only playing with a couple at a time. i've unpacked the game a few times throughout the years and from what i remember it's pretty organized.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
from what i remember it's pretty organized.
It was actually not. That is one of the bottlenecks of posing - because DC didn't use a consistent system to name the layers, it has caused problems for the team to get the poses and the coding done. As such, one major aspect of the posing bottleneck is renaming all the thousands of layers of body parts, facial expressions, etc into a coherent, reliable format for all characters.

Also, see here about the process for the posing and an added reason for the length of time.

Reactions: MisterMeh

MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020
i don't think we are understanding each other. we agree that the art is not the bottleneck and for the most part it's done. i'm saying for posing sake, a lot of it is static. once you figure out where you want mc in a scene (like if he's by himself, dead center, or if he's conversing with someone, to the left somewhere) they're going to be in those locations for the majority of the game. of course there's going to be some changes and repositioning and rewiring of body parts, but the majority should be a lot of rinse and repeating after the first few initial poses.

i never suggested smaller releases, or releases with different aspect ratios. i don't even know how you came to that conclusion with what i said. as far as the images go, i'm saying per scene you're only going to reference a certain amount of images (loose example: jenny face 1, jenny arm 1, jenny x outfit etc.) so even if there are thousands of images you're only playing with a couple at a time. i've unpacked the game a few times throughout the years and from what i remember it's pretty organized.
It seems Count Morado has stepped in and answered for me quite handily and he has my thanks.

I had assumed you were looking for smaller releases because of your mentioning of smaller and easier tasks. That led me to believe you were hoping they'd work on sections of the game per release. At that point, I would've referenced the mess in which DC himself has admitted to countless times that his style of labelling was poor at best. Again, Count Morado answered that.

That leads me back to the all or nothing scenario that DC and his team are put in because they are essentially building a whole new game from the ground up.

So even with the simple task of placing (jenny face 1, jenny arm 1, jenny x outfit etc.) they're now being relabelled to whatever strayerror needs them to be. That's of course after DC redraws a lot of the work. Then, it also will include some rewrites that Captain Sploosh has been doing, because they weren't happy with some areas. Mind you, the larger rewrites are coming later but some stuff is still being reworked in the early game.

Then is goes to posing, both small and large tasks. Then it's QA tested and finally released.

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes