3.80 star(s) 39 Votes

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. This is now the 3rd time that I have delved into an actually very good game from this dev - and then it was canceled (hunger for chaos / just another bubble / now Sun Breed). The first two I can maybe understand, they were at the beginning of development. But here? After almost exactly one year the sudden stop, without warning (ok, the planned change to VN should have made me suspicious). Well, after the roller coaster in Picture Perfect with multiple relaunches (with/without voice/music, 2x new models) and the now also multiple cancels of projects, I'm not so sure if this won't even happen with other games at some point now, too. Yes, there are few developers who do 2 or even 3 projects at the same time. And also yes, these are projects in the development stage. But there are now also few other devs who are so erratic in their work and constantly throw everything overboard so often.

Well, since I'm not a patron, my "voice" here will probably not that important anyway. And of course I have no clue about game developement like making the story, doing renders and finally coding that. I'm only a player (on a pirat site...) who likes or dislikes the finished work then.

Nevertheless, in my opinion, the probably most interesting of the current projects has been buried here. (SS is ok, but not that something special, and the new Follow the Leader is not my taste). Too bad, but the times where I was eagerly looking forward to a game update of SW are a bit gone now.

Sorry for my ranting, but I had to get rid of my frustration here a bit.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Honestly that in it itself sounds like the problem. As stated by others it seems you are going in too many directions at once. You make it sound as if we are demanding you to make multiple games at once when we are not, but seeing the track record from this and other devs doing multiple games at once (when I say multiple I mean more than two at a time) usually results in lack of interest in at least one or more of their games not necessarily due to it being boring but overload or pressure on the devs which has been placed on them themselves. I disagree that this game was just another incest game as it had a unique supernatural twist and even further intimacy with the MC already being married to two of his sisters. That alone sets it apart. I would say Secret Summer is more of just another incest game as there really is nothing else interesting going on in it at least to me.
Does that mean that it is a bad game? No, it just lacked that extra spin that we saw with this one, that made it more interesting.

I would say in the end to possibly narrow your focus in terms of which games you develop at a time in order to provide more meaningful content and at the end still have a healthy and sustainable work lifestyle.

Honestly like the other person said it might be best to put this on hold instead of outright abandoning it, since it feels like I am watching someone through away a gem. To place it on hold would provide you with the utmost time to return to it whenever in the future. That time could also even be a reset for you as you would be a more experienced in making the kind of game format that you are comfortable with and can look back and see what were the things that frustrated you, how to fix them or change them. Some devs have done this and completely started over abandoned or on hold games with the same storyline but different format that made things easier whether that be converting form kinetic novel to full visual novel with choices and vice-versa.

Hope you at least take this advice to heart and consider it.

P.S. I wouldn't mind seeing those 30 plus stories in game form.

How were we trolling? We just said that we liked the game and didn't want to see it go and gave our reasons for it, so how is that trolling? Did you even think before you said that?
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. This is now the 3rd time that I have delved into an actually very good game from this dev - and then it was canceled (hunger for chaos / just another bubble / now Sun Breed). The first two I can maybe understand, they were at the beginning of development. But here? After almost exactly one year the sudden stop, without warning (ok, the planned change to VN should have made me suspicious). Well, after the roller coaster in Picture Perfect with multiple relaunches (with/without voice/music, 2x new models) and the now also multiple cancels of projects, I'm not so sure if this won't even happen with other games at some point now, too. Yes, there are few developers who do 2 or even 3 projects at the same time. And also yes, these are projects in the development stage. But there are now also few other devs who are so erratic in their work and constantly throw everything overboard so often.

Well, since I'm not a patron, my "voice" here will probably not that important anyway. And of course I have no clue about game developement like making the story, doing renders and finally coding that. I'm only a player (on a pirat site...) who likes or dislikes the finished work then.

Nevertheless, in my opinion, the probably most interesting of the current projects has been buried here. (SS is ok, but not that something special, and the new Follow the Leader is not my taste). Too bad, but the times where I was eagerly looking forward to a game update of SW are a bit gone now.

Sorry for my ranting, but I had to get rid of my frustration here a bit.
Talking about this is starting to get draining, but I don't want to ignore your comments, so I will simply say this.

Sun Breed was not fun, hence why I was trying to add choices to make it more interesting for me and for all of those who are not playing because it was a kinetic novel. It's starting to stress me out, and I was not getting much work done.

So before it started to affect my other projects, I quit. The only reason that it got 6 updates is because I was trying to make everyone happy, but it's not worth it to kill myself again for the next year. I do not want to burn out like so many other developers.

In closing, I will just say that I'll continue to work hard and update my games on regular basis like I have been. Both of my other games just got updated in the last couple of weeks, and will be again shortly.

If you are not a fan of ME, and only care for this one story, then I apologize, again. I honestly mean that, and if you would have liked to know the way the story was going to end, then please feel free to message me and I will tell you.

But for those who are fans of me and know I have PLENTY!!! more games coming from monster girls to goddesses to medieval games, etc. I promise the journey is going to be fun, pervs!

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
How were we trolling? We just said that we liked the game and didn't want to see it go and gave our reasons for it, so how is that trolling? Did you even think before you said that?
Yes I thought about my comment before I posted it.
SW says it's not about focus and explains. People ignore that and continue to comment on his lack of focus. Ignoring responses and continuing to repeat a point that has been explicitly answered is certainly a form of trolling.

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
I can't wait to see how many more stories you come up with, but i'll be honest, because of the supernatual setting, i liked Sun Breed more than the other games, despite being a kinetic novel, so it's sad to see it being abandoned.
But in the end you gotta do what's best for you, if you don't enjoy working on a project, eventually it will show, and as you said, it would start to affect your work on the other projects.
Anyway, good luck with your future games, and of course, the ones still in development.

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
Talking about this is starting to get draining, but I don't want to ignore your comments, so I will simply say this.

Sun Breed was not fun, hence why I was trying to add choices to make it more interesting for me and for all of those who are not playing because it was a kinetic novel. It's starting to stress me out, and I was not getting much work done.

So before it started to affect my other projects, I quit. The only reason that it got 6 updates is because I was trying to make everyone happy, but it's not worth it to kill myself again for the next year. I do not want to burn out like so many other developers.

In closing, I will just say that I'll continue to work hard and update my games on regular basis like I have been. Both of my other games just got updated in the last couple of weeks, and will be again shortly.

If you are not a fan of ME, and only care for this one story, then I apologize, again. I honestly mean that, and if you would have liked to know the way the story was going to end, then please feel free to message me and I will tell you.

But for those who are fans of me and know I have PLENTY!!! more games coming from monster girls to goddesses to medieval games, etc. I promise the journey is going to be fun, pervs!
Thanks for the reply. Also a big thanks for your offer to even send the story conclution. But for me it's now also better to make a final stop to this game. Reading the end of it is tempting, but in the end it would still left me with the feeling I've missed something. So better make a hard end to it as to strech it out.

As for your other games: Of course all the best for it and good luck. And maybe I will try and find something in the future again from you that fits better to my taste, as said unfortunately for me the one of the three I liked is now gone.

Also: Sorry of course if my comment was a bit to harsh, but to my defence all I can say is that I really was already eagerly waiting for the continuation of it. So please also understand my frustration a bit when all of a sudden it has stopped now. I compare this with some good TV series I've watched and followed - and bam, the new season was canceled....

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Yes I thought about my comment before I posted it.
SW says it's not about focus and explains. People ignore that and continue to comment on his lack of focus. Ignoring responses and continuing to repeat a point that has been explicitly answered is certainly a form of trolling.
If the same poster does it I can see it being trolling... if it's just a unique poster saying the same thing as another well to me that isn't trolling but them stating how they feel.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
But please focus on those that you have still, don't start another game and end abandoning secret summer too because is not fun anymore.

Reactions: Kakato

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Don't take it the wrong way SW, but working on several games at the same time was NEVER a good idea in the first place. IMHO, you should focus on one game at a time, cause this type of " fed up feeling " is bound to repeat itself, in particular if you're going to start creating other new games. Take some time for yourself, some holidays or whatever and reconsider your ambitions. Peace out.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020

Really disappointed with your decision to stop SB which i loved as much as your more successful games but i understand it's better to stop than forcing yourself to work on a project you don't like which never works in the long term. But you also have to understand why some people are pissed and overreacting at the sudden news. Imagine one of your favourite tv show suddenly cancelling there would be a dictionary of insults thrown to the producers. Then there are some who don't like follow the leader and will think you are a dropping a really good game for a mediocre one... more pissed reactions.

You should expect some people to questions your commitment to your games and not trusting you to finish them. I mean there are some red flags if you look at it from a certain angle; PP had a rushed ending, starting new games(FTL) and dropping SB and Chaos while having uncompleted ones(SS). Remember we don't see the amount of work and hours you put in.

Finally take the negative and angry responses as a positive because people cared enough about your game to be pissed which is way better than meh another game might the dust by mediocrewriter.

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
Not gonna lie I only played this game once, not really into Kinect novels, I don't hate them either it's just the ones I've played was less than enjoyable. If the Devs didn't enjoy creating this game then it probably was a good idea to 86 it versus being disgruntled and ending up despising the project. That being said hopefully the Summer Secret game gets more attention because it's by far my favorite of the lot. I haven't tried the other game, so I'll check that out also.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I really do not have much comment. As long the developer enjoy what he/she doing on any VN. If they do not like it or cause too much stress to deal with it, it wise to step away. However, hopefully if he/she decide to revisit it in future, that is not an issue. Otherwise there is no reason for developer to burn themselves out doing something they do not enjoy or causing too much stress. Have to respect some developers. I am aware that some just drop the project or take their own time which may impact others who may enjoy the VN. At least SuperWriter explains his reason why he decided to drop this VN I believe this was going to be an interesting VN. However, I prefer him to do what best for him and do not burn himself out that will impacted on other project he is working on.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Lol Yeah, that was a pretty dumb thing for me to say. To be fair, I underestimated how tough things can get. Making three games as a developer is not easy, I totally admit that. It's probably why I'm the only one doing it xD
hold up ... hold up..
making 3 games at once is not a easy thing for a developer to make but.. you're ready to do it again .. that is doing 3 vns at once..
what the ?

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
hold up ... hold up..
making 3 games at once is not a easy thing for a developer to make but.. you're ready to do it again .. that is doing 3 vns at once..
what the ?
Please read the reasons why I specifically dropped Sun Breed. There are several messages where I explain. Just because you struggle with something doesn't mean you just give up. You learn from your mistakes and try to do better.

Reactions: Before I Forget

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
thats some masterful dodge on my question/statement.
I have explained Sun Breed was the problem, doing a kinetic novel was the problem. I can tell you're no fan of mine trying to accuse me of dodging questions when I have been responding to everyone in this thread. People like you are why developers avoid this site, and why it has a bad reputation in the dev community. I do not have to be here at all, but I don't want to just abandon a project and leave the actual fans with no explanation.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I have explained Sun Breed was the problem, doing a kinetic novel was the problem. I can tell you're no fan of mine trying to accuse me of dodging questions when I have been responding to everyone in this thread. People like you are why developers avoid this site.
I don't believe I have insulted you at all in my posts , actually if you would search my comment history in your threads you would see that I have been a supporter of your decisions, like for example the decision of PP Remaster and so on.
So that's really a interesting choice on how you chose to interact with someone (people like you) that has been I would say respectful in his interactions with you.
the "what the ? " in my comment is made to accentuate my amazement which I thought you as a writer would pick up on that , my fault for giving you credit , I apologize.

and again I ask you cause apparently you don't want to give a answer

you're going to start working on 3 VNs again... right?

3.80 star(s) 39 Votes