3.80 star(s) 39 Votes

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I don't believe I have insulted you at all in my posts , actually if you would search my comment history in your threads you would see that I have been a supporter of your decisions, like for example the decision of PP Remaster and so on.
So that's really a interesting choice on how you chose to interact with someone (people like you) that has been I would say respectful in his interactions with you.
the "what the ? " in my comment is made to accentuate my amazement which I thought you as a writer would pick up on that , my fault for giving you credit , I apologize.

and again I ask you cause apparently you don't want to give a answer

you're going to start working on 3 VNs again... right?
Telling someone they're 'dodging' a question is alluding they are being deceitful. You're alluding I am not answering the question on purpose and withholding information.

I'm not afraid to answer questions, I have been truthful about everything and what I'm feeling. I have been trying to figure out how I want to do multiple games.

I will do 3 game again, yes. Maybe 4 or 12 or 17 if that makes me happy. And it'll be up to you whether you want to play them or not.

I think I have shown the ability to do 3 games for this entire year, right? People on this thread enjoyed Sun Breed, but I don't want to continue because it's not FUN. Doing a KINETIC NOVEL is not as fun as I thought it would be.

Again, I wish I felt otherwise, because I don't want to let the players down, but I have to do what is best for me. And this was a good learning experience.

There are plenty of authors, directors, artists that's fail or have trouble in their career, and I have only been doing this for 2 years. I am still learning plenty and I have definitely made mistakes but I AM learning from them.

That's all I can do.

Last edited:

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Telling someone they're 'dodging' a question is alluding they are being deceitful. You're alluding I am not answering the question on purpose and withholding information.

I'm not afraid to answer questions, I have been truthful about everything and what I'm feeling. I have been trying to figure out how I want to do multiple games.

I will do 3 game again, yes. Maybe 4 or 12 or 17 if that makes me happy. And it'll be up to you whether you want to play them or not.

I think I have shown the ability to do 3 games for this entire year, right? People on this thread enjoyed Sun Breed, but I don't want to continue because it's not FUN. Doing a KINETIC NOVEL is not as fun as I thought it would be.

Again, I wish I felt otherwise, because I don't want to let the players down, but I have to do what is best for me. And this was a good learning experience.

There are plenty of authors, directors, artists that's feel or have trouble in their career and I have only been doing this for 2 years. I am still learning plenty and I have definitely made mistakes but I am learning from them.
3 months wait period for 20 mins of playtime .. yea will probably pick up your games when they are complete
anyway best of luck in your future endeavour and I hope everything you wish to accomplish happens.
also this is again a very friendly advice though I know you won't take it and will probably reply with a snark comment but do work on your PR , it can help you a lot!
anyway best of luck!

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
3 months wait period for 20 mins of playtime .. yea will probably pick up your games when they are complete
anyway best of luck in your future endeavour and I hope everything you wish to accomplish happens.
also this is again a very friendly advice though I know you won't take it and will probably reply with a snark comment but do work on your PR , it can help you a lot!
anyway best of luck!
I'm not here to argue or fight with anyone. I want to answer your questions and make you feel better about my projects, because there might be some who fear I might not continue a game they like.

But I'm telling you that I'm done experimenting, and I have figured out what I want to do as a developer who works on a multiple games at a time. Of course you don't have to take my word for it, but that's my plan and you can just watch if the updates continue to come, which they will. Literally just updated both of my games and the last couple of weeks.

I hope you do play my games in the future and I am listening to what you are saying. Thank you for the feedback and I will try to do better. I promise.

Reactions: haooni

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Wow remind me never to become a Dev lol, some of these comments.. geez.
Like I said before, most developers choose to stay off this site because of this. We're already dealing with real life and making an entire video game, usually solo, so having to deal with backlash that you can actually avoid is usually the preferred option lol.

I know there are plenty of supporters here though, so I take the good with the bad.

Reactions: Before I Forget

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Like I said before, most developers choose to stay off this site because of this. We're already dealing with real life and making an entire video game, usually solo, so having to deal with backlash that you can actually avoid is usually the preferred option lol.

I know there are plenty of supporters here though, so I take the good with the bad.
I'm happy to hear that. There are some Devs, and I've experienced this first hand, who simply don't like criticize I've had to ignore a Dev of a popular game on here because he followed me in to my PM's to critique my opinion of his game. You don't seem like a batshit crazy Dev and I respect that and I'm sure others like how approachable you are. All things considered they're still some people on here who spend way too much time on here and think that their opinions are king, I've ignored some already but these people go to various threads and spam it with their unwanted opinions.

Whew that felt good. Anyways, take care and do what makes you happy.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I probably won't, who wants to deal with a bunch of entitled assholes 24/7.
You reap what you sow. Yes there are trolls, assholes and douches. There are also whiteknighters and fan boys. Then there is the rest.

I maybe one of those you called an asshole but I didn't say shit when Hunger for Chaos got cast aside, I held my tongue when just a bubble got axed. Now here the third time in a row the same models and vn gets cast aside: I spoke my mind.

This forum is for opinions and feedback and my being an asshole doesn't negate that my posts had both.

Reactions: Lerd0 and BTLD

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
thats some masterful dodge on my question/statement.
Yeah not so much.
SW, in prior comments, has repeatedly explained his reasons in detail for abandoning SunBreed. I was and remain sorry to see it go, but his reasons were and are valid and understandable. Your expectation that he rehash all of that again because you don't want to read his earlier comments are simple entitlement.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Yeah not so much.
SW, in prior comments, has repeatedly explained his reasons in detail for abandoning SunBreed. I was and remain sorry to see it go, but his reasons were and are valid and understandable. Your expectation that he rehash all of that again because you don't want to read his earlier comments are simple entitlement.
The question I thought was "are you going to work on 3 vns again?", which until only after that post did he answer.

The dev has every single right to create, quit or change anything they want, but people also have the right to ask about it and express their opinions. I don't see it as entitlement.

I believe entitlement is the newest buzzword to be mis and overused.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The question I thought was "are you going to work on 3 vns again?", which until only after that post did he answer.

The dev has every single right to create, quit or change anything they want, but people also have the right to ask about it and express their opinions. I don't see it as entitlement.

I believe entitlement is the newest buzzword to be mis and overused.
Had the commenter acknowledged the many attempts SW has made to address the many negative reactions to his abandoning the game and clearly differentiated his question, I'd probably agree. However, we have little indication he actually read them and his response added NO clarification instead resorting to a snarky cheap shot.

Specifically, either he couldn't be bothered to actually read the relevant comments, or be bothered to make clear, given the walls of text here on this issue, exactly what he was attempting to ask. So I'll happily stick with my assessment of entitlement. You of course are free to disagree.

• Angry
Reactions: BTLD

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
The question I thought was "are you going to work on 3 vns again?"
Correct, but why conclude such a post with
what the ?
EVERYONE interprets the question mark as something different than what BTLD tries to sell us in his later post, In which, by the way, he continues to discreetly tries to hide his insults.

.... which I thought you as a writer would pick up on that , my fault for giving you credit , I apologize....
Or would someone like to try to sell a duck for a horse?

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Just something I was wondering though SuperWriter, and this is not a bash, harassment or insult but just a genuine curiosity. I completely understand that you no longer want to work on kinetic novels and wish to go at a different format. What I and a few others are wondering why didn't you just fully convert this story into the format you like? What I think a lot of people liked most of all was the story and didn't want to see it go. So if you're preferred development style is more like Secret Summer, why not just make a game with that style without fully throwing away this story? Even if it is not now, why not save this story for developing a new game in the future that has the kind of game structure that you like working on?

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Just something I was wondering though SuperWriter, and this is not a bash, harassment or insult but just a genuine curiosity. I completely understand that you no longer want to work on kinetic novels and wish to go at a different format. What I and a few others are wondering why didn't you just fully convert this story into the format you like? What I think a lot of people liked most of all was the story and didn't want to see it go. So if you're preferred development style is more like Secret Summer, why not just make a game with that style without fully throwing away this story? Even if it is not now, why not save this story for developing a new game in the future that has the kind of game structure that you like working on?
Thanks for the question. I did exactly what you are asking. I announced maybe a month ago this would be changing from a kinetic novel into one with choices. So I started that, and quickly figured out that it wasn't going to work after trying.

So, i explained in my very first patreon post (it's still up) when I broke the news is that trying to go back and add choices, alternate scenes and paths is exactly what was stressing me out. And I was forcing prior updates out.

The problem is this game is built as a kinetic novel. There is a central story. The girls don't have their own storylines. Aditi and Najah's purposes is to help you on your investigation. Camilla,'s and Valentine's sole purpose has only been trying to get you better.

They are tied in pairs, too. You are never alone with any of them, really. So trying to untangle this format to make it like my other visual novels had me breaking down and rebooting the entire story. So that's why I say SUN BREED itself is the problem.

It is built like a kinetic novel and that's what I'm not really interested in, which surprised me I wasn't enjoying it because I was an author before this. But being a game developer is just so much different, I'm learning. I hope I explained that well enough, but feel free to ask anything else if you still have questions.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for the question. I did exactly what you are asking. I announced maybe a month ago this would be changing from a kinetic novel into one with choices. So I started that, and quickly figured out that it wasn't going to work after trying.

So, i explained in my very first patreon post (it's still up) when I broke the news is that trying to go back and add choices, alternate scenes and paths is exactly what was stressing me out. And I was forcing prior updates out.

The problem is this game is built as a kinetic novel. There is a central story. The girls don't have their own storylines. Aditi and Najah's purposes is to help you on your investigation. Camilla,'s and Valentine's sole purpose has only been trying to get you better.

They are tied in pairs, too. You are never alone with any of them, really. So trying to untangle this format to make it like my other visual novels had me breaking down and rebooting the entire story. So that's why I say SUN BREED itself is the problem.

It is built like a kinetic novel and that's what I'm not really interested in, which surprised me I wasn't enjoying it because I was an author before this. But being a game developer is just so much different, I'm learning. I hope I explained that well enough, but feel free to ask anything else if you still have questions.
That actually explains a lot. If the story itself is the problem then from a development point of view it makes sense then. I guess with that in mind if the story is so, how should I say solidified, that choices wouldn't make a difference, you kind of were left with two choices then either rewrite major plot points and most of the story or sadly end it. Quite unfortunate though as like I said before the vampire sisters theme really drew me in, as right now there are not a lot of actually decent (in my opinion at least) games like these that are vampire based, and this was my personal favourite especially when it seemed like the male MC was actually caring for his girls and they him and showed it, instead of looking at them as just pawns, servants or a means to an end like some of the MCs in other vampire based games.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
That actually explains a lot. If the story itself is the problem then from a development point of view it makes sense then. I guess with that in mind if the story is so, how should I say solidified, that choices wouldn't make a difference, you kind of were left with two choices then either rewrite major plot points and most of the story or sadly end it. Quite unfortunate though as like I said before the vampire sisters theme really drew me in, as right now there are not a lot of actually decent (in my opinion at least) games like these that are vampire based, and this was my personal favourite especially when it seemed like the male MC was actually caring for his girls and they him and showed it, instead of looking at them as just pawns, servants or a means to an end like some of the MCs in other vampire based games.
I understand what you're saying, and I honestly do feel bad to end it like this. I fully intended to finish this as a kinetic novel that I could control, but it just wasn't as fun. You don't enjoy Secret Summer or Follow the Leader?

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
I understand what you're saying, and I honestly do feel bad to end it like this. I fully intended to finish this as a kinetic novel that I could control, but it just wasn't as fun. You don't enjoy Secret Summer or Follow the Leader?
Secret Summer is alright, not bad, but not exactly my favourite, but not sure what it is but Follow the Leader just for some reason doesn't grab me.

Reactions: AlexTorch
3.80 star(s) 39 Votes