3.80 star(s) 40 Votes

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Just looking at that Patreon tier system lets me think that is the dumbest shit I've ever when it comes to Patreon tiers but then I remember that another dev is limiting the number of people who can sign up for his 1$ tier. As far as I see your games are all targeted at the same audience so it's highly likely that no matter what tier he chooses when supporting he is probably interested in all games so to determine the interest in a game with the number of patreons a specific tier has is not a good idea in my opinion. But what do I care, with your need of developing multiple games at the same time, constantly changing or abandoning games it's pointless to play your games before they are finished anyway, especially if the only finished game is the one I was least interested in and the two games I was interested in are either abandoned or changed and I lost interest in it.
Having specific tiers let's people choose what game they want to support instead of forcing them to support them all. I understand that you don't want me to do multiple games, but it's what I enjoy, and it's totally up to you to move on.

You say you don't care, but I think you care a lot for some reason, because you constantly hang around my threads to bash me or agree with whoever bashes me.

I'm an amateur who just started doing this two years ago, and I've made a lot of mistakes, but I'm trying my best, and you are honestly not helping with all the negativity.

Thank you to those with actual constructive criticism and feedback.

And because of you who have voiced your concerns about the game and wanting it back, I will think about the best way to give you guys an end to the game.

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
***Important News***

I've been getting messages from a lot of you, and my patrons about Sun Breed, so it has made me reevaluate if I should really abandon it. So, I put up a poll on patreon if my patrons want me to finish it.

It's 80-20 so far. I'm definitely willing to finish this game WITH choices like I originally planned, but only if my support stays the same because this is how I pay my bills.

(Sun Breed only had 27 patrons of 400 at the time of dropping)

I'll hold another poll when I finish Secret Summer to see how my patrons still feel, but if you do want the game to continue then please think about supporting the game.

Thanks.
Since I liked the game that is some good news for me, even if it is not yet final with the further development.

A patron...well, no. I'll be honest and admit that I'm guilty of being a pirate here. Therefore, I can not and will not be of help with that. But: a continuation of this game would also make a lot of sense for another reason: Consistency. For me lately here (and also in other sites like discord) your image of the "hard working" developer has been replaced more and more by the "will he even finish it" developer, even though you still work maybe even harder now with the lasted projects. That's not good imo for the future. So I really think that to continue this game will still help to get some patrons. Even when it's not for this game then maybe for your next one.

Also: My respect, however, that you - despite some not so encouraging postings here (well, sometimes from me too...) - don't just withdraw from F95 like some other devs, but also face the opinions instead. Well, my little advice is to not take them too seriously sometimes though. Good luck.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Since I liked the game that is some good news for me, even if it is not yet final with the further development.

A patron...well, no. I'll be honest and admit that I'm guilty of being a pirate here. Therefore, I can not and will not be of help with that. But: a continuation of this game would also make a lot of sense for another reason: Consistency. For me lately here (and also in other sites like discord) your image of the "hard working" developer has been replaced more and more by the "will he even finish it" developer, even though you still work maybe even harder now with the lasted projects. That's not good imo for the future. So I really think that to continue this game will still help to get some patrons. Even when it's not for this game then maybe for your next one.

Also: My respect, however, that you - despite some not so encouraging postings here (well, sometimes from me too...) - don't just withdraw from F95 like some other devs, but also face the opinions instead. Well, my little advice is to not take them too seriously sometimes though. Good luck.
Reviewing and thinking about Sun Breed is exactly what I'm going to do while I work on the other two games. I'm quite enjoying working on two games instead of 3, so it was definitely the right move to drop Sun Breed, though maybe I was too hasty with saying for good.

Nothing is concrete, but I want you guys to know that I'm seriously considering it, whenever I do finish one of my 2 current games.

And I do NOT want to be known as a dev that doesn't finishes the projects he starts as you say, so this is a win-win for everyone if I do start the project back up with a lot more time to spare for it as a second game instead of a third.

Anyway, I appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you

Reactions: haooni

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Reviewing and thinking about Sun Breed is exactly what I'm going to do while I work on the other two games. I'm quite enjoying working on two games instead of 3, so it was definitely the right move to drop Sun Breed, though maybe I was too hasty with saying for good.

Nothing is concrete, but I want you guys to know that I'm seriously considering it, whenever I do finish one of my 2 current games.

And I do NOT want to be known as a dev that doesn't finishes the projects he starts as you say, so this is a win-win for everyone if I do start the project back up with a lot more time to spare for it as a second game instead of a third.

Anyway, I appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you
Speaking as a HUGE fan of Sun Breed. I'd love for you to return to this VN at some point. That said, if you don't feel it, don't force it. You have to do what energizes you.

Love your work, and your work ethic.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Speaking as a HUGE fan of Sun Breed. I'd love for you to return to this VN at some point. That said, if you don't feel it, don't force it. You have to do what energizes you.

Love your work, and your work ethic.
Fans like you are exactly why I want to finish this game. I was surprised by the number of messages I got, so it made me really think about my decision.

Like I said, I will think about Sun Breed while working on my 2 games, so I don't make too fast a decision, but I do miss telling the story, too. And I will make the final decision once I am done with one of these games.

Thanks again for the feedback!

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Fans like you are exactly why I want to finish this game. I was surprised by the number of messages I got, so it made me really think about my decision.

Like I said, I will think about Sun Breed while working on my 2 games, so I don't make too fast a decision, but I do miss telling the story, too. And I will make the final decision once I am done with one of these games.

Thanks again for the feedback!
That sounds like a good plan, that give you plenty of time to think about it while focusing on the two active projects. Wish you the best of success on your final decision when that time comes. (y)

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Damn, I missed that post I unfollowed this thread when you said you were abandoning it. Sooooo glad there might be hope for it to continue. Love all the games but this had to be my favorite from you.
Definitely follow this thread. I will let you guys know here when I make a decision! I won't leave you on the hook for too long either way. But I am definitely leaning towards restarting this game once I finish one of my current two.

NO PROMISES, but I just wanted to let you know my current mind state. I will of course reevaluate in the near future like I said.

Thank you for the comment!

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Definitely follow this thread. I will let you guys know here when I make a decision! I won't leave you on the hook for too long either way. But I am definitely leaning towards restarting this game once I finish one of my current two.

NO PROMISES, but I just wanted to let you know my current mind state. I will of course reevaluate in the near future like I said.

Thank you for the comment!
Don't worry followed again when I saw that post. Even if Sun breed doesn't come back I'll still enjoy the rest of them I just have a thing for vampire stories so this had its own place in my heart.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Kind of remember that you pitched a game i was really hyped about something about a guy without superpowers in a world where everyone has it or something like that, it never came to be?

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Haven't done, but you pitched it on your discord. Well, seems it never saw the day of light, shame.
I've pitched a lot of ideas, and have plenty more that haven't been pitched. Having so many ideas is the reason I do so many games in the first place lol.

I may do a superhero game at one point. We'll see, but I have my hands more than full for now.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Banish

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I'll also throw my hat in for wanting to see this continue. Power fantasies are great, loving relationships are great, and supernatural elements are great. Love all your games SuperWriter, always an instant download when I see them. :giggle:
Messages like yours is why I am seriously leaning towards reviving this game! Thank you for the support!

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
This game is an instant download for sure, the story is great, I am one of those people who've never really been into vampire stories but since joining here I have found 3 which have captivated my interest, although as good as the others might be they don't have Aditi and Najah, the human sisters are super sweet too, Focus on what brings you joy and keeps you sane right now, but keep a light on in this house for if/when you decide to start back up development.

Thank you for bringing this game to us in the first place, it enraptured me to play this and follow the MC's path.

altmas66

May 4, 2020
Ohh im very happy to see this game is unabandoned!! i really love it! i have played various of your games superwriter and i must say that you are an exellent dev, and writer! thhanks for continuing Sun Breed. May this year be exellent to you!

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes