3.80 star(s) 39 Votes

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Secret Summer is alright, not bad, but not exactly my favourite, but not sure what it is but Follow the Leader just for some reason doesn't grab me.
I understand. I'll be making PLENTY of more games in the future. I have so many ideas, which is why I have done a multiple games since the very beginning. Hopefully, another one of my ideas can grab you. Thanks for the comments and feedback.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
The question I thought was "are you going to work on 3 vns again?", which until only after that post did he answer.

The dev has every single right to create, quit or change anything they want, but people also have the right to ask about it and express their opinions. I don't see it as entitlement.

I believe entitlement is the newest buzzword to be mis and overused.
Yeah not so much.
SW, in prior comments, has repeatedly explained his reasons in detail for abandoning SunBreed. I was and remain sorry to see it go, but his reasons were and are valid and understandable. Your expectation that he rehash all of that again because you don't want to read his earlier comments are simple entitlement.
this , 110% this
also Spatenklopper stay in your lane , your deduction skills are ... really useful for solving missing cats I reckon ... probably not even that.

ESKgamer

Dec 17, 2018
Really sorry to hear this KN is abandoned. I was really enjoying the character evolution and the potential for the storyline. I hope you find something else that you enjoy doing SW. Your plot lines and characters are good. Look forward to seeing what else you have in the future.

Reactions: rogokin

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
also @Spatenklopper stay in your lane , your deduction skills are ... really useful for solving missing cats I reckon ... probably not even that.
I'm afraid you're overestimating something here, it's sitting in front of your monitor.
It's just a question of whether at some point in your life you will be able to see it.

• Angry
Reactions: BTLD

anscho

Mar 3, 2020
It is a pity, really SuperWriter .
I've been on this site for some time now, tried this and that, and for most games that i finished or like i actually plegde some patreon payment on what i think would be appropriate.

Sun breed had me hooked. I liked your characters personalities and looks, the premises, the story in general, and I was really hooked to see how the story would continue and eventually end. Then I read about you abandoning the project. And that made me sad (especially since this seems to happen with quite some projects on this site that piqued my interest).
I've tried your other ongoing projects to see if I'd like to support you financially for your work. I won't, because they don't have my interest after trying them. Surely you do have fans and appreciators of these project, and I might try again and reconsider my decision once the projects are finished. Right now tho I have no intention of supporting them, nor do I care wether or not they continue / make it to the finish line.

Of course I understand your reason, not wanting to burn out is logical and where i come from, ones health should always have priority over work. There are some creators I follow, who went down the same path, meaning they stopped creating specific content because they didn't like it anymore, or it bores them / burns them out.

I hope that you reconsider your decision regarding sun breed as a fan of this specific work. You don't neccessarily have to finish it the way it is, as you yourself said that you don't like it this way. But maybe a rewrite or "port" (dunno how to say it, since I don't know how all of this works) with the style you're working and are comfortable with right now would be possible. As I said, I like the concept, story and characters, and imho it'd be a shame to let it go to waste.

I hope you get my point and don't think i'm bashing you ^^

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
It is a pity, really SuperWriter .
I've been on this site for some time now, tried this and that, and for most games that i finished or like i actually plegde some patreon payment on what i think would be appropriate.

Sun breed had me hooked. I liked your characters personalities and looks, the premises, the story in general, and I was really hooked to see how the story would continue and eventually end. Then I read about you abandoning the project. And that made me sad (especially since this seems to happen with quite some projects on this site that piqued my interest).
I've tried your other ongoing projects to see if I'd like to support you financially for your work. I won't, because they don't have my interest after trying them. Surely you do have fans and appreciators of these project, and I might try again and reconsider my decision once the projects are finished. Right now tho I have no intention of supporting them, nor do I care wether or not they continue / make it to the finish line.

Of course I understand your reason, not wanting to burn out is logical and where i come from, ones health should always have priority over work. There are some creators I follow, who went down the same path, meaning they stopped creating specific content because they didn't like it anymore, or it bores them / burns them out.

I hope that you reconsider your decision regarding sun breed as a fan of this specific work. You don't neccessarily have to finish it the way it is, as you yourself said that you don't like it this way. But maybe a rewrite or "port" (dunno how to say it, since I don't know how all of this works) with the style you're working and are comfortable with right now would be possible. As I said, I like the concept, story and characters, and imho it'd be a shame to let it go to waste.

I hope you get my point and don't think i'm bashing you ^^
Thanks for your feedback, and maybe at some point, I will reevaluate this project, or just give an end to it since there do seem to be so many fans like you. Of course I'm not promising anything, but I will at the very least think about it later on. Thanks again for the feedback.

Last edited:

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
Thanks for your feedback, and maybe at some point, I will is how you wait this project, or just give an end to it since there do seem to be so many fans like you. Of course I'm not promising anything, but I will at the very least think about it later on. Thanks again for the feedback.
i wish many others devs can handle this kind of 'BAD news" to the fan base,i enjoyed alot the story and the CHARS too i hope so no long in the future you think over and consider at least to finish this nice game.i like secret summer and follow the leader but im not fan of free roam ,sandbox and point&click...so i hope your free roams dont overwhelm the actual fun of the story .
I have 2 tinny critiques about FL and secret summer:FL has a nice chars quality and you can be hooked up to any of the girls,but the story is pretty borring and the mc the same he lack personality...like alot...and any kind of lewd scenes in 5 updates [dont tell me that a next sex scene is a footjob..pls dont].About secret summer almost the same with FL ,i hate the mc personality... needs a build up...you can hope any middle age woman can be hooked by only his looks and [we even dont know how he looks like]...i trying to understand why half of the games the mc lokks like a 12 year boy or he is a douchebag or a fuckng prick.....i dont say your main chars are like this but when something lacks .....you cant hope for the others thing around to save your story........on the contrary with sunnbreed you have the best mc of the 3 so far so ...i hope you find your way back to the actual fun part of development sun breed....and in time with better support we all see the completed tag of the story.
good luck to you and happy holydays.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Really again? Another one abandoned. This is exactly why I stopped playing games of this Dev. This I need to make multiple games at the same time and constantly change and abandoning games is why it is just pointless to play and get invested in his games.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Really again? Another one abandoned. This is exactly why I stopped playing games of this Dev. This I need to make multiple games at the same time and constantly change and abandoning games is why it is just pointless to play and get invested in his games.
I don't blame you for feeling like that. This is my second dropped game, so the consequence is losing players' like you trust. I was trying to figure myself out as a dev, so it's been a lot harder than I thought.

But I've been learning a lot in the two years I've been doing it, and i promise to do better. No more abandoned games, but I know talk is cheap and I need to finish the current games I'm working on like I finished Picture Perfect. Thanks.

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
I don't blame you for feeling like that. This is my second dropped game, so the consequence is losing players' like you trust. I was trying to figure myself out as a dev, so it's been a lot harder than I thought.

But I've been learning a lot in the two years I've been doing it, and i promise to do better. No more abandoned games, but I know talk is cheap and I need to finish the current games I'm working on like I finished Picture Perfect. Thanks.
Only two years?!? I was sure you had been doing AVNs longer than that.

**Checks OP for Picture Perfect - Aug 2, 2019.**

Yep, checks out... (y)

Nova1811

May 6, 2018
So i was wondering, is there any possibility we will see these models in future games?
Or better yet, see a revival of Just A Bubble at some point?

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
***Important News***

I've been getting messages from a lot of you, and my patrons about Sun Breed, so it has made me reevaluate if I should really abandon it. So, I put up a poll on patreon if my patrons want me to finish it.

It's 80-20 so far. I'm definitely willing to finish this game WITH choices like I originally planned, but only if my support stays the same because this is how I pay my bills.

(Sun Breed only had 27 patrons of 400 at the time of dropping)

I'll hold another poll when I finish Secret Summer to see how my patrons still feel, but if you do want the game to continue then please think about supporting the game.

Thanks.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
so it has made me reevaluate if I should really abandon it.
This is nice news, even if nothing is certain.

Sun Breed only had 27 patrons of 400 at the time of dropping
Let me say that this is more due to the type of support on Patreon that you have chosen.

I understand why you did it the way it is, so that nobody is "forced" to pay for something they don't like, but at least for me (I'm one of your supporters) the whole thing is blurred, because I support you as DEV and not a special one of your games.

So I have no problem with changing my support to SunBreed once SS is finished.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
At least a little bit of hope! I didn't had a problem with the KN format, but maybe that kept some people from playing the game and it would get more attention as a VN with choices.

Would I become a patron of the game? Yes... and no. I already had a little discussion about the pricing (with PP, for me it's unfortunately a bit to much per month for one game). But I would do it here similar to PP: I pay once when the game is finished (and maybe 1-2 times in between).

Well, let's hope that the game continues. I am convinced that this one deserves a proper ending.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
At least a little bit of hope! I didn't had a problem with the KN format, but maybe that kept some people from playing the game and it would get more attention as a VN with choices.

Would I become a patron of the game? Yes... and no. I already had a little discussion about the pricing (with PP, for me it's unfortunately a bit to much per month for one game). But I would do it here similar to PP: I pay once when the game is finished (and maybe 1-2 times in between).

Well, let's hope that the game continues. I am convinced that this one deserves a proper ending.
Yeah, I understand the price is high for some at $5 per month, but my two other games had much more support at the same price.

Follow the Leader - 60 patrons
Secret Summer - 90
Sun Breed 30

So, it showed me people weren't as interested, though I do think it being a kinetic novel had something to do with it.

Anyway, nothing is promised, but I AM willing to finish this properly if my support doesn't drop, like I said.

We'll see. Thanks for the feedback

Last edited:
Reactions: Endless and haooni

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Just looking at that Patreon tier system lets me think that is the dumbest shit I've ever when it comes to Patreon tiers but then I remember that another dev is limiting the number of people who can sign up for his 1$ tier. As far as I see your games are all targeted at the same audience so it's highly likely that no matter what tier he chooses when supporting he is probably interested in all games so to determine the interest in a game with the number of patreons a specific tier has is not a good idea in my opinion. But what do I care, with your need of developing multiple games at the same time, constantly changing or abandoning games it's pointless to play your games before they are finished anyway, especially if the only finished game is the one I was least interested in and the two games I was interested in are either abandoned or changed and I lost interest in it.

3.80 star(s) 39 Votes