Dec 20, 2019
I'm so glad that there's at least one other person on this website who understands xpac heat. And I wholeheartedly agree on Lucas.
I didn't even know this term existed until now Stopped watching. WWE because of the bad writing and acting long time ago.

Yeah of all of the characters from their previous games to bring back why did it have to be Lucas? I am just so tired of his face and making it that he is the main thug for this game is frustrating. I really don't want to see him and my continuing the game is tenuous at best.
Let's just hope that his airtime is minimal and we can give him and the boyfriend (forgot his name) a good beat down.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I get the dislike of some models use, but just like actors it helps to try to forget their last "roles". It makes it hard when they've been typecasted repeatedly playing the same part though

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I didn't even know this term existed until now Stopped watching. WWE because of the bad writing and acting long time ago.
X-pac heat is from the early 2000's. Long after DX was finished he was still being booked and winning a lot but hadn't evolved his character and fans started getting bored of him.

The boo's went from heel heat to actual "we don't want to see this prick anymore" heat that was later dubbed X-pac heat when fans legit hated the person behind the character.

I get the dislike of some models use, but just like actors it helps to try to forget their last "roles". It makes it hard when they've been typecasted repeatedly playing the same part though
It's not just the model and it's pretty hard to forget a character you hated that's still the same character.

He was a shit antagonist in DmD and he is still a shit antagonist in this. He's there as a creepy potential rapist that we all know isn't going to get anywhere, it's just slimy and pathetic and served no actual purpose.

I stopped playing DmD because he ruined every scene he turned up in and didn't pick that up again until a few weeks ago, still had to completely skip a large chunk of the first season.

Rather than use new and interesting characters they went back and picked the absolute dumpster fire character from DmD that no one wanted to see there nevermind in another game.

It's not just the same model playing the same role, it's the same character brought back for an encore absolutely no one asked for yet again shitting up every scene he's in.

Last edited:

Dec 20, 2019
X-pac heat is from the early 2000's. Long after DX was finished he was still being booked and winning a lot but hadn't evolved his character and fans started getting bored of him.

The boo's went from heel heat to actual "we don't want to see this prick anymore" heat that was later dubbed X-pac heat when fans legit hated the person behind the character.
Don't give the developer ideas. I don't want to see Lucas doing the DX move when he appears in the later updates. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

Dec 20, 2019
It doesn't really help when the game literally tells you "Hm, this person looks familiar, where have I seen this person before?".

Reactions: EZ8lt

domino75

Dec 22, 2018
Rather than use new and interesting characters they went back and picked the absolute dumpster fire character from DmD that no one wanted to see there nevermind in another game.
To be fair, Kristina is a different character than the daughter. She's not a single digit IQ dumbass, for example.

Reactions: EZ8lt

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Anyone else appreciate the Father Ted reference? If you went to the church last. (As thought might as well not pick Shortcake's route on my secondary save file)

Reactions: Pantisocrat

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019

It's not just the model and it's pretty hard to forget a character you hated that's still the same character.

He was a shit antagonist in DmD and he is still a shit antagonist in this. He's there as a creepy potential rapist that we all know isn't going to get anywhere, it's just slimy and pathetic and served no actual purpose.

I stopped playing DmD because he ruined every scene he turned up in and didn't pick that up again until a few weeks ago, still had to completely skip a large chunk of the first season.

It's not just the same model playing the same role, it's the same character brought back for an encore absolutely no one asked for yet again shitting up every scene he's in.
They almost did that with Kristine as well. A blatant recycle of a character model justified by a weak in-world reason (she's such a fan that she had plastic surgery aa well as it seems), some of the same characteristics as well, and then they tried to brush it off as something "funny", with the idea of renaming her to Dee.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
I thought it was a How I met your Mother reference.
I could be wrong but since a lot of the references to some things that are in the UK, like the name of the boss and the football team, it seams to me at least that the Father Ted reference is about the sitcom Father Ted.

Last edited:

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I am not familiar with Father Ted. Could be both, as Barney Stinson liked to play "Have you met Ted?", mostly to Ted Mosby's chagrin.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
I am not familiar with Father Ted. Could be both, as Barney Stinson liked to play "Have you met Ted?", mostly to Ted Mosby's chagrin.
My friend, if you haven't seen Father Ted, stop what you are doing and go watch it. They are all on youtube too. It is hilarious. Oh, and it is definitely a Father Ted reference, not HIMYM.

Reactions: MOAR Cowbell

Dec 20, 2019
That's nice.

Completely irrelevant to what I was talking about, but nice.

Difference being, Kristina is a different character with the same look, Lucas is Lucas ... it's the same character.
Doesn't matter if it's different character with the same look, to me it's overused, even saw her in some other games. As for Lucas, maybe Lucas is from a different dimension. Lucas better not have a photographer brother. At least Kristina looks a bit better than Dee.

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes