Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Having Nicole propose this now feels manipulative as fuck and is more likely to spark feelings of resentment and jealousy than anything else. Whereas if they realize how horrible it is to be completely broken up, there is a leadin to a discussion of a different path a few updates down the road. THIS kind of option would work better for me personally. Can't speak for others of course.
MC doesn't yet understand how much of a shallow princess Nicole is. This is a way for him to gain some perspective by seeing how these other women value him for who he is, not who they think they can shape him. Only then will he realize that what he shared with Nicole wasn't love, at least not on her part. Her face has always been closed, always calculating. Sister's, on the other hand, is nothing but open, as are so many of the others.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Alright, I thought of a scenario which MIGHT be built on an existing open relationship: it could enable a harem. If MC is dating a bunch of women who know he's in an open relationship, they get used to the idea of sharing him. Maybeeeee that might make this worth putting up with.

However, there are other ways to enable a harem so even if this is what they have in mind, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It would be novel though.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
Alright, I thought of a scenario which MIGHT be built on an existing open relationship: it could enable a harem. If MC is dating a bunch of women who know he's in an open relationship, they get used to the idea of sharing him. Maybeeeee that might make this worth putting up with.
A 'harem' where it's an open relationship is NOT a harem, just saying.

Reactions: Macgamer

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
So you're not into sharing but won't break up with her, you hate her but you won't break up with her. What?
YEAH - hard to understand - i know ;) :censored:
last hint:
just because SHE is in an open relationship does not mean that she has to fuck others
And even if i hate her, she might be of use in an open relationship
There is more than the usual NTR, sharing, cheating stuff like discussed in nearly every VN.
Even i didn't see that possible (uncommon) path as i was blind of rage because of not being able to break up with her
(even more i never seen that possible path in any VN)
i just hope MrDots will go that way XD (unfortunately it's not 100% decided yet)

But now i have really told already too much ...
(sorry for confusing you even more)

Reactions: Macgamer

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Frankly from day one Nicole gave me a bad feeling and now she is the one who proposes the open relationship? This bitch is fucking another guy and she doesn't want to tell the MC, I'm just sorry that MrDots didn't add the option to cut her off completely and send her to fuck off
Ashley best girl by the way
I'm really wondering if we're being led to the eventual scene where Nicole finally sees the MC in his own power, and suddenly wants him back. By then, he has moved on.

Reactions: Jeff Steel

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
I am not even sure why there is a disagree choice for the open relationship (instead of agree or break up)
Nicole is already thinking about fucking someone else. If you disagree, she would either break up with you, or just cheat behind your back. Unlikely she would just be OK with you saying no, and respect your decision.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
A 'harem' where it's an open relationship is NOT a harem, just saying.
I think you misunderstand what I'm suggesting. If MC is an open relationship with Nicole and starts dating Victoria, Sister, Cousin, Ashley, Trisha, Yuki et al. who all know about his relationship with Nicole, they are getting used to sharing MC at least with Nicole. If they are okay with that, it MIGHT make them more open to sharing him with each other in a harem relationship after he breaks off or renegotiates his relationship with Nicole. Does that make more sense?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Just a heads up to all those talking about the open relationship, the DEV is very pro open relationship and has stated as much in the DMD forum on many occasions, so if that is not your thing or you don't like the GF you may wish you find something else. It is very unlikely that the dev will allow you to break up with the GF before you are forced into a total shit show just to add drama to this game.
Funny you should say that. I'm polyamorous, and open relationships have been the norm since I was 22. I was one of those disappointed that the open relationship option in Melody forced a lesser endgame.

For those who complain about the missing possibility to break up:

YES, i was also one of them, feeling the urgend need to break up completely.
YES, i said "was" - with some more insight right now, i understand the (optional) need NOT to break up
YES - even I changed my mind NOT to break up, as it's needed for a possible future path which might be worth to see
I seriously feel that future path (perhaps Nicole wanting MC back now that he's found his power), is the reason for this option. Seriously, though, I expect that even if MC and Nicole were to break up, MrDots would find a way for Nicole to see the new MC she let go.

I don't actually have anything against open relationships. I'm very pro-polyamory. The problem is an open relationship being proposed in this situation in this way--That's crap! I seriously doubt that an open relationship has ever saved a failing relationship. To be successful, you either have to have perfectly compatible kinks and/or extremely high trust and excellent communication skills. A failing relationship is not a particularly good environment for either of the last two, and if the first case is true, they've probably had an open relationship all along.

Oh, and by the way, breaking up now does NOT prevent an eventual reconciliation. People break up and then get back together all the time.
I know a few relationships where part of their polyamory/open relationship is the fact that one member in the marriage is kinky and the other is not. It's a way to allow the marriage to continue with what it *does* have rather than have what it doesn't begin to wear.
Having Nicole propose this now feels manipulative as fuck and is more likely to spark feelings of resentment and jealousy than anything else. Whereas if they realize how horrible it is to be completely broken up, there is a leadin to a discussion of a different path a few updates down the road. THIS kind of option would work better for me personally. Can't speak for others of course.
My second wife and I lived monogamously for our first four years. She knew that I was polyamorous by nature so when she met a guy she was interested in online, she asked to open up the relationship. Not knowing we were having problems, I agreed. It was actually good for me, because I hadn't realized how much I held myself in check in basic social interactions.

Reactions: Jeff Steel

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I know a few relationships where part of their polyamory/open relationship is the fact that one member in the marriage is kinky and the other is not. It's a way to allow the marriage to continue with what it *does* have rather than have what it doesn't begin to wear.
Sure, kink isn't necessary, but I bet they have the high trust and excellent communication portion, right?

My second wife and I lived monogamously for our first four years. She knew that I was polyamorous by nature so when she met a guy she was interested in online, she asked to open up the relationship. Not knowing we were having problems, I agreed. It was actually good for me, because I hadn't realized how much I held myself in check in basic social interactions.
You personally benefited from the arrangement, but was the RELATIONSHIP saved? Not trying to argue. I'm genuinely curious. I don't know of any relationships in my circle saved by this kind of arrangement.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Then why does she suggest it? If I was in a long distance relationship and my girl friend suggested this, I would immediately think she wanted to have sex with someone else. It's not like she said that MC can fool around but she wouldn't.
I even gave my wife a year and a half of outside relationships before I allowed myself to open up to the possibility (so as to help her be less insecure). That was my choice.

This "poly while apart" option reminds me of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. They've talked about being non-monogamous while apart.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
For those who complain about the missing possibility to break up:

YES, i was also one of them, feeling the urgend need to break up completely.
YES, i said "was" - with some more insight right now, i understand the (optional) need NOT to break up
YES - even I changed my mind NOT to break up, as it's needed for a possible future path which might be worth to see
NO - i am absolutely NOT into NTR, also not into cheating or sharing
(i know this sounds confusing all together, but i can't reveal more than that - even this was probably too much for now)
All i say is, that all complainers (yes, i was one myself) maybe don't see ALL possible paths because of their rage XD

For those who still want to break up -> we recieved your urgend demands, we forwarded it to MrDots and MAYBE (this is NOT a promise in any way or kind right now) there will be a way to break up next update. If you are really that desperate to break up, that path should be scripted easy way. (For my part, even i hate her, i will NOT break up - just saying).

AGAIN:
This is no official statement from MrDots, but also staff members and moderators support a breakup-path at this point. We have to wait the final decision of MrDots. So please stay tuned just a bit longer and await his decision. You always can start to rage again in few days/weeks if you want - but for now your voice is heared.
Okay, so because of a planned plot line we can’t break up with Nicole? We have to wait until some future plot point (most likely dramatic and cliche as these things usually are) before the MC is able to tell her to fuck off... I honestly don’t care if I miss out on story or content I still want to be able to tell her that the relationship is done.

If she’s in a long distance relationship for less then a month and already proposing that they be in an Open Relationship then she’s moved on. The MC and player should be able to move on from her if they so choose.

Honestly this update killed a lot of my interest in the game with that revelation. I didn’t hate Nicole as much as others do, rather I disliked the fact that the most realistic option, to call it quits, wasn’t given to the players when it makes the most sense. Instead the players must either accept that the girlfriend essentially lined up someone she wanted to fuck and then proposed an option that allowed her to do so without guilt or the player has to decline and close off any chance of the MC fucking any of the women he is now around without being a cheating asshole.

Neither are options that I’m interested in exploring right now.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes